ARP Solina String Ensemble preset for Minimax

Preset lists and tools for Scope modules

Moderators: valis, garyb

53E7

ARP Solina String Ensemble preset for Minimax

Post by 53E7 »

I made an ARP Solina (String Ensemble) preset. There are actually two presets: one preset for the Minimax and one preset for the Chorus S. You have to use them together to get it to sound right. Just set it up as shown and have fun. For the best results use as many voices as you can spare (I gave it 16 voices) so the notes sustain and mush together into that awesome chorusy sound as you move around the keyboard.

On the original ARP Solina there was an optional bass accompaniment on the lower half of the keyboard. If you turn Oscillator 2 on (right now it is muted) you will get a bass accompaniment. Unfortunately it goes the entire keboard and not just the lower portion.
Attachments
ARPSolina (Minimax+Chorus S).rar
(72.74 KiB) Downloaded 463 times
Last edited by 53E7 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
yayajohn

Re: ARP Solina String Ensemble preset for Minimax

Post by yayajohn »

Thanks for sharing, can't wait to try it.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Also one could add the SSB Modulator pre/post the CHorus for that Styx String Ensemble sound....

Ankyu.
53E7

Post by 53E7 »

Any chance for a Modular preset ? :) I only have Modular II + III but I do have Flexor 3. I’m really into that sound and any variation of it.

To me the best ARP String Ensemble song ever is Dreamweaver by Gary Wright (1975). Go ahead and laugh but I love that song. :lol: Actually I like any song that uses that sound especially Jean Michel Jarre in the 70’s. Lots of 80’s New Wave artists used it too.