NAMM this January

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

netguyjoel

NAMM this January

Post by netguyjoel »

Anyone going?
Joel
garyb

Re: NAMM this January

Post by garyb »

not me, but hello!
LunaMan

Post by LunaMan »

How about AES (New York) Oct 25-27 https://aesshow.com/. Exhibitors include Neumman, Music Maker, SSL, Harrison, Genelec, Soundtoys, Eventide, Magix, Celemony, Sonnox, Fabfilter, Sony and Shure.
LunaMan

Post by LunaMan »

But I forgot about Arturia - they slipped this little ripper under the radar. Released at AES yesterday :

Reimagined Audio & MIDI Control. Computer: Optional
AudioRig 16
AudioRig 16
arturia-audiofuse-16rig.jpg (83.1 KiB) Viewed 2692 times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oqbr4cPmvJU
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

LunaMan wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:45 am But I forgot about Arturia - they slipped this little ripper under the radar. Released at AES yesterday :

Reimagined Audio & MIDI Control. Computer: Optional

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oqbr4cPmvJU
So, what´s new and/or "game changing" w/ this audio/MIDI interface ?

There are "USB MIDI hubs" on iConnectivity mio XM and XL interfaces offering network-MIDI,- which the Arturia doesn´t ...
The "mixer" is comparable to RME TotalMIx,- while already older and latest generations of RME interfaces offer different sets of DSP FX,- which the Arturia doesn´t ...
"Standalone operation" is also not big news and larger count of analog I/Os as also a "MIDI-trio" and 2 sets of ADAT I/Os aren´t either.

For me, it´s just only another USB-C audio/MIDI interface combining some features other amnufacturers already developed before.

And because that´s the SCOPEusers forums here,- it has absolutely nothing to do w/ SCOPE and it´s realtime ability.

:)

Bud
LunaMan

Post by LunaMan »

Apologies - my bad - I thought this was the Off Topic forum.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

LunaMan wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:01 pm Apologies - my bad - I thought this was the Off Topic forum.
Yes, it is !
So feel free posting what you want.
It was just only my comment because I have the impression there are always people trying to tell us how Scope hardware should be,- ignoring it was never designed to be a "audio interface" (soundcard) in 1st place.

The best is in deed using a soundcard AND SCOPE hardware/software in addition,- instead waiting for Scope becoming a soundcard like all the others are.

Bud
garyb

Post by garyb »

???

i use Scope cards as soundcards, even if they are not what Wndows calls "soundcards".
valis

Post by valis »

Most of the external RME cards have had the ability to function standalone as a mixer, routing interface and under Midi/HUI control since the Multiface era (check the "disconnect" box once configured and the device is set to standalone once disconnected and for each poweron, until reconnected). This includes the monitoring effects for the Babyface/UFX/UCX etc models.

I have 4 Multiface units, they all do this except sans the effects, because they use an older Xylinx FPGA that doesn't support the addition of the effects.
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

I just wanted to know if anyone is going to NAMM.
Joel
valis

Post by valis »

Thread is still active and open, January is a few months away.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Where the world will be in a few months from now....., I don't know...
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

garyb wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:54 am ???

i use Scope cards as soundcards, even if they are not what Wndows calls "soundcards".
Yes it´s possible and I did too w/ XITE-1 and Scope PCI,- w/ the little disadvantage there´s no way to change buffer settings on the fly.
And w/ forthcoming of Win10 and 11 as also a number of 3rd party developer´s VST plugin updates,- the Scope v7 ASIO driver started introducing issues, last but not least w/ some virtual instruments in "standalone" mode.
Also some hosts run smoother w/ p.ex. RME drivers (Babyface and Raydat),- which wasn´t the case w/ Scope v5.1 which I used w/ XITE-1 on a 32Bit Windows machine.

That´s why I´m urgently waiting for the v8 update and prefer using Scope standalone.

Bud
LunaMan

Post by LunaMan »

netguyjoel wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:43 pm I just wanted to know if anyone is going to NAMM.
Are you going ?
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

Yes, I have meetings with a bunch of manufacturers on a new high school I'm providing systems for.
Joel
LunaMan

Post by LunaMan »

netguyjoel wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:04 pm Yes, I have meetings with a bunch of manufacturers on a new high school I'm providing systems for.
Man on a mission !
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

AVIXA/InfoComm is donating their entire CTS curriculum to the school and I've raised over $100K in hardware donated by a handful of manufacturers. We're putting in a full blown recording studio too...hence the trip to NAMM.
Joel
LunaMan

Post by LunaMan »

Wow ! What hardware ?
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

4K NDI PTZ cameras and controller from PTZOptics, Epiphan switchers (2), Magewell NDI/HDMI emcoders, (3) Panasonic CX350 camcorders, Shure wireless mics, JBL VRX/SRK line array, 23 foot long dvLED from Absen, (7) 42U Racks, (20 door) Card Access system from Sicunet, 50 IP surveillance cams from ICRealtime, a complete network backbone (9) 48 port POE+ layer 3 switches, (30) WAPs, (22) EPSON Brightlink projectors, (22) Da-Lite whiteboards, a few miles of cable that's the short list.
Joel
LunaMan

Post by LunaMan »

Sounds more like network/security so far -so music gear still to come (from NAMM) ?