Bass amps / plug ins designed for bass guitar black box 2

General discussion for SpaceF Devices

Moderators: valis, spacef

Liquid EDGE

Bass amps / plug ins designed for bass guitar black box 2

Post by Liquid EDGE »

What plug ins included with black box 2 are supposed to be used with a bass guitar?
Last edited by Liquid EDGE on Mon May 04, 2020 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
spacef

Re: Bass amps / plug ins designed for bass guitar black box 2

Post by spacef »

The BassT devices are effects which includes 2 compressors placed after a frequency crossfader.

it allows to compress differently the lower and higher frequencies. The compressor Ratio is "relative to the other frequency (if bass comp ratio is high, then hi comp is low, and vice versa). It pretty easy to find the right comp. The Input and General ratio at the top left of the device is the start point o the compression. ON the bass T2 you can disengage compression from either hi or low. on the Bass T1 , you can disengage only from the high frequencies.

It does not include any amp/cabinet simulation but 2 equalizer stages (1 is classic 4 band curve, and the other is fixed frequencies)
You could add amp sims as vsti, after recording, but I never found one that is really "that" useful in comparison to eqs.

I have read the threads about bass amping + scope but I confess the best sound I get for recording is "dry" most of the time. That's how you get the cleanest and most full sound that is easy to eq and manipulate after recording. I also have a Mooer Radar (guitar pedal) which is pretty cool and sometimes helpful for bass. I would advise the mooer radar to anyone looking for inexpensive speaker simulation for bass and guitar. I do not remember if I used the mooer on bass for my most recent bass recording. What they do nowadays in the amp sim department is pretty amazing compared to 10 years ago. I never use "guitar rig" anymore it is completly outdated (and was never good for bass, that always sounded muddy). I still used it sometimes for extra amp sim (even after the mooer, as an extra "colorization" effect).

I also strongly advise recording in 32 bits to get 1:1 sound between your scope and your wave files (that's what i discovered recently... I still wonder why I did not do it sooner)....
Attachments
basst2.jpg
basst2.jpg (124.33 KiB) Viewed 3984 times
BASS-T-1.gif
BASS-T-1.gif (78.89 KiB) Viewed 3984 times
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Thanks SpaceF. I seem to only see bass t2 in my installation.

What about dragon 2 & dragon 3?
spacef

Post by spacef »

The Dragons are drive/distortion, made for guitar. But why not try them with bass :-)
They contain a lot of distortion dedicated to bass frequencies, so it could give nice results on bass. Beware it is very loud.

By the way, I think both devices are mono (I got confused by the double comp vumeters for hi/lows)
T1 is the same as T2 but with a button to change "pages". The T2 displays everything at once.
I should really work on a BB2 repack soon but I have been buzy with a cool variation of KrOn with random stuff...

See below for BAss T1
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
spacef

Post by spacef »

Just realized the Bass T1 was freeware and was avalaible on planetZ downloads rather than on the BB2 pack.
so I can attach it here.
With the T2 you can disable comp on both Hi and/or Low frquencies, I thinks that's the main difference in addition to the display (probably some fine tuning here and there too).
Attachments
Bass T1-free.zip
(408.23 KiB) Downloaded 244 times
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Thanks a lot SpaceF.
Spielraum

Post by Spielraum »

love thanks for the gift T1!
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅] Lange Welle ~ Mittelwelle ~ Kurze Welle ~ Ultra Kurze Welle
Scope Sandbox soundcloud ~ youtube ~ bc modular-guide° ~ modules-SR