Use Audio - Plugiator announcement

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

ray.useaudio

Use Audio - Plugiator announcement

Post by ray.useaudio »

Hi Everyone,

This is Ray from Use Audio and I would like to take the opportunity to provide you with some information about the current developments and updates on the Plugiator.

1) ARP - Revamped modulation, sync and small emulation nuances have been made more accurate. This takes care of the sync/ring mod issues on the Prodyssey plug-in
2) Completely new sound design
3) Fmagia and Drums'n'bass - two completely new synthesizers, never available on previous Creamware / SC platforms
4) Plugin Manager is now available for both Mac (Tiger and Leopard) and PC

Under development: A VSTi plug-in GUI interface (only control, no audio) for the Plugiator

Please check out the new Plugiator demo video and a few sound demos on http://www.use-audio.com/plugiator.htm
Also we are currently running a promotional offer on the Plugiator this December – more details on the above link

I’d be happy to provide further clarifications / information upon request.

Kind regards,

Ray Mehta
Use Audio Inc.
erminardi

Re: Use Audio - Plugiator announcement

Post by erminardi »

[quote="ray.useaudio"]
1) ARP - Revamped modulation, sync and small emulation nuances have been made more accurate. This takes care of the sync/ring mod issues on the Prodyssey plug-in
2) Completely new sound design
3) Fmagia and Drums'n'bass - two completely new synthesizers, never available on previous Creamware / SC platforms
4) Plugin Manager is now available for both Mac (Tiger and Leopard) and PC
5)Under development: A VSTi plug-in GUI interface (only control, no audio) for the Plugiator
quote]

1) cool, this is what we demand since years from CW/SC!!! I hope then also the same correction for Scope plugins...
Pay attention, please, at 2 voices option that emulate exactly the real ARP Odyssey. The actual plugin features only one voice (monphonic) or full voices (polyphonic), it lacks the original 2 voice like Odyssey.

2) can you explain better this point? thanks :) It's for all plugins? What's new?

3) Sincerely I like a lot the Drum&Bass plugin, it rocks!!! Fmagia is a sort of interface revised and enhanced FM4 from Scope plugin, Drum&Bass seems a (cool) sample based fat drum (it seems different from ESDi16) plus a bass synth section like Inferno from Scope. It's a very good plug for live duty 8)
Do you can put the option of polyphony for the bass section? Actually is only limiterd to monophonic.

4) in some windows PC the actual plugin manager version has a bug, actually I must intall in my WinXP computer the old 1.0 version... I hope that will be fixed soon ;)

5) very very cool! It's via USB linked? This is a beautiful and fundamental new feature!!! :D

Thanks!
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Glad to see this.
Erminardi said everything that was on my mind already.
Thanks for having a downloadable ZIP file.
FMagia sounds nice.
Drum and Bass sounds O.K. but a little late.
LBHVIII from SpaceF is a huge leap ahead of the EDS and Plugiator stuff.
D & B should have been made a year ago, but for 50 bucks it'll do in a pinch.

Now that I see some developement, I will be watching this closer.
ray.useaudio

Post by ray.useaudio »

[quote="erminardi"]
1) cool, this is what we demand since years from CW/SC!!! I hope then also the same correction for Scope plugins...
Pay attention, please, at 2 voices option that emulate exactly the real ARP Odyssey. The actual plugin features only one voice (monphonic) or full voices (polyphonic), it lacks the original 2 voice like Odyssey.

2) can you explain better this point? thanks :) It's for all plugins? What's new?

3) Sincerely I like a lot the Drum&Bass plugin, it rocks!!! Fmagia is a sort of interface revised and enhanced FM4 from Scope plugin, Drum&Bass seems a (cool) sample based fat drum (it seems different from ESDi16) plus a bass synth section like Inferno from Scope. It's a very good plug for live duty 8)
Do you can put the option of polyphony for the bass section? Actually is only limiterd to monophonic.

4) in some windows PC the actual plugin manager version has a bug, actually I must intall in my WinXP computer the old 1.0 version... I hope that will be fixed soon ;)

5) very very cool! It's via USB linked? This is a beautiful and fundamental new feature!!!
quote]

Hello,

1) The Arp does not have a duophonic mode, you are right. we will make this avaiable on the next upgrade

2) All of the synthesizers have new presets, small sound adjustments and fixes.

3) FMagia is indeed a 4 op synthesizer but it is not derived from any old synthesizer of Creamware, it has a new architecture and a character of its own and also the Drum n Bass plug-in is not derived from EDS at all.

