X-Verbs

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

X-Verbs

Post by dawman »

It took 10 days but I have finished making my presets for the Reverbs I plan on using.
I can use the Early Reflector or Master Verb on channels as much as I need to add extra depth or distance, but AUX mixing w/ the SpaceF MB4-II using it's bleedover and stacked inserts gives me many option.
I use the 5.1 Room, X-Plate and X-Ambience on 3 of the 4 AUX's for main reverbs. On the 4th AUX I have a stacked X-Inverse, and X-Chorus/Delay which I can bounce back & forth to with the push of a button that can use both, or mute/bypass combinations. The depths are all controlled by a pair of knobs on my controller for live performance.
And yes my last pair of Lexicons have been sold... :wink:
I have to use a DAS Poltec or similar EQ stacked on each AUX to replace the AES/EBU hardware effects, but we have a nice MultiChannel reverb solution w/ the XITE-1.
This alone, and a quality mixer are worth buying the XITE-1.
A Kurzweil KSP8 w/ the AES/EBU & ADAT I/O plates is 2000 USD used.
These reverbs sound better and can do 5.1 and use many more the KSP8 could dream of.
One of the more sought after FOH touring engineers who demo'd this last week was impressed. Of course he is an avid Gamble console user that has an LARC w/ the 480L, but watching him laugh as he tweaked the verbs and AUX's was rewarding.
He tagged the XITE-1 as the poor mans 480L so I take that as a nod of approval.
untitled.JPG
netguyjoel

Re: X-Verbs

Post by netguyjoel »

the 18 DSP...assignable to FX too?
Joel
dawman

Post by dawman »

Yes but I wouldn't suggest that as it seems once you do that you are locked out of that DSP.
The left column numbers in the DSP meter top out at a certain number, so if I could figure out a way to load up a mixer with effects, etc. and then assign it a DSP, that would be the ticket.
I am still experimenting with that, but I enjoy listening and playing so much, that only when I get tired of practicing do I seek eversion in experimentation.
I really believe by the end of the year I will be using a 64bit laptop w/ an SSD and external 1U eSATA rack for HDD"s.
I see no reason why I cannot have an 8U w/ a laptop and 2 x controllers for an entire live band that sounds as if it were mastered.
This is my quest. These racks full of gear will surely shrink to an all time low in size.
Can you imagine an entire band w/ an 8U and a laptop, 2 x controllers, and 4 x powered monitors and a Sub....? @#$%$#^%&^........
That's the project I am seeking. That should last as long as PCI-e 1X slots are available....
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

Yeah...the 64 bit stuff is commin...& I'm not talkin about it anymore...till Ralf releases it. :wink:

I'm still thinkin a SuperMicro 742 SATA 4U rack mount like I have now, but w/ hot swap RAID5, just cuz I won't be movin it from the studio...

http://www.supermicro.com/products/chas ... 2T-500.cfm

I have a 4U SuperMicro rack mount now, just no hotty swapppy stuff..
Joel