Parasite. What a great movie! Thank you Oscars

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

fra77x2

Parasite. What a great movie! Thank you Oscars

Post by fra77x2 »

I see that in the off-topic section we can write whatever we like so I 'd like to share my satisfaction for the oscar best film winner this year, a film from south Korea "Parasite". I'm a holywood fan and rarely get satisfied with outsiders films, of course there are plenty of those, but to my satisfaction this year the winner for best film is a non American film (my satisfaction because as far as I like US films and I recognise that they are pioneers great actors and directors and the whole industry at the same time I can observe their limits). I watched the "Irishman" and what to say. I hated it. A nusty brutality, heroes go old and die, 3.20 hours long and boring, fake CGI, it ruined my day and my consience. My grandpa was a more serious gangster and his story a lot more interesting (he travelled from africa to germany (in prison) to greece and more) than these pathetic murderous characters. I liked a lot Once upon a time in Holywood because I like Tarantino, DiCaprio, Brad Pit and the whole story. I liked Jojo Rabbit a lot. I kind of liked the Joker. (I like Joaquin Phoenix alot see Woody Allen's the Irrational man) I haven't watched all the competitors though. But yeah I watched today the Parasites and what a movie! Of course the cinematography is modern and kind of influenced from US cinema but the script has a lot of social meaning and is free of the hard propaganda the US cinema has, that is almost forbiden to talk about social issues and class divide and the strungle of the different classes and this through the progress of the modern world. So I could write a lot more but yeah, Thanks to Oscars that are able to recognise that something is better even when it is not "theirs" and thanks for the people that got inolved in this movie. What a great thriller!
dante

Re: Parasite. What a great movie! Thank you Oscars

Post by dante »

Haven't seen Parasite but will do. Agree regards 'Irishman' - waste of time. Jojo Rabbit sucked - my sister and hubby thought it funny - but me & the mrs failed to see any humor.

Best movie I've seen in a while - Midway. Action wise, it surpassed Pearl and then some. Great to see Nimitz, Halsey and co clean up the pacific. Loved the GC on those Dauntless dives.
dawman

Re: Parasite. What a great movie! Thank you Oscars

Post by dawman »

The Dauntless Dives were incredible.
Totally agree about Midway and Parasite.
Also agree The Irishmen being Scorsese’s worst.

What’s nice is when foreign productions challenge the Hollywood Cartel and liven it up with competition.