Installing SCOPE 7 on X64 O/S

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Sounddesigner

Installing SCOPE 7 on X64 O/S

Post by Sounddesigner »

When i install SCOPE 7 on X64-BIT O/S do i need to fully install 5.1 version of SCOPE first or only just copy my 5.1 folder to the C-DRIVE and then run v7 installer? Does 5.1 has to be fully installed first or is only a simple folder copy sufficient?
dante

Re: Installing SCOPE 7 on X64 O/S

Post by dante »

I had issues with installing fresh - so installed over a 5.1 install fixed it:

viewtopic.php?p=331953#p331953
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

If i have to do a full install of SCOPE 5.1 first then how do i turn off Windows 10 Drivers-Signing first since i believe that is required with a full install of SCOPE 5.1?
dante

Post by dante »

I never had that issue on Win 10 - only Win 8 - but there's some info somewhere on how to boot or run in elevated mode (without UAC).

eg stuff like :

https://winaero.com/blog/how-to-turn-of ... indows-10/
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Well if it was not a issue for you then that tells me it might not be a issue at all for me. I hope so. Thanks for the link to the info, i'll definitely check out! Any surprise pitfalls i need to be aware of in Windows 10 X64?
dante

Post by dante »

Heres another one from the Scope 7 Bug List:
dante wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:41 pm
Rebu wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:15 am Hello guys i solved my fx crash problem that's how:

In Scope settings, global, Screen Mode i choose "Show Desktop" (generally i work in "Hide Desktop")

In "Show desktop" mode all fx work without any crash tested on:

Scope PCI

1- Win7 64
2- Win10 64 (fresh installation)

In Hide Desktop mode a lot of fx crash scope

Hope that help someone had same problem
I can confirm this - Scope Setting -> Global -> Show Desktop. Enabling this STOPPED the R6025 'pure virtual function call' error I was getting on loading the SC-AutoGate and the SC-Brickwall EQ. These plugins now load normally. Switch to 'Hide Desktop' option and the crashes occur again. This is Scope XITE x64 and Scope PCI x64 both Win8 and Win10 fresh installs.
You might as well trawl the whole topic : viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35221&start=40
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Woe, that looks like a pretty seriouse pitfall. I definitely don't wanna deal with anymore weird crashing issues, i've had enough of that with Sonar on 32-bit O/S. Good info, thanks!
garyb

Post by garyb »

just put delays into multifx shells and they won't crash. i always use the hide desktop function.
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Ok, Got it! Good to know exactly wich plugins cause this issue.
dante

Post by dante »

Yeah its no big deal. I've had 3 x instances of Scope XITE v7 x64 and 2 x instances Scope PCI v7 x64 all working fine on 2 different machines.
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

I've encountered installation problems with the drivers of SCOPE 5.1 x64 on Windows 10 x64-bit. I tried to install 5.1 before installing v7 and ran into a problem with 5.1's drivers during the install process. When attempting to install the drivers I get a message that says: " Found- SCOPE XITE-1; ERROR- InstallDrivers Returned -2 ".

What does this mean and what do I do? When i try to launch SCOPE I get a message saying it can't launch cause board or drivers not installed.
garyb

Post by garyb »

you don't need to install the v5.1 driver, but if you do, you need to disable driver signature enforcement.

v7 is a complete install. the only reason to haver v5.1 on the computer first is if you have projects and plugins that you want to be available in v7. you can always add those things later anyway.
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

So i don't even have to launch and Activate 5.1? Also, do i need more files for Modular 4 and its Tape delay in x64 O/S?
garyb

Post by garyb »

no, 5.1 is not required.
mod4 files are on the ftp.
i'm not sure about the tape delay status.
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Thank you Gary you're a lifesavor! I thought i was in the beginning of a nightmare scenario.
V7 installed with no problems. I can't tell yet how well it does or does'nt run on my computer system yet cause i have no Activation string key yet, but so far so good! I really don't usually like making major changes to my system because of nightmare scenarios and time consumption but staying on Windows 7 32-bit was starting to be more and more problematic to were i'm now running from it. The industry forces you to upgrade one way or another :) ..

EDITED
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

garyb wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:34 pm
mod4 files are on the ftp.
i'm not sure about the tape delay status.
It does'nt appear that Modular 4 is X64 O/S compatible. I downloaded the installer v4.0.1721 from the FTP Server and when i try to install it i get a message that says " This program can only be installed on versions of Windows designed for the following processor Architecture - X86".

Am i missing somethong?
garyb

Post by garyb »

look in the other folder. there is no installer for 64bit.
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Ok, got it! Modular 4 files found.

Is the delay plugins bug that leads to crashes something that applies to ALL delays including third-party and modular or does it only applies to stock delays? Don't wanna use Multifx in unnecessary situations if such exist.
garyb

Post by garyb »

i don't know about 3rd party, but it certainly applies to stock delays(which DO work in inserts or the multifx modules).
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

This 64Bit "Issue" is somewhat weird.

With modular, at least one Flexor patch being selected from preset list, crashed my system (Win7 Pro x64 / SCOPE/XITE v7.0) w/ BSOD.
Can´t remember which, but it did.
Since then, I avoid loading Flexor patches from preset list because I never know which modules are involved and which not.

I guess, as soon as some sample ( and/or wavetable? ) OSC, trying to load a sample, is been loaded,- it crashes.

Ironically, when someone reported SCOPE-delays as not working,- I loaded one and connected to aux send/return and it didn´t crash,- but also here, I forgot which.
Maybe I had just only luck,- so I decided to be safe and put an Aux-rack into my basic project.
And,- I was surprised, ZARG Ambient crashed SCOPE and Windows,- also w/ a given patch being loaded from preset list ...
Some ZARG patches want samples called "Thing ...",- so I guess that was the culprit.

For me, it´s no surprise since we all know STS doesn´t work and crashes SCOPE as well as Windows.
STS and all time based FX use host computer´s RAM.
I hope this issue will be fixed in SCOPE 7.1 and even I know it isn´t a simple fix.

:)

Bud