SpaceF MultiSynth WS4-MKII

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

SpaceF MultiSynth WS4-MKII

Post by dawman »

Here's another synth that is powerful and Multitimbral.
There are several versions, but I like the 4 Part version, and use 3 Channels of MIDI.
Anyone who is getting XITE-1 will eventually realize that this beast is a must have.
What makes this monster so cool is I can use Adern's Flexor RDII Modules, JBowens RDII Modules and last but not least SpaceF's Satellites, which are extreme.

The Filters and Oscillators from SpaceF are top shelf.
I happen to like the multi waveform ones shown below.
Most Oscillators have 1 or 2 waveforms and specialize in a certain sound structure, but these are insanely obese.
MetaOsc's are 5 x Waldorf wavetables in 1 Oscillator.......... :o
Enough said, here's a taste of a 3 part MultiSynth preset where I push Bass and play chords.
Using a dual instance of MoBass gets things really FAT in the low end, and the top is just sick with LFO modulations and waveforms curling up and down.
MultiSynth.mp3
Satellites.JPG
ScofieldKid

Re: SpaceF MultiSynth WS4-MKII

Post by ScofieldKid »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:MetaOsc's are 5 x Waldorf wavetables in 1 Oscillator.......... :o
Er uh, but it looks like you can't traverse those particular wavetables via modulation, correct?

I think Solaris and QWave have spoiled me... :(
spacef

Post by spacef »

Hi Jimmy,
I like your mp3 but I think you could use the filters on the pads to make them more mystical (for the moment they are metallic and quite disturbing....the bass is cool)

Try this for an example in Volcano (dual) with dual MoBAS and chords:
Some mp3==> http://www.spacef-devices.com/mp3s/00-M ... olcano.mp3
Volcano (WS2) allows 2 voices on the bass and 6 for the pad on a scope.
Last edited by spacef on Tue May 05, 2009 4:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
spacef

Post by spacef »

here is the preset for the mp3 in the above post....

... and for other examples of multisynth presets, with MoBAS (single) and use of filters on stereo setups, with 1 voice for the bass, and 3 or 4 voices on the 3 other synths,
check the audio player and go in the multisynth section
Attachments
WS2-V-All Parameters (combi).zip
can be imported in all MultiSynths
(23.04 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
Last edited by spacef on Tue May 05, 2009 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
spacef

Post by spacef »

ScofieldKid wrote:
XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:MetaOsc's are 5 x Waldorf wavetables in 1 Oscillator.......... :o
Er uh, but it looks like you can't traverse those particular wavetables via modulation, correct
I think Solaris and QWave have spoiled me... :(
You can send 1 mixed modulation signal: 1 modulation signal is made of - generally - 2 raw modulations in the MultiSynths unless you use the Modulation Adders, then it can be up to 5 modulations mixed in one, per synth (for stereo synths, one generally uses 2 synths, which allows more complex sounds). So it is 1 modulation signal made of up to 5 raw modulations. But as the Waldorf oscillators are not inside the synths, you can't use 2 seperate final modulations for the moment... in the same time, the Waldorf osc doesn't have multiple dests, so it doesn't really matter. For seperate modulation to the various osc of a MetaOsc, then it is better to divide and use several insert slots and send the modulations from there, and that can be made easily.
Also, MultiSynth is not one big synth, but a synth made of several synths that you can layer or seperate according to the needs.