Version 3.0 - what's in store ?

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Spirit

Post by Spirit »

I keep hearing about version 3.0 and how wonderful life is going to be, but does anyone know:
1) When it will be released
2) What's going to be in it
3) Will it be a free update

From the CW forum seems like there'll be a sampler included, but that's about all I can gather. Will it be reworked for extra DSP conservation? Will there be new devices? Will the interface change?

Does anyone know? Wild rumours OK.
marcuspocus

Post by marcuspocus »

All I know for sure, is that it's free.

When? who know! Not even creamware! :grin:

What will be in it?

Ingo talked about a 64 chanels Asio2, a new mixer and a sampler...

That's all I know

Post by subhuman »

Perhaps 64 channels of ASIO at once? :grin: Ingo hinted at that this morning.
Mo

Post by Mo »

it would be really nice if creamware lowers the dsp need of some devices, but far better it would be (imho) if they were able to reduce the (native) system performance loss the pulsar x86 software causes... it eats nearly a third of my good ol´ pentium 2, ran together with logic. not much processing power left for the one or another nice reverb.

Mo
<font face="courier"><i>native wishes...</i></font><br><font face="verdana" color="orange">da <font size="+1">peppi connection!</font> <b><i>music</i> and <i>video</i></b> feeds at <font size="+1"><a href="http://www.peppisworld.de">www.peppisworld.de</a>
Stubbe

Post by Stubbe »

I also remember reading somewhere about a new reverb being added to ver. 3.0, and a easy guess might be that the next W2K/XP driver version (drumroll...) might be out too?

The DSPmatrix synth (winner of the ModularII contest earlier this year) might also be up for ver. 3.0, eventhough this has not been discussed or promised, but it makes sense to "bundle" it.

Some of the effects (and synths) might have been reworked along the lines of the christmas effect bundle (design and sound) ?

I wonder if this version will be ready for other OS's, like Apple OS X, BeOS or others ?

It's sooooo exciting, is September a good guess these days ??

Just my wild guesses for all it's worth, go read a disclaimer somewhere :smile:

Cheers
Stubbe
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

BeOS is dead =(
Mo

Post by Mo »

but i would not kill all hope for BeIA, subhuman.
as palm is very established, it´s a possibility for the Be technology to survive (at least the best properties of it).

btw, did you get my mail?
<font face="courier"><i>native wishes...</i></font><br><font face="verdana" color="orange">da <font size="+1">peppi connection!</font> <b><i>music</i> and <i>video</i></b> feeds at <font size="+1"><a href="http://www.peppisworld.de">www.peppisworld.de</a>
Stubbe

Post by Stubbe »

A sad demise, but as Mo says, the Palm may carry it on in some way.
My only concern is that a Palm will probably have to take some heavy tweakin' before it will comply as a DAW :wink:

Lookin' forward to see that at infinitevortex !

Cheers
Stubbe
Mo

Post by Mo »

On 2001-08-23 10:37, Stubbe wrote:
My only concern is that a Palm will probably have to take some heavy tweakin' before it will comply as a DAW :wink:
:lol: yeah, hard to imagine <i>now</i>, but think about the situation in a few years...
a small PDA with DirectCortexJack :grin: and more power than our desktops ever had... i think i´ll get myself a infra-/ultrasonic-expansion for my ears then... :grin: )

i´m so curios about future technologies... so i won´t give up the Be tech... BeIA was the main reason for palm, i´d guess.

hey, have fun today
Mo
QA

Post by QA »

Hi there,

I had a mail from creamware the other day, and they said that they hoped to release the 3.0 update somewhere in autumn.
Stubbe

Post by Stubbe »

Well, I guess "autumn" could be defined as the months of August, September and October, I'll settle for september, dunno if my curiosity and patience (in the positive sense) will take much more than that :wink:

Cheers
Stubbe
Mo

Post by Mo »

i´m also a bit curios, but... (don´t hit me, impatient folks :grin:
JoeKa

Post by JoeKa »

I heard news about the V3 just today, saying it´s NOT going to be a free update this time. It will include the Scope SP mixer (if I got that right...), it will feature a complete Finalizer Tool including Multiband Compressor/EQing, several new plug ins, and last but not least optimized routines that save a lot of DSP-power in comparison to the actual version.

