audio tracks

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Post by Guest »

My audio tracks record everything that has been sequenced, midi and all. Hers the scenario, I record drums,bass and keyboard. Know its time to lay down the vocals. All that I have previously laid down ends up on the track with my audio. I have to get around this problem byturning the other tracks down real low but what I really need is a solution so that I can start recording in earnest. Any solutions? Please help, musically yours R.M.

Post by Guest »

Subject: audio

have you tried mute ?

Post by Guest »

Subject: audio

thanks anonymous ill give it a try.
AudioIrony

Post by AudioIrony »

Subject: Re: audio

I'm just about to experiment with this myself. My theory is this.... from whatever mixer your using within Pulsar, mute the ASIO inputs, this way you should still hear all your instruments via the analog outs but not send to your ASIO inputs and thus not record them.... You can let me know if this works... I haven't got myself a good enough Mic to try it out... Life was so much easier with Apple sound manager ;-))
Shifty

Post by Shifty »

Subject: Audio...

One solution would be to route your analogue input (ie. your mike) directly to the ASIO destination. You can continue to route everything else you have recorded to the mixer in the Pulsar project and then to your outputs - though obviously you will then need to listen to these via headphones while you are singing along or it will all be recorded again via the mike! (I'm probably stating the obvious there, soz).

Good luck. I don't doubt that there is a more elegant way of doing this so please let me know if you discover what it is.

Post by Guest »

Subject: Re: audio

I recorded some guitar today with no hassle.
I remembered that I had hooked up ASIO and Analog destinations from the outs on my mixer.... so, all I had to do was delete the connection from the mixer to the ASIO destination, then run the Analog source directly to the ASIO destination..... this mean't I could monitor all the other instruments via the mixer ---> analog destination and only record the guitar which fed straight into the ASIO destination and into Cubase .
Smashing.