NeoDyne for BlackBox III

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

spacef

NeoDyne for BlackBox III

Post by spacef »

Neodyne:
==========
Synth included in BB3 full pack only for the moment (discounted upgrades will be available for those who own some modules already).

More info: https://spacef-devices.com/news/neodyne/

PicNeoDyne.jpg
PicNeoDyne.jpg (221.51 KiB) Viewed 6701 times

=================================================
DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE DEMO AND RELEASE VERSION
=================================================

The following are improvements/corrections made after the Demo version. They were not intended as limitations of the Demo, but now they are because the main devices was updated. Here is a list of what has been added/removed/improved:

Added
---------

- M.CC button: allows to show/hide potentiometers connected to most drop-down lists of NeoDyne. These potentiometers are made to assign a midi CC and remote control menu selection.
- Filter 3 Modulators: added AfterTouch and ModWheel, reorganised list.
- Bias in PWM modulators list. Bias allows to "navigate" manually between wavetables of the Papaya-G oscillator (which are sometimes difficult to reach).
- P8/P8 NoLag as PWM modulators. P8 was first removed for having too little effect, but has been readded again for confort. If you find the signal too low, use the P8 through ModMix 1 or 2 with a gain boost.
- 'Mod2 to BB3' boosted internal gains and send levels (the PWM list and Send potis are the same as for the regular oscillators, but the send levels are much louder when in "BB3 mode" than in regular oscillator mode). To save DSP, I did not use a gain booster, but a simple change of the poti's max value when in BB3 mode.
- Mod Wheel amount (red vertical vu) is now stored/restored in presets because it can be used without mod wheel as a 7th LFO.

Removed
-------------

- Modulators Osc 1 / 2 / 3 / Ring have been removed from Filter 3 Mod list because they are not useable with the Vox/Formant filter. These modulators are still available for Filter 3 through the Mod Mixers 1 & 2.

Corrections
---------------

- Trigger sources of TEG 1 and 2 were not in presets
- Mod. Selector of BP filter was not in preset
- BB3 Inserts presets were restored randomly (eg, all osc ok except osc1, or osc3...). Completely revised and solved.
- BP or F3 resonance modulation amount was not in preset, corrected (sorry, it is unclear now which one was erratic)..

Misc. Improvements:
--------------------------

- Larger preset name display, allows longer preset names.
- Redesigned program change navigator and "edit" window
- Many graphics alignments, overlaps, overlooks, have been corrected (dry routing gain, Freq. Vu meters, buttons, potis, some drop-down list font size & color background which were unconsistent...).
- Various panel optimizations (speed/ram)
- minor routing optimizations (saves DSP resources equivalent to an Eq or a simple modulation effect).
- Review of all presets in consideration of the above.

Corrections In Papaya-G
------------------------------

- corrected unexpected offset of 1 semitone
- improved "wavescanning" by boosting Neodyne's Mod2 levels (easier to "scan" all the difrent parts of a wavetable.
- Surface state and position stored/restored in screensets.

Corrections In Pulsine3
------------------------------

- Mute buttons had no effects
- Added + 12 dB at master output (now total is +24 dB gain)
- F.In and Mod2 send levels were mixed up.
- Fine tune corrected.
- Surface state and position stored/restored in screensets.

======================
NOTES ABOUT PRESETS
======================

*** Presets in this zip are organized "by polyphony". This has an effect on the output volumes, which are optimized for various polyphony. Most polyphonic sounds were made for a polyphony of "Synth=3, Sequencer=1". When you play 3 notes together, the sequencer will be assigned to 1 note only. NEODYNE has been tested with polyphonies of 5 and 7 on Xite-1. It is a big synth, that takes DSP especially with high polyphony.

**** Many presets use insert Effects, which makes the transition time between presets quite long sometimes (depends on complexity of inserts). Some may cause DSP overloads, it is better to use small effects here and use the Aux Out for big Echoes and reverbs.

