MIDI Decoder and Encoder: 2 atoms for SDK

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

jpo_midigods

Re: MIDI Decoder and Encoder: 2 atoms for SDK

Post by jpo_midigods »

So i figure Midi2Val is a midi noteon message to sync notenumber, it gives you 2nd byte of a noteon ignoring 1st and 3rd (channel and velocity). I had never use for it... not important issue but i'd had called it "NoteOn to notenumber".

I had it always on my searchs for cc midi modules before fantastic and keep-it-simple-as-in-midi M2V.

I never knew why MVC modules don't sends out direct midi notenumber... but i remember they has an async socket for notes.

Im using M2V for ccs as asked but also for notes. Im using Mackie C4 32 knobs pusbuttons sending hardcoded noteons as a text keyboard for fast C4 screens label editing. Its not qwerty but very fast also and i can edit labels hands on C4 hardware without breaking my music workflow, with just pressing 7 pushbuttons for a five chars label. No more char scrolling with knobs nor other workflow breaking, time consuming options.

you can filter notes from ccs easily by using a midifilter before M2V but also manually after by conditional send if type equals 11 or 9 (for ch1).

thanks to M2V module and BC Multi-Mo im abling to design for 32 physical knobs using almost same resources than for just one. It had took many many years and a global pandemic but finally i feel i can make good simple, reusable designs on fabulous Modular.

YES!

"MIDI is the languaje of Gods"
early www anonymous

"We have SC Xites and CW Pulsars"
jpo
"MIDI is the languaje of Gods" (anon)
Spielraum

Post by Spielraum »

i like to work with IF modules, that's so logical.
if you desired, then i expand the filter options in M2Vf or Mf2V :)
crucial for Midi Out (filtered/thru)

i think, cwm module out is async, because no converter is queried when "blue" out is connected to async I / O
have check this with bcm Fader A

scope atom logic, i think
+ async out > sync in (auto conv)
- sync out > async in (need manual conv)
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅] Lange Welle ~ Mittelwelle ~ Kurze Welle ~ Ultra Kurze Welle
Scope Sandbox soundcloud ~ youtube ~ bc modular-guide° ~ modules-SR
jpo_midigods

Post by jpo_midigods »

Thanks Spielraum, i dont need any filtering and monitoring because im now used to monitor everything inside and outside of Modular to be completely sure haha i dont trust anyone haha. I havent catch any errors in M2V as im very early user of this module.

I like simple modules with simple use, small, clear view and well named so dont needing any further manuals. Maybe a gate out socket? im not sure how easy is to trigger a gate from an async socket.

Also I always thinking about saving async connections on general Scope use as a good design rule.

But I think more funcionality can be useful for others to learn. A complete MIDI tutorial for Scopers can be made on a Modular project, providing complete interactive data visualization over messages and conversions...

Only Problem for me now is I never know if a async white socket on a module will be 7 or 32 bits, i always feel im doing rare conversions with control rangers.

cheers,
jpo
"MIDI is the languaje of Gods" (anon)
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Where do you install these midi decoder and encoder atoms files to?

Not got a clue about SDK yet, but setting it all up to then dig into.