Pulsar 6 DSP SRB card for sale

Have Scope hardware to sell or trade? NO DEALER POSTING ALLOWED.

Moderators: valis, garyb

MaartenM

Pulsar 6 DSP SRB card for sale

Post by MaartenM »

Hi all,
As in the title. A PCI card with 6 SHARCs but no outside connections at all. So purely to add DSPs. To my best knowledge it works but it has been lying in a cupboard for a few years and I haven't recently tried it (I do have a Scope PCI setup but just too many cards).
pulsar3.jpg
pulsar3.jpg (1.82 MiB) Viewed 3382 times
pulsar2.jpg
pulsar2.jpg (2.76 MiB) Viewed 3382 times
pulsar1.jpg
pulsar1.jpg (2.92 MiB) Viewed 3382 times
130 EUR + shipment.

Best regards,
Maarten
geoffd99

Re: Pulsar 6 DSP SRB card for sale

Post by geoffd99 »

Hi, this would work internally to a DAW? I used to have a large system and miss it. Is there any software?
Thanks Geoff
MaartenM

Post by MaartenM »

Hi Geoff, you would need some kind of output to use it, maybe it would be possible (depending on your system) to use the link to your pc audio chip. As for software, I do have some old disks so you're welcome to have those BUT these are for a very old Scope software version (4.5 I think) and those may work with Win XP but unlikely with Win 7, let alone 10 or 11. What you could try is to also obtain a small cheaper (3 DSPs) Sonic Core Luna sampler card, they do regularly show up on Ebay etc. with software, and then this pulsar card could be used to triple your nr of DSPs. I never had a Luna so maybe someone will correct me but I am sure I have seen references to combinations of Luna's and Pulsars. HTH, Maarten
geoffd99

Post by geoffd99 »

Yes, I think it is integrated if it has a mixer, the outs go somewhere in the daw, that's how I used it, then the daw to outside. But probably better not to miss around. Yes I've had Luna's before, they are quite good. Regards Geoff
astroman

Post by astroman »

Scope 4.5 has no problems with Win7 (at least not in 32bit).
Almost all plugins don‘t mind the OS version at all, because the DSP code is executed outside of Windows.
Only if Win libraries are linked, there might be conflicts but afaik that‘s extremely rare.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

MaartenM wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:56 am old Scope software version (4.5 I think) and those may work with Win XP
Maarten,- I´ve sent you a PM when your offer appeared.
I want to know where you´re located because of to expect shipping costs.
Plz come back to me via PM.

:)

Bud
MaartenM

Post by MaartenM »

Mods for some reason I cannot get my PM's to leave my outbox... Must be something really stupid but can you help?
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

MaartenM wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:10 pm Mods for some reason I cannot get my PM's to leave my outbox... Must be something really stupid but can you help?
Hi Maarten !
I got your PMs and sent a new reply already.

@mods:

I got locked out while typing PMs and using preview.
When I signed up again, all I typed was lost.
It´s not the 1st time that happened,- it randomly comes and goes unexpected since years.
It feels like having limited time to finish posts or PMs.

Bud
MaartenM

Post by MaartenM »

Did you get my latest PM Bud, seems to be stuck in my outbox again. Don't like this Planetz PM system!
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

MaartenM wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:39 am Did you get my latest PM Bud, seems to be stuck in my outbox again. Don't like this Planetz PM system!
It´s all well.
Communication works ! :wink:

Bud
MaartenM

Post by MaartenM »

Bud - sent you a PM today and not sure if the PM system has sent it through... could you check?
valis

Post by valis »

Delete old pm’s, you’re full.
MaartenM

Post by MaartenM »

Hi Valis, with 10 messages in my combined PM boxes? No attachments or anything? If my PM boxes are "full" maybe it is time to have a good look at the PM system... Anyway, I deleted a few and 1 message stays in limbo in the "outbox". Just like a nr of days ago. It is a bit difficult to converse via PMs if you are never sure a message gets delivered...
Sorry for the rant, I appreciate you keeping an eye on things for sure but a full PM box does not seem to be the problem here.
Thanks,
Maarten
garyb

Post by garyb »

messages stay in the outbox until they are seen by the recipient. if a recipient's message box is full, then they won't get the message.
MaartenM

Post by MaartenM »

Aha, that explains! Thanks Gary! So the problem is "on the other side", so to say. Thanks again.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

MaartenM wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:34 pm Aha, that explains! Thanks Gary! So the problem is "on the other side", so to say. Thanks again.
I got all your PMs and my inbox isn´t full.
I delete some stuff frequently and by occasion.

And because you didn´t post here up to now,-
the SRB is mine now.

I´ve just sent you the shipping adress and other details.

Bud
MaartenM

Re: Pulsar 6 DSP SRB card for sale -SOLD

Post by MaartenM »

Thanks Bud! I think we can conclude the PM system is not without its (minor) flaws.... I guess that a message does not leave one's outbox until it is read by the recipient. That is a bit counterintuitive (well to me) compared to most mail programs. But hey ho, let's chalk it up to my misunderstanding of the PM system then. And indeed, the SRB is yours & sold & the thread may be closed (another thing that I do not know how to do....) :D
valis

Post by valis »

Feel free to head to phpbb and leave feedback, we simply run the software this board has used since its founding. :wink:
MaartenM

Post by MaartenM »

Don't get me wrong Valis, I'm not critisizing you guys, I wouldn't dare. I know you didn't write it. In the end I now know how it works and I won't be bugging you anymore (with this at least :wink: ).
valis

Post by valis »

It doesn’t bother me, and I’m happy you were able to conclude this transaction.