Pulsar + Luna II Software?

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Robby

Post by Robby »

Hi!
I have one Pulsar1 and an Elektra Card. With the Luna-Key from the creamware site I was able to get the Luna-Recording-Mixer and the Surround-Mixer of the Luna1-Software to work in my Pulsar-Environment.
My question is: what advantages gives me the new Luna2-Software? EQs and Dynamics are already included in my Pulsar-Software. Are there more benefits than only the effects and the two mixers?

Thanks,
Robby
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

Well, you get the 2 new mixers which cost over $100 together in the Creamware shop, one is a surround mixer.

I also think I heard you can now run the Free Pulsar Devices on your elektra as well! Try it out, go to the PlanetZ download pages and grab PePerGhost Synthesizer and try it on your Elektra, it should work, try some more of the devices on PlanetZ, you should hopefully have a miniPulsar now, if I understand correctly. Report back :]
Robby

Post by Robby »

Well, I do own a Pulsar already! :smile:
I use the Elektra-Modular V2 in my Pulsar-Environment and don't use the Elektra-Software, because there I only can use the 3 DSPs of the Elektra-card. In Pulsar I can use all 7 DSPs together.

I also use the two mixers of Luna I already. The key on "My Page" made them work in Pulsar.

Are the Mixers of LunaII improved ones? Or are they still the same as in LunaI?

What advantages do I get? Is it worth for a Pulsar+Elektra-User to download the LunaII-Software?

Thx,
Robby
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

The main advantage that I see in running the new Luna/PowerSampler/Elektra software is gaining support for the Free Pulsar plugins (thereby extending the capabilities of your 3DSP "dedicated function" card into an almost "miniPulsar") Since you already have a Pulsar and can use the Free ones as well as the Creamware Pulsar software, you're ALREADY good to go!
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Do what I did. Link the two cards with the STDM cable - thus combining all the DSP!

open your Pulsar scope.rgy file and copy the registration keys listed there. Paste these into the PowerSampler/Luna/Elektra scope.rgy file. DO the reverse as well.

This allows you to use either environment as well as all the various modules and synths in both environments.

I am now able to bring in PowerSampler setups into Pulsar as well as the Recording Mixer and Surround Mixer.

VERY cool!