I would like to congratulate ->

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

All of you whose mother-tongue isn't english! :smile:

I think it's great that you guys have learned to express yourselves in a tongue that is foreign to you. I know I have a lot of fun with your spelling mistakes but I can't help but admire the fact that you at least put in the effort to write and even help others.

Thank you and keep it up! :smile:
Are we listening?..
Valium

Post by Valium »

Thx a lot man, but I know there are other that have a much harder time getting the english language right than me.

Keep it up!!!

Greetz
ChrisWerner

Post by ChrisWerner »

I´ll do my best Miss Sophie. :wink:
hubird

Post by hubird »

me not exactly understandingk you talking about, but you speakingk about my mother tongue, I not liking that, she me mother you kno :mad:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hubird on 2003-07-11 08:55 ]</font>
Neil B

Post by Neil B »

I second this congratulations. Sometimes it's hard to read between the lines, but we always get there in the end.

Chris - "Miss Sophie"?
Same procedure as last year?
:grin:
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

Same procedure as every year James.
paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

Me thinks hubird has metamorphed into a dutch DXL :lol:
hubird

Post by hubird »

Nestor

Post by Nestor »

It's fun... and you help this good moments too, being patient for instance with our constant mistakes... so thanks to YOU too, English speakers... :grin:

Gracias amigos, por vuestra buena onda y apoyo continuo a los que somos extranjeros de la lengua inglesa... :smile:
rodos1979

Post by rodos1979 »

It is really amazing if you think that we are from all places of the world and not only we can communicate, but we even help each other! Congratulations to all the nice people in here!

P.S. ¿De dónde eres, Nestor?
"The one who asks, makes a fool of himself once.
The one who doesnt ask, remains always a fool."
rodos1979

Post by rodos1979 »

[double post, its not my fault!]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rodos1979 on 2003-07-11 21:15 ]</font>
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Yes, you're right, it was your finger... what an irresponsible one it is... :lol:
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Naci en Argentina, si te refieres a nacionalidad...

Translation: I fell down from the moon to the earth in Argentina... he he...

Chinese translation:
Chin con cuh, he s, tua le ma chou lan, A/quen/tin/a,. :grin:
scary808

Post by scary808 »

I really apreciate all planet z users. Sometimes the english can be a little off but it's more that most americans & I can do. I only know a little espanol(mostly profanity). Gracias mi hermanos pulsarianos.
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

La lengua no es ninguna barrera, si alguien no le entiende, apenas habla más ruidosamente !
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

It is not important, what you write. It is important, how we read.
And I will follow this up with som intertran translations (where are you samplaire?):

English -> Croatian
nije ne važan , kakav ti pišeš. Ima važnost , kako mi ?itamo. (?)

English -> Danish
Den er ikke betydelig , hvad jer skriv. Den er betydelig , hvor vi læse. (not good - how=what you=I what=where)

English -> Dutch
Is het niet voornaam , welke u schrijf. Is het voornaam , op welke manier wij luiden. (ok?)

English -> English
It is not great what you express by words. It is great , method we interpret. (almost poetik)

English -> Finnish
Se on ei merkittävä , mikä te kirjailla. Se on merkittävä , kuinka me kuulua. (?)

English -> French
Est non important , ce que vous écrivez. Il a de l'importance , comment nous lisons. (ok?)

English -> German
Es ist wichtig , was Sie schreiben. Es ist wichtig , wie wir lesen. (first part 100%, second part 100% right)

English -> Greek
????? ??? ?????????? what you ?????. ????? ?????????? , ??s ????s ???????. (yeah shure?)

English -> Italian
È non importante , che tu scrivere. È importante , come noi leggere. (ok?)

English -> Japanese
??? is not ??? what ? ??. ??? is ??? how ? ??. (ups)

English -> Latin American Spanish
No es importante , cuál usted escribir. Está importante , cómo nosotros lectura. (ok?)

English -> Norwegian
Det er ikke betydelig , hva du skrive. Det er en betydelig , hvor vi lese. (what=where gain)

English -> Polish
jest wa?ny , co piszesz. wa?ny , jak czyta?. (?)

English -> Spanish
No es importante , que escriebes. Es importante , cómo releemos. (?)

English -> Swedish
Det er icke viktig , vad du skriva. Den er viktig , hur vi läsa. (I am not shure about hur)

Bad gramar everywhere, I believe. But that is not important. The important thing is, that ALL these languages are native languages for atleast one person in this forum!!! And some languages where not even awailable in the translater. Also, despite the fact, that we come from so may nations with such a huge variety of languages, we are able to communicate in an understandable, peacefull, helpfull and (not least) respectfull way (and quite a bit better than the intertran translator).

And now is time for group hug :grin:, cause this shure is evidence of a powerfull force inside humans towards positive interaction.

edit: all ? ecept those in paragraphs looked different, before I submitted this reply. The Japanese ? where all square boxes though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Immanuel on 2003-07-12 09:08 ]</font>
sandrob

Post by sandrob »

yes. even my english is not good, i feel like at home here, on the planetz.
people here are friendly and helpfull so i don't feel any... hm, "i don't know word for this feeling :wink:" to write on the way i do.
hm, i guess it's real fun to read for you who speak english?! he, he... :roll:

sadly that some people have no understanding for us "tarzans".
on teh uad's forum one guy ask for help, and this is one of replies:
your english sucks i can barely understand you busty

go back to school fool.
fortunately this is just one man. other guys are nice same as here.
anyway, i have feeling this forum is more free and democratic than manny others. :smile:
hubird

Post by hubird »

spoimala

Post by spoimala »

Somewhere I missed the point of this thread, but... if You, Immanuel, want corrections to your translations, I can corret the finnish one :smile:
Word-by-word, the sentence in finnish is
It is not important, what you write. It is important, how we read.
"Se ei ole tärkeää, mitä sinä kirjoitat. Se on tärkeää, kuinka me luemme."

See how similar it is, in terms of word count and positioning. It is perfectly understandable and legal finnish. Anyway, nobody would say it this way, here's a better one.

"Sillä, mitä sinä kirjoitat, ei ole merkitystä. Merkitsevää on se, kuinka me luemme."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: spoimala on 2003-07-13 18:14 ]</font>
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

My intension for bringing these bad translations where to visualize how different our native languages actually are - and how many nations we are gathered here at PlanetZ. Also I wanted to express the miracle that we are able to understand eachother against these odds.