modular II compatibility

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

bosone

Post by bosone »

is modular 2 compatible with modules made with modular 1?
thanks
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

you mean if you can use mod1 modules in mod2....
yes, i tried, it works.
cheers, alfonso.
samplaire

Post by samplaire »

And what about M1 patches: can they be opened with M2? Or they will open in M1 mode even if it doesn't exist in the system?
bosone

Post by bosone »

i meant open mod1 patches in mod2...
Ben Walker

Post by Ben Walker »

On 2001-08-04 17:54, samplaire wrote:
And what about M1 patches: can they be opened with M2? Or they will open in M1 mode even if it doesn't exist in the system?
To try and clear up all these questions:

Modular 1 modules can be opened within the Modular 2 shell.
Modular 2 modules can be opened within the Modular 1 shell (but you have to have a registered copy of MII for this.)

Modular 1 patches can be opened in a Pulsar project, even if you don't have Modular 1 installed - the modules are stored with the Modular patch, so the modules don't need to be available elsewhere.

Modular 2 patches can only be opened on a system where the Modular II is registered.

You can download all the Modular 1 modules from the
<a href="http://members.nbci.com/pulsarians/" target="_blank">Pulsarians</a> page.

Hope that helps,
Ben

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ben Walker on 2001-08-08 00:18 ]</font>
samplaire

Post by samplaire »

Thanks for the explanation but... Sorry, I didn't find M1 modules under the link you suggested (there was only 'So far there's very little content here, only this Akai sample program...'), though you can find the complete M1 on the http://www.infinitevortex.com page, in the articles, software articles area - by the way - I couldn't find any Waldorf M1 module in this install (I know they are because you can find them in some patches), does anybody know where to find them separately?
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

I have the Waldorf oscillators for Mod1, I'll add them to Infinite Vortex this evening, I didn't put them up just in-case there were any problems, but I got the nod from Creamware that it was okay.

The Mod1 can also be downloaded from <a href=http://faq.infinitevortex.com>faq.infinitevortex.com</a>, just look at the very bottom.
samplaire

Post by samplaire »

Thanks!!!!!!!!!
Ben Walker

Post by Ben Walker »

Firstly, I edited my post (above) 'cos I tested it last night and you CAN open Modular 2 modules in the Modular 1 skin. Worked fine with the ones I tried.

Secondly, I just retried that link and all the Modular modules are there, but if you can get them from Infinite Vortex too, then it doesn't matter either way.

Ben
samplaire

Post by samplaire »

Hello,

Thank you for your effort. Yes, you can find the installs at both sites now (thanks once more) but I asked about Waldorf oscilators I found in some M1 patches - there are no in the above installers (and in the Pulsar 1.32 or so installer): can you find them anywhere separately? And about M2 modules opened in M2 skin: you can't do it if you have no registration for M2.
By the way: I found something curious digging in my Pulsar folder: deep inside one folder (don't remember exactly where but probably app/application) a strange TEMP folder (right after installing Pulsar soft, before installing any adds (.oxe files)) with full Modular II install!!! (without any activation key) - what for? Why so deep? Why without any explanation??? :wink:
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

Now you can find the Waldorf oscillators at <a href=http://faq.infinitevortex.com>faq.infinitevortex.com</a> near the bottom.

Cheers
Ben Walker

Post by Ben Walker »

By the way: I found something curious digging in my Pulsar folder: deep inside one folder (don't remember exactly where but probably app/application) a strange TEMP folder (right after installing Pulsar soft, before installing any adds (.oxe files)) with full Modular II install!!! (without any activation key) - what for? Why so deep? Why without any explanation??? :wink:
They're there so that if and when you buy the Modular II you don't have to do a big download, but can just run the little downloadable *.oxe which just registers the modules and moves them into the 'right' location. You won't be able to use any of those modules until you've paid for the M2 :sad:
Stubbe

Post by Stubbe »

yeah, I can verify that: bought the M2 in the online shop, dlw'ed the .oxe file which was suspiciously small for such a big device.

Right after activation, my harddisk went off-scale soundig like a mechanical freakshow for a minute or two, and I remember thinking that either I just had an heavy-duty upgrade of the connection to my ISP, or they were all there in the first place.

Whether you find this a good idea depends on whether you had to download pulsar ver. 2.0 on a slow modem and whether you actually bought M2 and in that way got to use your dw-time.

BTW, very nice device, and so versatile that I sometimes end up being a bit scared, as I am no way near to having learned what each module is best for, not to mention how to put together something useable.

This happens more in a happy accident sort of way :wink:

Just my 0.000002 $
Cheers
Stubbe
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

ModV2 is just soooo good. I keep wanting to buy a good plug-in synth or two, but when I listen to the demos of other synths I just think "well, the ModV2 can do all that...." so I move on to the next one.