**** Try the "Glass Melody"', "Glitch" series to see what NEODYNE can do in very opposite styles. There are many other presets and many textures yet to be discovered, especially by using BB3 Oscillators inserts, and because some parameters were added/extended at the end of the design, after making most preset lists of the demo pack, and are yet to be explored by users.
You can use BB2/BB3 oscillators.

Zarg insert compatibility is not ensured yet. This is only because it would take more resources to implement, which is not great for polyphony (as it is something to do in polyphonic parts of the device) and it would make the device less reliable (it clicks loudly when changing from BB3 to Zarg and vice versa. Producing this kind of sound interference should be avoided when possible as a general rule). Either I will pass to the Zarg standard later on (this would have no effect on user presets, the process is "transparent" to presets) , or make a few oscillators to fill the gaps (2 oscillator inserts for example). But much less than in the past (less specialied oscillators, for more versatility). In the filter section, a few filters should also be available during 2022 (LowPass, 3-band-bandpass, other fomant, are possible ideas but have not yet been done). Users will tell me if it is useful (for example, if there are special oscillators only found @ zarg).
Last edited by spacef on Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:20 am, edited 15 times in total.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
spacef

Re: NeoDyne for BlackBox III

Post by spacef »

papaya-g-pulsine3.jpg
papaya-g-pulsine3.jpg (47.13 KiB) Viewed 6689 times
Attachments
papaya-g.jpg
papaya-g.jpg (19.37 KiB) Viewed 6689 times
Last edited by spacef on Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
spacef

Post by spacef »

noticed yesterday during beta testing that the demo has 2 missing parameters:
- Mod. of BP filter will not recall which modulator was selected.
- T.EG 1 & 2 trigger source, is not recalled in preset neither...

All this has been corrected and will be in the release version (demo stays like this).... i must only re-check all presets and try to remember which modulators were used in those slots :-) .....
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
valis

Post by valis »

🌞
Joey

Post by Joey »

very cool
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Looks really great Medhi!!! Can't wait to try it out.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

This is a really great device. Looking forward to buying it.
Thanks Medhi!
spacef

Post by spacef »

Thanks for the reactions. I am adding midi CC controls for most drop-down menus (they will be hidden by default, and appear only using the new "M.CC" button (means "Menu CC" , to assign a CC to drop-down menus). I corrected an awful lot of graphic stuff (aligning buttons and potis, small overlaps, other small things not immediately noticeable).

In the meantime, I have a question: "how does the font look on the synth and Papaya-G oscillators" ? In Papaya, I used Calibri, but can't remember which font was used in some of Neodyne Drop down menus. I ask in order to revert back to "Arial" in case some people have issues with fonts.
In any case, I hope it will be available at the end of the week-end, reviewing and redoing all presets is going to take the whole week end, at least...
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Fonts are fine on my computer.
spacef

Post by spacef »

Good that's something that works in that osc :-)
I finished everything today, synth, presets, including review of the two above oscillators (correction of some weirdness, now much better).

I will upload during the week.
Here is a track made with 8 presets , no added effects except a bit of reverb on 1 sound.
mp3 on my site https://spacef-devices.com/Downloads/Mi ... eodyne.mp3
or flac 24bits, on soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/user-442800355/neodyne-8-presets
nb contains a basic drum track (kick, snare, congas, made with samples).

Enjoy !
see you l8r this week.
Mehdi

PS: presets used
- Glitch Form Fx 02
- Glass Melody 01
- Bass 06
- BassSeq ModDrums
- Bass Seq ModMix1
- Glassy Melody 04
- Osc 3 Mod 03
+ another i forgot to note down...

NB: check first post for all updates/differences between demo version and release version.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
spacef

Post by spacef »

Released ! BB3 repacked !
More info: https://spacef-devices.com/news/neodyne/
Lacking the time to make a beautiful page.... but the essential info is there.

