Hardware replacements, time to downsize!

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

PlanetZaxxon

Hardware replacements, time to downsize!

Post by PlanetZaxxon »

I am a scope newbie. But so far I love it. :D I just bought V7 and and currently running it on one pulsar card, with a couple more cards on the way.

Anyways, my main thought process of getting into the scope platform was for the modular 2/3. I've been wanting a nord modular for awhile but came across scope when looking for alternatives. I haven't really dug into the modular stuff yet but hoping to do so next.

Long story short, I was also hoping to replace a lot of my current hardware/synth gear. I own a ton of stuff, and it's just too much now. I also have a ton of eurorack gear. It's been hard for me to let go of stuff, heh.

I've been trying to out everything that is available, all the builtin stuff but what I am looking for is any recommendations that are available on the Scope platform that replaces the following:

Physical modeling (bells, strings, percussion, etc) It's what the Intellijel Plonk/Mutable Instruments Elements/Plaits/Rings does, for modeling surfaces, noise, body/tone etc.
-I do plan on getting the Six-String, that thing sounds amazing for any type of guitar/harp sound

Wavetable synth (Waldorf Blowfeld, Hydrasynth, plaits, microfreak) It seems Vectron is the similar architecture, any other suggestions?

Granular Synthesis, I couldn't see with any of the included stuff with v7 seems to do granular?

Draw-able wavforms. A synth that allows you to draw your own waveforms manually, to use as a wav/oscillator.

Drums - KickmeToo! is awesome, is there anything similar like that but for snare drum synthesis? I guess I could try to make snares with KickmeToo though.
-Been looking into the Aquarius LogiQ, but it seem like i dont need all the other stuff, just the drum synth part.
-tried BlackBox CWM, but it wont run/load on 4 DSP, doet!
-or maybe even something like the Nord Drum

Filters or maybe a fixed filter bank - any sweet sounding standalone filters that I can just put after the main outputs of the routing mixer, so I can run everything from scope through it?

Thanks in advance! :)
valis

Re: Hardware replacements, time to downsize!

Post by valis »

Check the banners across the bottom of the frontend for the forums here: https://scopeusers.com/

First stop of course is Sonic|Core and the 3rd party offerings right there. Highly suggest perusing ScopeRise as well.

Once that's done, check the 3rd party dev forums here. Also check announcements, for instance SpaceF.

Lastly, I suggest finding a Flexor 3 key.
PlanetZaxxon

Post by PlanetZaxxon »

Well yes I have done all off that already, I guess I was looking for some more specific answers. All the stuff available is a little overwhelming.

Such as Flexor 3, just gives basic info, and the adern site is half broken, not loading things. The displacer module sounds good but the link for the manual is dead, and couldnt find a demo for V3 anywhere. Also would prefer to be a standalone "device" other than ran inside of the modular.

but thanks for the response nonetheless!
nebelfuerst

Post by nebelfuerst »

For testing devices just ask at support of sonic core to get a demo key.
You can run the devices for a test period.
I did so before buying.
\\\ *** l 0 v e | X I T E *** ///
PlanetZaxxon

Post by PlanetZaxxon »

ah good call, forgot about that. they actually gave me a test key to try V7 out first on my old machine to make sure its all good before purchasing. Will see if I can get a flexor v3 temp key.
Spindrift

Post by Spindrift »

Flexor has string oscillators for karplus strong.
Also, for percussive sounds, flexor all pass filter is pingable and can produce some nice sounds.
And granular, drawable waveforms and filters are covered as well.

For sure there are many other filters, some standalone as well, and I think there are a couple of physical modelling synths, but cannot remember them of the top of my head.

Manual is available from sonic cores download area, and modules have built in help:
https://scope.zone/server/public/scope/ ... manual.pdf
borg

Post by borg »

whatever happened to Gizmo??? viewtopic.php?f=5&t=28714&p=290661&hilit=gizmo#p290661
and why did Python Pro disappear from the shop? never had the chance to play with that one, but it sure looked interesting. can't even find a screenshot anymore...
andy
the lunatics are in the hall
astroman

Post by astroman »

Python Pro is the only synth on Scope that‘s a true one of it‘s kind - it doesn‘t emulate anything pre-existing.
The respective modular patch on which it‘s based is way below it‘s capabilities.
Which imho are first of all derived from routing the fx section back into the synthesis on a feedback path.
This is a fairly unstable and kind of risky approach as it can break out into full loudness within a fraction of a second.
But carefully controlled it delivers surprising and stunning results.
If I had to pick only one single synth on Scope... it would be Python Pro. 8)
borg

Post by borg »

yeah, I remember you being a true advocate of this synth. it's especially the feedback thing that interests me. I'm a sucker for unruly sounds!
I would settle for Wavelength's SparC as a favorite, although I also like C4T a lot as well.
andy
the lunatics are in the hall
PlanetZaxxon

Post by PlanetZaxxon »

oh ok cool, I will have to check out Python Pro and SparC, thanks!