NEW dNA FX Racks - I cant find a reason to buy? Why?

dNa Devices discussion & support

Moderators: valis, RA

Marco

Re: NEW dNA FX Racks - I cant find a reason to buy? Why?

Post by Marco »

I now tested the DNA Rack and it's sound turns even the most boring soundsource into a big metamorphosis or if you like, just a little correction.
This device is really high quality!
Last edited by Marco on Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
RA

Post by RA »

Annabella...since you were rather reserved(which is good as i said) if not to say maybe a little skeptical at first, it means a lot to me you saying this here. It is a great compliment! Thank you. :D
- We're freaks about gearz and methods -
More on dNa: http://dnamusic.nl
Marco

Post by Marco »

At the moment I love the modulation modul best, but this is my personal sight.

I can understand that there is a stone falling from your heart, you have been working hard on development, here comes the fruit of your work, it is really sweet!
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
RA

Post by RA »

You got that right...feels even heavier than a stone. When one develops you can think you got a good idea and tested everything to the bone...but still it is always very exciting if it really goes "live". You want everything to work flawless, but there is always a chance issues are encountered. With this release there was a serious issue when i sent the devices to Faxi and Fernando; they sent me their presets back....Scope crashed big time...i mean BSOD-ing sometimes...I wanted to cancel the release but finally we got to the sucker which triggered it. But their presetfiles were unusable....had to start all over...but they had the chance this way of really exploring it. The strange thing it kinda worked here with me previously...else i wouldn't have sent it to them ofcourse.

There is no second time for a first time impression ;-)
Well, no worries for all you using it now...it is really solved...and it gave me a chance to do again just a little work...i added the 3d view last minute...that is why in faxi's video it looks a little different ;-)

With these device i had to overcome so much issues, the other dNa devices were much simpler in a certain aspects. The whole switching logic seems and feels so simple, but it is a device on it's own and had to pull out every trick i could think of to pull it off. An idea is one thing, trying to create it with the SDK is a whole different story :D ....right faxi? (if ur reading this one time or another). But we all take every issue, comment or request serious and try to make it work for our customers (asap)

Well, in the end everything falls into place. It is very rewarding if people really like a device in which one puts all their blood sweat and tears, and it really makes it worthwhile. I am grateful i can do this, the pleasure is all mine. When i bought my Pulsar 1 ages ago i would have NEVER thought it could lead to this. This all probably sounds weird, but it's true.

But enough of the sentimental stuff :lol: ...if you have purchased the plugin Annabella: Thank you for supporting dNa and S|C!

Best,
Ray
Last edited by RA on Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

RA wrote:Well Bud...today is tomorrow so had to come here for a drink. I'll drink to that on newyears eve! I'll take your to 2017 and see what i can do. Have some ideas but we'll see.

Until then....happy newyear to all with all ya loved ones!
Hi !

Sorry for being late,-
Thank you and happy new year to you and all the others here too !

Bud
S|C Scope/XITE-1 & S|C A16U, Scope PCI & CW A16U
Marco

Post by Marco »

I loved to support your work! DNA OS and SC
Marco

Post by Marco »

Your long story about the development is nice to read and it gives me a piece of the feelings with you have had while developing processes. This is your baby, but I knew this. It is a piece of master work. Thanks for this.
RA

Post by RA »

It is...it is my baby. Thank you and you're welcome :D
sunmachine

Post by sunmachine »

Bud Weiser wrote: I hoped I were able to use the FX in parallel too,
I'm not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for, but wolf audio's MatrixInsert can do serial/parallel effects in any order as it seems.
I just came across it the other day.
The MatrixInsert comes with the MatrixDelay and also with the 16-Channel Mixer (which also has such an insert matrix in every channel).
http://wolf-audio.com/wad/devices/Entri ... Delay.html (scroll down a little bit)
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

sunmachine wrote: I'm not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for, but wolf audio's MatrixInsert can do serial/parallel effects in any order as it seems.
I just came across it the other day.
The MatrixInsert comes with the MatrixDelay and also with the 16-Channel Mixer (which also has such an insert matrix in every channel).
http://wolf-audio.com/wad/devices/Entri ... Delay.html (scroll down a little bit)
Thx for the hint!

Reading his upgrade policy, I understand Wolf officially doesn´t support XITE and SCOPE versions higher than 3.1 as also has no intention to do otherwise in future.
http://wolf-audio.com/wad/news/Entries/ ... _Xite.html

Since we have new hardware and since I believe in the appearance of some upgraded SCOPE somwhere in future, I don´t think it makes much sense buying the old plugins today,- except one runs some SCOPE on a PCI card system forever.
I think the new developers, dNa and OS (Faxi) do it right, developing for actual SCOPE version w/ actual SDK and testing on both PCI and XITE.
I imagine they will also do for any SCOPE 6, 7 or whatever it will be in future.

And,- when I bought the Wolf MatrixDelay, I won´t have the dNa TC1210 and Tri-Chorus emulations I´d like to get for SCOPE/XITE once I´ll have set up my studio again.
Also,- when I bought the dNa racks now and had the matrix insert as well, there were no way inserting individual FX- or channel-rack´s modules into that matrix.

Bud
S|C Scope/XITE-1 & S|C A16U, Scope PCI & CW A16U
garyb

Post by garyb »

most of his plugins work fine in v5.1.
he's just covering his behind because they haven't been updated.
i use his meter every mix.
RA

Post by RA »

Didnt know that existed, might snoop around for some meters and analysers that can always get in handy.

Seems to me indeed the older plugins should be able to run nowadays. There could be some specific thing that might have compat issues,
but i myself do NOT develop in sdk5, but in 4(CW version). That's just my old jeans that fits me, even though SC would like me to do it in 5 ;-) (point of discussion haha)...there are some things in 5 that just aren't that handy for me personal, as there are things in 5 i'd like to have in 4 ;-)
It works for me, but i still have the advantage that almost all the dNa plugins work in v4 software (even though i don't think a lot of people still on CW software realize that....see dNaMusic.nl > Q&A for details on policy from SC on that)
RA

Post by RA »

Free dNa-plugin has been released for loyal customers. More info on dNaMusic.nl > Loyalty Gift
Last edited by RA on Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marco

Post by Marco »

Phantastic, this is my gift! In Germany the word gift means in English poison. I hope to solve a lot of audio problems with this multi band compression tool.
garyb

Post by garyb »

yep, worth the price for the reverb alone! what a great device!
dawman

Post by dawman »

Look what DNA did to my racks.....!!!
IMG_0151.JPG
IMG_0151.JPG (1.02 MiB) Viewed 9233 times
Marco

Post by Marco »

EMPTINESS! OMG!
RA

Post by RA »

:D
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

Jimmy, LOL. Yeah, Rays racks sure are sweet :D
sunmachine

Post by sunmachine »

Ray the Rack Cleaner :lol: