Dont Need A Gun

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dante

Dont Need A Gun

Post by dante »

The man said 'You Dont Need a Gun' when the other man has none. In the context of 2020, you also don't need a gun when the enemy is invisible. I knew I couldn't replicate Billy Idol's snarly vocals or Steve Stephens deadly lead squeels with MIDI, so I drew inspiration from the rock stars of the plugin world - Brainworx Deizel VH4 amp, Brian Transeau's Stutter Edit 2 (iZotope) and Ocean Swift's OS20.

dawman

Re: Dont Need A Gun

Post by dawman »

Nice buzzy Guitar Sounds.
Good work Dante..
dante

Post by dante »

Ankyu. Here's the follow up - the Iso Eradication Remix of Rebel Yell. I actually spent more time learning Shreddage 2 keyswitches to wring out some Steve Stephens pyro slides and squeels. For 2 years the myriad of knobs on that VST had me head scratchin :-? but I got it figured & now Steve weepin and wailin :o .

spacef

Post by spacef »

have you tried doubling the rythm guitar with the same 1 octave lower?

edit; talking about rebell yell rythm guitar. Solo is pretty cool, you even did the modulation effect at the end of the solo.... cool.
Last edited by spacef on Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
dawman

Post by dawman »

Told you Shredage was pretty good.

Nice tracks
dante

Post by dante »

dawman wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:43 am Told you Shredage was pretty good.
You did ! And you were right - I need to RTFM more. But meanwhile Im about to pull the trigger on :
Pedal Steel
Pedal Steel
PedalSteel.jpg (29.26 KiB) Viewed 2111 times
This instrument has always fascinated me but I havent had a chance to explore, so hopefully this will open more David Gilmour styled sonic doors. http://www.gilmourish.com/?page_id=69 Ive also heard some great slides from these on Country and Western, so I should do a Nashville style song using it.
spacef wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:24 am have you tried doubling the rythm guitar with the same 1 octave lower?
Ive used Boss Octaver pedals, SPX90 etc but generally I wouldnt double triads an octave lower, just the root and maybe 5th. Those effects tend to muddy up doing full chords. Mind you I have a great effect on the ol Digitech Valve FX that doubles an octave up with slow attack and delay tails that does a great imitation synth pad. Again works best on single note +8ve or 5ths rather than full triads.
dawman

Post by dawman »

I have Wavelore Pedal Steel and want this too.
Amazing how the tone up and down the neck changes and a Keyswitch/button can do so much.
Andrew makes great Duduk, Sitar, Tamboura, Oud...really like his instruments.
Pedal Steel is coming soon to me. I use the ad on FakeBook to remind me.
Hit like on instruments then they show up on the right side whenever you go to FakeBook to lie about how happy you are.
dante

Post by dante »

Just got it - loaded up stock sound and set bend to 7 (5th). If I push the bend too fast theres a bit of stepping thats not there if you push it slower. So have to do a bit of research I guess. Maybe its a side effect of the limitations of the bend CC only having 127 values. Other than that its like having Stratus with way longer sustain. Cool on first impressions. Will see how it runs out in one of my Floydalike tracks.