4) Please specify what bug it is so we can fix it asap

5) indeed!

We are always eager to hear your comments about our products, so we can improve them. Please keep em coming

Kind regards,

Ray Mehta
Use Audio Inc.
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

ray.useaudio wrote:
erminardi wrote: 4) Please specify what bug it is so we can fix it asap
I really don't know wich bug is it, all I know is that if I install the current version, I cannot load the plugin manager!
I must install the old 1.0 version that works.
Anyway your customer care already knows this rare but diffuse problem (not only on my WinXP PC)!
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

I had the same issue on my Win XP PCs but solved it with the v1.0 trick mentionned by Eminardi.

Any other new plug-in in project ?

CheerZ
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

ray.useaudio wrote:Hi Everyone,
Also we are currently running a promotional offer on the Plugiator this December – more details on the above link
Use Audio Inc.
What is this special offer ? Do not find it anywhere...

CheerZ
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

HUROLURA wrote:
ray.useaudio wrote:Hi Everyone,
Use Audio Inc.

CheerZ
All the 4 addon plugins bundle for 99$ instead the normal price of 149$:

"You own a Plugiator or the Plugiator ASX already? Then now is the time to upgrade your Plugiator with the Plug-In Bundle (Prodyssey, Pro-12, FMagia, Drums'n'Bass) at the Winter Special price of 99 USD (instead of 149 USD). This offer is available only during December in our Online Store which you can access through your Plug-In Manager Software (Sound Server, log in to My Page). "
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Euro to dollar conversion rate drop of last few month just limit this bargain effect.
It sets the price down to the one found in most shops at the beginning of this year for us Euro users. :wink:
I saw the bundle sold by severall european shops for 79 € until this summer...

Still a bargain price for the set of plugins sold anyway.

I just wish a multitimbral update would come sooner or later to take advantage of these plugs ...

CheerZ
ray.useaudio

Post by ray.useaudio »

[quote: HUROLURA]

CheerZ
quote]

Hello,

Please visit http://www.use-audio.com/plugiator.htm for details on the special and contact your local dealer for the price on the fully loaded "Winter Special" Plugiator .

Kind regards,

Ray Mehta
Use Audio Inc.
ray.useaudio

Post by ray.useaudio »

[quote: erminardi]

I really don't know which bug is it, all I know is that if I install the current version, I cannot load the plugin manager!
I must install the old 1.0 version that works.
Anyway your customer care already knows this rare but diffuse problem (not only on my WinXP PC)!

quote]

Hi,

I just checked with our support team and found out that there were infact a few cases where users could not get V1.01 to install. We will be announcing V1.1 shortly that will fix this issue.
The one thing that you are missing in V1.00 (which is available in V1.01) is that you will not be able to see the blue VU meters on the Drums'n'Bass UI.
Please stay tuned, we'll have an update for you shortly.

Kind regards,
Ray Mehta
Use Audio Inc.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

ray.useaudio wrote:
1) The Arp does not have a duophonic mode, you are right. we will make this avaiable on the next upgrade

Might be worth getting Plugiator just for that alone.

btw have you figured out how to use quotes yet ray?
ray.useaudio

Post by ray.useaudio »

Mr Arkadin wrote: btw have you figured out how to use quotes yet ray?
Yes i have :)
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

stardust wrote:Nice to see that plugiator is taking up speed. Not only classic plugs but new own developments.

I assume that these plugs are not running on scope or Xite, do they ?
I think they never will. The more those two companies differentiate their products from now on, the better for everybody, them and us. On the separateness of the two companies there is no doubt.
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

Are you really sure about that?!

What about new the next S|C architecture? Will Use Audio be in retreat or are they planning to adapt new hardware and software in relation to the gap that is imminent?
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

iSiStOy wrote:Are you really sure about that?!

What about new the next S|C architecture? Will Use Audio be in retreat or are they planning to adapt new hardware and software in relation to the gap that is imminent?
Apart the fact that I don't have a crystal ball, it has been previously stated that those 2 companies are not related and if you have followed the events you would have perceived how improbable is that they could ever have a collaboration. While S|C kept the Scope line and is continuing with Xite to provide a product that is basically an audiocard like the Scope cards, Use|Audio released the Plugiator for now, which is a performance tool. What will they do in the future I don't know, but I'm sure they will keep targeting different needs, as logical.
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

You probably right Stardust.
But Use Audio might follow the change.
It depends for sure of a lot of things, like those Alfonso stated (the fact they have a Live orientation and are not axed on porting a complete environment like the Scope for instance...).
Are they strong enough to ensure their past investments? Meaning for sure I don't know which commercial agreement they'll have to go through in order to even being able to exploit the new architecture, without speaking about producing new chip-based interfaces.
toni

Post by toni »

Well, UA and SC are rivals. So I wouldn´t count on any cross licensing.

