Help for an inexpert

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

andi_planetz

Post by andi_planetz »

Hello everybody.
I'd like to know which is the basic project for play(hear) a modular II patch for example and can record it in a Cubase MIDI project. I have a evolution midi controller connected to the computer via USB. Which is the correct form to do this? What things have i to do in cubase/sfp ?

Thanks sooo much, and sorry for my inexperience!
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Hello there Andi. Again Welcome to the Z! :smile:

You know, if everybody should have to tell you how to do the basics, the writings would go for too long and too many. The best you can do is to get the manuals and start just by what you need most. Don’t study Pulsar manual as a whole, it will be frustrating. Read it as you need, and do something with the sound, this will keep you in a good mood and willing to study more.

Any doubt you may have while you are at it, then you come here and there will be quite a few tens of us ready to solve it.

One interesting thing we all like to know when somebody starts in the Z, is its setup and equipment in general. For instance, which is your CPU, how much RAM, your MOBO, etc., all these things are important when giving you the tips you need, as they will change according to your setup and hardware.

I would also recommend you that, if you use XP, you get here:

http://www.musicxp.net/tuning_tips.php

And follow all the basic tips, don’t worry much about those you find complicated to do, it is better NOT to apply them, if you don’t understand what you are doing. Read the explanations given, they are quite clear and easy to understand. This little tweak will help your machine to run faster and more stable for audio problems. There are a few problems that this tweaks can solve right away, so they are worth the trouble.

We also would like to know which is your sequencer, which one do you use to record MIDI and Audio, and it you use some apps along with your main sequencer, it is also useful to know. For instance, there are people running Cubase SX with FruityLoops, or with Ableton Live 5, etc.

Good luck and good music! :wink:
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*