I hope, the rumors I heard are right, but they were spread by a beta-tester, so I guess they are...
It´s coming to the stores in september.
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

The Software version 3.0 is supposed to be free, at least this is what Ingo/Creamware has already said. Perhaps the plugins will cost extra still, but will finally become available in the shop (ScopeMixer)
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

HERE'S THE LATEST FROM INGO (REPLYING TO A COMMENT THAT CW DON'T CARE WHAT USERS THINK)

>Creamware choose to ignore there users requests and just get on
>with stuff in there own way..

Nonsense, just the contrary. We know that we depend on our loyal users, so we listen to wishes, suggestions and problem reports.

We just added upgrade paths to the different STS samplers and found a way to solve the problem with plug-in keys when changing the board or selling a plug-in. These were two things that our users requested frequently.

With Pulsar v3.0 we also tried to implement as much user wishes as possible. Unfortunately it will not be possible to implement everything we originally planned for 3.0 until the planned release date (which is not too far away anymore). But v3.0 will be a very powerfull version with new features amd new devices, and some more goodies which are already in work will probably follow within the next updates.

I am reluctant to tell what will be included in 3.0. This is mainly because things are always changing until release date. Besides, the decision which devices will be included for free and which are optional (we have an extraordinary amount of great new devices this time) is usually one of the last steps.

Here are some little but nice features we are *testing* at the moment (that is all I can say):
switching ADAT to optical S/P-DIF
digital AC3 out via S/P-DIF
new ASIO modules (with up to 64 channels)

Ingo,
CreamWare
Air_PoLLo

Post by Air_PoLLo »

Interesting :smile:

I'm now wondering about MacOS X drivers, now that emagic will be releasing Logic audio 5 for OS X. Most MIDI interfaces have already drivers for OS X.

If someone talks to them, please ask for OS X support even if you happen to be PC user :wink: thanks.

Oh, I almost forgot. Will it behave like the XTC? THAT would rock, but then again, CW would compete with itself...

Over and out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Air_PoLLo on 2001-08-29 07:29 ]</font>
Ben Walker

Post by Ben Walker »

I think that the XTC software will be shipped with v3.0 , so Pulsar users will be able to choose whether they use the project window as before or work in XTC mode.
Obviously in XTC mode you lose the flexibility of the project window, but at leat the choice is yours.
The inclusion of XTC with v3 was announced some time ago on Pulsar-Scope, but don't quote me on that :smile:
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

DSPDEV posted something on Pulsar-SCOPE today:
<i>
From: "Choukroun Nicolas" <nicolas@choukroun.com> Save Address
To: <pulsar-scope@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 04:24:03 +0200
Reply-To: pulsar-scope@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [pulsar-scope] Future releases at Creamware, good news are coming?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good news from my "Crystal Ball" at Creamware....

- Prisma : a new Synth, matrix like (not the movie).
- new mixers (based on the Scope DP), great look, really! they will replace the dynamixer and the basic Pulsar Mixer.
- new Synth : Lightwave...not so much info about it.

But the most interesting thing is SPEED. The interface is faster, the vu-meters are very fast as well. I suppose they have programmed in C/C++ some critical part that were coded in Script before. Wow

It sounds like the version 3 will be compatible with both the old plugz and the new one (that are using a new format. Encrypted hehe). Thanks, it will not be a nightmare.

Does anyone at Creamware could give us more info about what my Crystal Ball told me? Specially about the Lightware? It is real?

Maybe in public beta soon?

Nikko

</i>
Stubbe

Post by Stubbe »

Well, isn't that beautiful... Here we get some badly needed enlightenment, and then even more puzzles and new words to trouble our brains even further with. Back where we started :wink:

BTW; could Prisma be the DSPmatrix in it's new clothes ?

Thanks anyway :smile:

Cheers
Stubbe

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Stubbe on 2001-08-30 10:14 ]</font>
DivarU

Post by DivarU »

Well, it would be nice if Creamware had some time counter on their website.
Like "5 days, 3 hrs, 10 min and 35 secs until D-Day"