Scope 7 Bug List

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

valis

Re: Scope 7 Bug List

Post by valis »

Xite Knight v2.0 wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:34 am For completeness, this bug list should also include the fact that Scope 7 renders the Xite hardware useless in the sense that the BNC port meant for receiving external wordclock does not work.
This has already been widely reported, and 'useless' is an overstatement (opinion, not fact) or needs a qualifier of 'useless for My/This/X Application'.
Xite Knight v2.0

Post by Xite Knight v2.0 »

valis wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:20 am
This has already been widely reported
That’s why I said ‘For completeness’. I actually wrote directly to SonicCore a couple of years ago and asked for a ‘hotfix’, but I never got any reply.
valis wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:20 am
and 'useless' is an overstatement (opinion, not fact) or needs a qualifier of 'useless for My/This/X Application'.
My apologies. I have qualified it now with a correction in red
valis

Post by valis »

Several people would like to see that fixed, so I hope we see that soon.
Marvin

Post by Marvin »

I have asked Holger for a hot fix some time ago, too. But now I am not so convinced anymore that this is a bug at all. As I wrote in the Xite-1 PC config thread with my old PC I have not been able to use word clock via BNC at any time reliable. And I have had clicks and pops from time to time, even when I have synced e.g. via ADAT. For the new PC I have followed the path having the PCIe card connected directly to the CPU as explained in the same thread. Works absolutely stable now, no bug anymore, all is synced via masterclock now, XITE-1 included.
Question is, if there could be a fix for those cases with PCIe card connected via chipset. If that makes sense at all because of e.g. IRQ sharing? And also don't know about PCI cards.
Xite Knight v2.0

I am happy for you and I appreciate your info about a new hardware setup that solved the BNC problem in your context.

All I can say is that software must be a part of the problem. On the day that I bought Scope 7, I could slave my Xite-1 perfectly via BNC before “upgrading” from Scope 5 to Scope 7.

Then I installed Scope 7 and did not change anything else. Result: My Xite-1 is deaf on the BNC input.

Or as I stated it: Scope 7 renders part of my Xite-1 hardware useless.

Again, if you have found a new (expensive) hardware setup that somehow works anyway, that’s great. I hope that info finds Sonic Core if that can in any way help their trouble shooting, so that my BNC hardware is not rendered useless everytime they release a new Scope version (it also happened with their first Scope 5 release until they released the small software hotfix that cured the problem back then).
Marvin

Post by Marvin »

I agree with you, the very same happened to me when Scope 7 was released. With Scope 5 no problems with syncing. Scope 7 with the very same setup instantly cuts of BNC word clock on my old PC (based on X58 chipset).
That means syncing could work basically with all setups, as it has ever before. That should be fixable, so you are not be dependent on certain configurations like Z590 without being able to add a graphic card.
Another story however is obviously shared IRQs. I could sync via BNC on my old machine with Scope 5, but I also had pops and clicks quite sometimes, very annoying. I didn't realised the aspect of the PCIe connection via chipset or directly to CPU back in 2009, when I built my old PC. After reading a lot here I recently became aware of this stuff, and indeed in my old setup XITE-1 shared it's IRQ with the graphic card, which turned out to be not optimal. At least in some cases, I don't know if this is obligatory rule?
Xite Knight v2.0

Marvin wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 2:23 am I agree with you, the very same happened to me when Scope 7 was released. With Scope 5 no problems with syncing. Scope 7 with the very same setup instantly cuts of BNC word clock on my old PC (based on X58 chipset).
That means syncing could work basically with all setups, as it has ever before. That should be fixable, so you are not be dependent on certain configurations like Z590 without being able to add a graphic card.
Another story however is obviously shared IRQs. I could sync via BNC on my old machine with Scope 5, but I also had pops and clicks quite sometimes, very annoying. I didn't realised the aspect of the PCIe connection via chipset or directly to CPU back in 2009, when I built my old PC. After reading a lot here I recently became aware of this stuff, and indeed in my old setup XITE-1 shared it's IRQ with the graphic card, which turned out to be not optimal. At least in some cases, I don't know if this is obligatory rule?
Cool.
I use an Antelope Isochrone OCX as wordclock master for 8 devices in my studio. Until the Xite-1 BNC hardware fault gets hotfixed by Sonic Core, I use the OCX AES/EBU out and sacrifice the AES/EBU input on my Xite-1 for slaving it to the OCX.
Regarding pops and clicks, I don’t know cause I never had any :) My Xite-1 rig is based on an Asrock Z77 Extreme 4. I think there’s no IRQ sharing, or maybe with a USB controller, I don’t remember exactly.
Marvin

