arpeg 2 wiring problem (by gelder)

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Post by Guest »

hi,
i just bought the arpeg 02 which comes with absolutly no explanations , it's a siple device but i have a problem :
how do i record the arpegio into the cubase from external module ? , i have yamaha rm1x as module which has midi in/out , roland pc-200 as midi keyboard with only midi out and pulsar ii with midi in/out/thru.
when i'm connecting the out of the yamaha into the pulsar in (instead of the keyboard) i have somthing like "midi feedback" which means infinity loop of midi.
i really like to start using the arpeggiator so if you understood the problem and know a solution (maybe midi thru on the pulsar ?) please help me .

thanks for reading so far ... :-)

Post by Guest »

Subject: Arp

i've had the arp for sometime now and have used it on tracks inconjuction with pulsar synths only. my understanding is the arp only produces an audio arpeggiation. this means that a pulsar synth audio out or an external audio signal brought into a pulsar project plugs into the arp. i believe i read in the manual which is downloadable from their website that arp02 doesn't produce midi arpeggiated notes only audio. the midi in would be if you wanted to control some of the parameters via Continous Controllers. i've never tried to wire in an external synth but it would be my understanding the you would have to bring you synths audio into pulsar through analogue source or adat source and then route that to the arp. i know, i was disappointed too when the arp didn't produce a midi arpeggiation, but i've found it worthwhile none the less.

cheers
JD

Post by Guest »

Subject: arp

first of all thanks for your answer , secondly , i have a new problem : the sync with cubase is lost pretty fast , even cubase and areg 02 are on the same bpm . i tried sending the signal to the arpeg 02 through cubase to make it precise but it didn't work , any ideas ?

and again thanks for your answer.

Post by Guest »

Subject: Re: arpeg 2 wiring problem

hi
I hope this helps . I patch the midi out of "arp 2"to the "midi out" module. then I make a physical connect from the "pulsar midi" out to the external "midi in" of my alesis. At this point I can arpegiate my external keyboard.
next I take the physical "midi out" from the external keyboard and connect to the pulsar "midi in" physical connection. now in the project I connect the
"midi in " module to the "sequencer dest" module.
now your midi signal is triggered by the arp 2 played on
the alesis "external synth" and midi data passed on to the sequencer.

If you still are having problems my email is betman@gte.net

Betman@gte.net

Post by Guest »

Subject: i Sync not

i always had that problem and never could remedy it. best i could do was set the left maker in cubase where you want to begin listening and press 1 on keyboard to go to that point. press enter to starting playing, if arp is out of sync don't hit stop but press 1 on keyboard to fly to left maker. eventually through 3 or 4 flybacks i could bet the arp to sync. you could try emailing creamware, i don't think i ever did but basically that problem makes the arp not a "live" piece of gear. even if you set the tempos the arp is only good for a 4 or 5 measures. if you find out any remedies let me know, if still enjoy using it. BTW, when you go to audio in cubase you might have to push the arps audio track back a few milliseconds to line up with the kick, after you do that everything should be tight.

JD

Post by Guest »

Subject: arpeg sync

i just sent e-mail to creamware support , i sure hope they have a solution , i bought it to save time not to spend more time.
i let you know as soon as i'll get answer

Post by Guest »

Subject: solution

hey JD read the first responce to my question , the solution is there , i tried it and it's working (creamware probably too busy for me...) , it'll sound out of sync when you don't record to cubase , but when you do record it , it works smooth
good luck