Anybody interested in Hardware cv converters?

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

sharc

Re: Anybody interested in Hardware cv converters?

Post by sharc »

HUROLURA wrote:Great, Sharc is back !!! Anything related to BC Modular ?
Not directly ...for now :)
sharc

Post by sharc »

Zimbo wrote:I dont know about mrc- is it the dedicated controlwindow for a modular Patch in scope?
Yes. Like I said I'm not sure if it's possible, but there's more than one way...
Zimbo

Post by Zimbo »

Mmmm.... 8)

A few questions:

- Does that use just one input on the adcon leaving the other 7 free to be used for audio?

- Are there any interference / crosstalk issues when you use both hands on those controls?

- To help determine if it's possible in Scope as it stands can you describe how you would treat the signal at the Max/MSP end?[/quote]

Ok, These are two different Things:

When i used the adcon than of cause i did nö multiplexing- i just send an sinewave to the Pots, than send the outcome to the adcon (One converter and Adat Channel per Pot) and readout the rms value in max. That Way you easily get the nob Position. I think that should Not be to difficult to do in scope too at least in modular by using Envelopes fallowers- if its possible to Chance a mrc Objekt in sdk that it has 8 or 16 Audio Inputs it should Not be a Problem to Extrakt the Level as a value for further use as control... Of cause this Way nö crosstalk is going on- but that method is also somehow inefficient.

The multiplexing idea is only metioned related to the Initial Topic of the Tread - Building a dedicated converter from scratch- bacause using a whole adat channel for one control would be a waste of bandwith and costs a lot of audio io..

Whatever comes Out will be Kind of Special and Never will have the Ease and Workflow you currently have with cc controls in Overall scope. I gues for standart use of Control surfaces there (hopefully) other solutions will come up- might be osc, copperlan or whatever you have in mind...also for Manual controll a few milliseconds of Delay Caused by methods using the Host CPU would Not be a Problem. Using Audio/Adat Is more relevant for
Modular task where realtime processing is needed and a Lot of Signals going in and Out of the Box at the Same Time..
Last edited by Zimbo on Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
sharc

Post by sharc »

Zimbo wrote:Ok, These are two different Things:
Sorry. I should have been more specific with my quote as I was referring to the multiplexing method only. I'd imagine what you're suggesting should be possible. Sequencer integration for automation might complicate things slightly with the multiplexing method, but even that should be workable. Look forward to hearing how you get on with this.

On my side I don't have any analogue modular gear but have a few nice monosynths which I'd be keen to try controlling from modular. On the input side I'd love to be able to fire some sequences into modular from my MC-202 ...MIDI doesn't really cut it for the glides.
Spielraum

Post by Spielraum »

YES
? XITE EXPANDER
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅] Lange Welle ~ Mittelwelle ~ Kurze Welle ~ Ultra Kurze Welle
Scope Sandbox soundcloud ~ youtube ~ bc modular-guide° ~ modules-SR