PS: those who already have BB3 Full pack should find a download in their account,
or on this page (kind of BB3 Area manually updated for the time-being, accessible only to BB3 full pack owners, thanks for your understanding).
>>>> https://spacef-devices.com/blackbox-3-downloads/
(or through menu / Downloads / BB3 Downloads)
If i forgot you, let me knows !
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
spacef

Post by spacef »

I forgot : https://spacef-devices.com/bb3-discount-request-form/ (must be logged in to see the form).
If you already have BB3 devices, you can upgrade to the full pack. Please send a request. Upgrade is basically (full pack price) - (whatever you already paid for other packs or individual devices). For some people, It could be completely free or may be 3 euros, lol ;-)
Sorry for the manual process, but I am not Arturia or NI yet to be able to automate all this, lol
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
spacef

Post by spacef »

latest versions of Papaya-G (waldorf osc) and Pulsine 3 (3* Morph sine to Pulse with PWM ) are available to all BB3 users here
https://spacef-devices.com/downloads/pa ... c-inserts/
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Been playing with NEODYNE all morning. Nice synth! Crisp sounds, comprehensive layout and useful features.
I raised the voice count to 5 with an optimization on the Xite. The great thing I noticed was I was able to navigate through the presets without having to re-optimize!!!! This is huge to me! Thanks for your hard work on this Medhi I'm sure I will get a lot of use out of this one.
Looking forward to digging in deeper.
spacef

Post by spacef »

next week there should be some filters (redux BB1, BB2, unreleased ones).
demo (more or less same preset with different BB2 filters) : https://soundcloud.com/user-442800355/s ... in-neodyne
ps: bb /sat filters don't work very well in the demo (+release will be fixed next week with filters).
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
spacef

Post by spacef »

Added to the Full pack (please re-download from the BB3 download area)

- 23 revised BB2 filters and new insert filters
- approx 30 presets demoing filters
- corrected NeoDyne BB2 filter insert parameters
- added 24dB filter to Filter 3 choices
- The pack also includes the inserts for Scope Modular (old versions freeware).

All filter inserts output on 2 channels and can be used in the Modular Mixer or other devices which use "mono to stereo" or mono to dual mono. Internals revised and often modified and improved. The update is made on the basis of the version 1 of many filters (BlackBox 1 version, circa 2003...), as found on an old CD backup. Also removes the "registration info" so all inserts are lighter. News look and better sound.

have fun !
Attachments
ALL-FILTERS.jpg
ALL-FILTERS.jpg (371.51 KiB) Viewed 6065 times
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Sweeeeet! Thanks Medhi!
spacef

Post by spacef »

Welcome :-)

I posted the list of the files in the pack, as well as a limited promotion for those who don't have any BB3 devices (may be for 1 or 2 months max). https://spacef-devices.com/shop/blackbo ... ll-bundle/

have a nice sunday

mehdi
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
spacef

Post by spacef »

A few new presets >>>> https://spacef-devices.com/sf-downloads/
Listen new presets FLAC (only monophonic presets) >>>> https://soundcloud.com/user-442800355/e ... ts/neodyne

Presets used (all in Bank "Factory 2")
In order of appearance in the Flac song
Hexagon Pad 02
Vox Perc 05
Bass & Formant 2
AngelPadsMono Arranged
Glitches 03 (with Stutter Edit and EfxFragments on the Echo)
Pitch Bend Solo
KeyPluck Long 02

New preset list
forgot to highlight #18 "Pitch Bend Solo"...
UpdatedPresets.jpg
UpdatedPresets.jpg (125.19 KiB) Viewed 5955 times

Import in Second preset list and use copy/paste (to avoid erasing your own presets by overwriting it with the new Preset List - so do not overwrite with this list unless you have not modified/created any preset yet).).
COPY-PASTE-PRESETS.gif
COPY-PASTE-PRESETS.gif (61.02 KiB) Viewed 5955 times
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Thanks! Will add these and check them out.