I have got something else on my mind. I own the ASX stuffed into a CME UF50. This should be a nice synthesizer, but there are several drawbacks, that could be improved especially by a software update. So this kinda goes to ray. However it would be interesting, if others agree.

First thing is that the ASX does not tell you what Plug-In is loaded or which preset is current. So that really outrules the whole thing for live matters. I will only use it live, when I am sure that I only use one plug-in. I imagine, that the manager software could easily be changed, so that it always displays the plug-in and the preset.
Right now, when you change the plug-in by sending a programm change with the keyboard, the manager software does not follow. Also, if you change preset via keyboard, the manager software does not display the name. If the software would do these things, I would take my notebook computer on stage, just to display the ASX´s status and for additional control purposes - I know, that is not how it was meant to be, but on the other hand it still would be a cool solution. Because I would both have the luxury of a computer and the sturdiness of a hardware synth.

The next thing is, that I would like to have those preset buttons that the "boxed" PLUGIATOR features. If those could be implemented for program change messages #110 to #127 (which are not used so far) that would be really cool. I mean I would program plug-in/preset combinations with the manager software and then load them up to the ASX, so that I can recall them during my live performance by sending program changes. Is that possible? Would be really really nice. Even more so because I cannot see which plug-in/preset is loaded into the ASX, as I said above.

My third wish is, that I could save presets without the need of a computer. This also is one thing you can do using the preset buttons of the "boxed" version. When I start playing and modifying a preset using the many controllers of the CME UF50 I sometimes get to a point where I wish I could save the sound, without the need of connecting the ASX to a computer.

Besides the things mentioned above it really is a cool machine and it totaly rocks to use the many controllers of the UF50 to dive into the sound... :)

So that´s all for now.
Best wishes!
dawman

Post by dawman »

Toni you would be a great diplomat. :wink:

I would have worded it much differently.
Do you plan on using the wireless MIDI features?
If so, you should check out the MIDI Solutions F8.
You will be able to use 2 x Expression Pedals, and 6 x Footswitches w/o having them connected.
This would turn you into a wireless warrior.

I have been watching these offerings from China lately as they have lots of potential for us live guys.
I haven't seen a preset name for years except on my analog synth.
I use 2 x KS88's and like you take advantage of the live controls via MIDI CC's.
I have a total of 44 switches for preset changes, but the KS88 is a cheap peice of crap, but they function well for a controller that can do sampled Romplers and synths, as well as drawbars for tonewhell organs, and mixing/monitoring a live group.

http://www.midisolutions.com/prodf8.htm

I use the F8 to change my note on/off keyswitches for Romplers.
The thought of wasting an entire good left hand for hitting keyswitches and PBend/MWheel stuff has never appealed to me. The F8 will allow PBend w/ an expression pedal which is way more accurate, and the footswitches can be a rotary emulation speed switch, note on/off, whatever you want.
But if you sequence the controls it's uneeded.
meyersaxel

Post by meyersaxel »

Hello everyone,

I just placed a question in the other plugiator-thread. Maybe it's better to place it here in this thread too. I hope you don't mind my double-posting:

-----------------------

Hello to all plugiator-users,

Maybe this would be a nice question for an own thread but at first I want to try it in this plugiator-related setting.

I have a question according to the Plugiator-Program-change from external MIDI-Gear.

I still play everything alive. So I use a midipatchbay to switch all the synthesizers that I play - a MIDITEMP MP-88-W and for a tile-related setup it takes only one switch to all instruments.

The Plugiator does not accept programchanges containing LSB/ MSB. I’ve understood that the Plugiator accepts two programchange-numbers that have to be sent serially. The Patchbay is not able to send two different Programchanges in one setup. So I hope that it is possible to switch the plugiator-plugins by normal program-change and a Sys-Ex-String. The Usermanual does not tell anything about Sys-Ex-Strings. So I hope that anyone here in the forum knows a Sys-Ex-message that might contain the second program-change.

regards

Axel