Post by Marvin »

Hehe, I have used quite a similar work around with my Mutec iClock as long as I couldn't use BNC. Now quite happy to have it back, as I need all digital inputs of the Xite-1. Hopefully we will see Scope 7.1 with a fix anyway. Soon :D :wink:
garyb

Post by garyb »

known issue....
it IS a bug.
Rebu72

Post by Rebu72 »

Silly bug, in 2448 and 4896 mixer on Rtn-Page, the Return 6 have wrong name, it's R5 instead R6

See attachment picture

----------------------------

Another thing about send/return (not a bug), 4896 mixer start as default with all (R1,R2,R3,R4,R5,R6,MR) Mix and Defeat "disabled", 2448 start as default with all (R1,R2,R3,R4,R5,R6,MR) Mix and Defeat "enable". This take me a little bit of time to understand why send/return not work on 4896 at the beginning.
Attachments
Picture.jpg
Picture.jpg (495.8 KiB) Viewed 91078 times
Xite Knight v2.0

Don't know if this has been reported already.
The left and right on the Wave Source 1 seem to be interchanged by mistake. I don't know if the same mistake is made on other software IOs.
So the left signal comes out of R Out and the right signal comes out of L Out.
Due to this bug, you have to cross the wires in the current Scope 7 to connect left with left and right with right - as shown in the screen shot.
ScopeBugWaveSource1.png
ScopeBugWaveSource1.png (2.39 KiB) Viewed 88602 times
What version of Win10/11?

If you can find the following properties panel
ScopeBugWaveSource1.png
ScopeBugWaveSource1.png (2.39 KiB) Viewed 88602 times
You can control speaker configuration, panning, and sometimes flip the left & right balance.
Attachments
2022-02-20 (3).png
2022-02-20 (3).png (24.91 KiB) Viewed 88577 times
Ciairo

Post by Ciairo »

vdat on scope7 does not go into record
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

Ciairo wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:37 am vdat on scope7 does not go into record
Possibly known bug too.
STS samplers, VDat, some arpeggiators/step sequencers, some FX etc. show issues in SCOPE v7 x64 as also some devices work better in Scope 5.1 32Bit than in v7 32Bit.
Most is already well known, for some issues there are workarounds like using FX in multiFX / rack.
But STS and VDat is no go in 64Bit a.t.m.
It´s about these devices were developed when 64Bit was unknown and memory size in computers was 2GB max.

We´re waiting for the big bang,- SCOPE v7.1 !!!

:D

Bud
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

I think for some of the sequencers and arpeggiators, and even vdat (though I haven’t used vdat in some time), you must place the device on DSP #2 (the older dsps, that is also home to all wave i/o, etc).
fonorecord_studio

Post by fonorecord_studio »

Hi, VDAT monitoring problem here, I think a bug:

Operating system version: Windows 10 last with updates, 32bit (quad core Intel cpu)

Scope Hardware: scope + 2x pulsar2 tot 27 DSP

Ulli settings: 25 ms

Sample Rate: 44.1

Plug-in: VDAT (double, with 16 chls, 32bit, 120 minutes)

Type of bug/error message: bug of monitoring; when I have 1 VDAT all is ok; if I create more VDAT channels, 16 channels, I can monitoring only 8 channels; I can record and listen later 16 channels but I can monitoring only 8 channels in real time; with and without AUTO or ALL button pressed. The blu lights do not function from 9 channel

Other relevant information: I must record 12 channels in Scope in real time in the proof room and I cannot listen and mix channels from 9. I use a mixer to mix and listen, but I do not listen from VDAT and after recording I can listen from VDAT only changing virtual cables.
pranza

Post by pranza »

hello!
just a reality check: on 64bit systems - scope 7, 8 - no vdat, no XTC?

thxx,
pranza

Post by pranza »

another one - does the audiocard source / destination in sfp finally work without clicks or noise?