Where is Scope 5 and Xite-1

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

flippineck

Where is Scope 5 and Xite-1

Post by flippineck »

I have to say the delay to releasing these products does not bode well for Sconiccore.

An anouncement saying the product would be delayed around a year ago having raised expectations in the market about new product suggests there are deeper problems here with their product offering. Sales I would have thought would have dropped away as customers wait for new product to be released and with no announcements other than the 'we value our customers and dont want to release unstable product until....' posted an age ago on the web site, seems to re-inforce my thinking - that coupled with a company that went belly up (Creamware) - least we forget that.

If all is well with the company - if there is nothoing to hide, another update on the web site would be very welcome right about now, with a scheduled release date and an updated price (remember Soniccore... the wider market has colapsed and the Euro exchange rates do not favor over seas sales...) so a more favorable price to stimulate demand would be a good thing.

Come on, 'bite the bullit' and let your loyal customers know whats going on before all your development work goes to waste.
the19thbear

Re: Where is Scope 5 and Xite-1

Post by the19thbear »

+1
johnbowen

Post by johnbowen »

flippineck wrote:Come on, 'bite the bullit' and let your loyal customers know whats going on before all your development work goes to waste.
Are you saying that no one will be buying XITE when it's released, whenever that happens?
-jb
dante

Post by dante »

I'm skeptical SC XITE strategy would change due to demand or comments on this site. Whatever the problems are I'm fairly sure it wouldn't be demand. Technical or financial problems yes. In which case they are better left to it - a watched pot never boils.

Mind you I too still watch here from temptation of seeing some XITE news, but I'm also still discovering ways of getting better sound and mixes from my current gear ( 12 DSP and numerous outboard gear ).

8 - 10 years ago I bought 90% of all my studio gear and since then the other 10% just a few plugs and minor outboard / upgrades. However, all this gear has so much sonic possibilities it seems like I will never exhaust them even after XITE comes out and I can't afford one for another 5 years after.....
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

The last email I got from Ralf he stated "5.0 would be available shortly after Easterdays. How many days are there in Easter?
Joel
flippineck

Post by flippineck »

Are you saying that no one will be buying XITE when it's released, whenever that happens?
-jb

My comments are more aimed at financial stability and confidence in product rather than saying no one will buy xite. 'no one' is such an absolute term, i'm sure the demand for the product will be there, just maybe not at the levels of an 'excited' market of two years ago, more at the levels of a depressed market with a declining 'loyal' customer base...

All speculation and i'm sure someone in SC is worrying about financial stability whilst others are worrying about technical stabilit. just wondering if anyone is worrying about the customers, hence the call for an urgent update.

just my thoughts...
JIRI

Post by JIRI »

+1

" DECLINING LOYAL CUSTOMER BASE "

THIS GUY JUST HIT THE SPOT
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Welcome to PlanetZ flippeneck. :)
Attachments
patience_is_a_virtue.jpg
patience_is_a_virtue.jpg (65.28 KiB) Viewed 4891 times
garyb

Post by garyb »

wah wah wah.

very, very soon.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

:D :lol: :wink:
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
dawman

Post by dawman »

Until then use these great tools like these FAT BASTARDS I just got in the mail.
Soniccore has a reputation to keep by consistently being late to the party.
The upside is that they also have a reputation as releasing top shelf bugless products.
I prefer the latter so I can wait.

Besides, can you or any other developer make seperate oscillators glides on a synth for me......Hmmmm........I see.

I am making exact replicas of the Oberheim OBX-a using QWave as we speak. Because of a single Project card in this DAW, I can only do the top half, but can hold down some bass notes. The only sad thing is that those notes trigger the seperate Osc. glide trick w/ less control, but still, should I go buy weak VSTi's just so I can say I have something new.............NOT.
quackwezzzzzz.JPG

untitled.JPG

JBowen.......QWave is a FAT SON OF A BITCH....

And welcome to our forum, sorry but we are freaks here. So there Ya' go.
Last edited by dawman on Fri May 08, 2009 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

Nice ELP there :D
i think it was from "trilogy"
(yes i know it was adapted, but yours is closer to theirs)
dawman

Post by dawman »

Thanks Brosky,

Actually it is Aaron Copelands " Hoedown " which I always have to play when the JoeBobs come in for the NFR and other Rodeo events.
ELP did a nice rendition though no doubt.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Good job Keith...

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Well.....'SOON' has arrived - finally...!!!

Greg
johnbowen

Post by johnbowen »

Flippineck,
You see that the release was within 2 weeks of your posting. I couldn't say anything, and I know it's very frustrating for the public, but.....anyway, now we shall see if the delay proves to be detrimental.
dante

Post by dante »

The ONLY way I think delay would be detramental is if it allowed a competitor to come up with something that - well - competes !!!

At this stage, I cant see anything on the horizon that actually could compete with XITE....even if its delayed another year or so.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Well....there's always the V-Machine.
http://www.smproaudio.com/produkte/v-ma ... chine.html

:roll: :o :lol:

Greg
Warp69

Post by Warp69 »

johnbowen

Post by johnbowen »

For those who feel the XITE is priced too high, please note that the ULN-8 is $5995.00. I'm sure that SC could add the extra connections and functions of the ULN-8, with a similar price.