USB Midi Keyboard in Scope

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

Jerry le Funk

USB Midi Keyboard in Scope

Post by Jerry le Funk »

Hello,
How can i use a USB Midi Keyboard in Scope?
Greetings
Jerry
GordonGekko

Re: USB Midi Keyboard in Scope

Post by GordonGekko »

Scope pci or xite have midi in, so I guess the easiest way is to find a working interface.
nebelfuerst

Post by nebelfuerst »

you can use MidiOX to connect you keyboard-midi to the scope-midi.
Some devices with USB suck in W10/W11 as the drivers are a mess.
Some devices can be set to some "compatibility mode" to work. (e.g. elder Roland Midi keyboards)
\\\ *** l 0 v e | X I T E *** ///
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

you can use the software of your choice to route the USB midi device to Scope, if you are using a DAW, you can do it straight from it.

If you are only interested in playing live, there are also adapters to transform USB midi device to MIDI, just search for "USB MIDI to 5-pin DIN MIDI", but in my opinion, as to run Scope you are running a computer, the easiest way is to use software in the middle.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

I´ll attach a "Ocean Swift Synthesis" device, Faxi posted long time ago somewhere here ...
It allows routing a USB Controller keyboard directly into SCOPE 64Bit without launching any VST host or such.

It works for me on my Win7 Pro SP1 Z97 DAW machine w/ XITE-1 and SCOPE v7.0 x64.
Might work w/ Win10 (and/or 11) too.
Ocean Swift MIDI Router (64).zip
(3.57 MiB) Downloaded 68 times
good luck

:)

Bud
valis

Post by valis »

Keep in mind that the way you route is also related to your workflow, if you are interested, and only recording the audio and are a good player, routing directly into scope would make sense. If, however, you want to record the midi and the audio, or only the midi, you would want to route your USB midi keyboard into the daw first and then route that into scope with no loop back.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

valis wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:54 am Keep in mind that the way you route is also related to your workflow, if you are interested, and only recording the audio and are a good player, routing directly into scope would make sense. If, however, you want to record the midi and the audio, or only the midi, you would want to route your USB midi keyboard into the daw first and then route that into scope with no loop back.
I´m using that OSS device for just only programming and playing synths in SCOPE (XITE-1) from the same USB MIDI controller I also use to play native VSTis standalone or in a host, record MIDI and such.
The physical DIN-MIDI-Out of that controller runs to NoahEX MIDI-In.
It works all simultaneously WHEN I want, but the main adavntage is not unplug and plug cables all the time.
Lifetime of USB connectors is very limited.

:)

Bud
valis

Post by valis »

This was more for the OP, but noted. :)