Prodyssey Editor + Mac Pro + Leopard 10.5.2

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

andyr1960

Prodyssey Editor + Mac Pro + Leopard 10.5.2

Post by andyr1960 »

Oh dear... I finally caved in and dusted down my Prodyssey a few days ago (it's been stuck in my wardrobe for the past 6 months or so - replaced by a Nord G2, and recently an Alesis Ion, which by the way is stunningly good).

The first thing I tried to do was to download the User Bank, but the Preset Manager on the ASB Editor refuses to download anything... all I get is a rather terse message "Specify a target file!"

I realise that this is a problem with running the application on Leopard, as it seems to work fine on my friends iMac (still running Tiger 10.4.10)

I have informed Sonic Core, but somehow I doubt if I'll get a reply : (

I'll carry on using the Prodyssey for the time being, but my patients is running short, not only for a DSP fix (Sync/Ring Mod) but now this.
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

Hi Andy,

I emailed sonic core last week in regards to the sync/ring mod problems. Ralf was ging to speak to the development team and get back to me,

I will let you know how it goes.

So is the Ion better than the G2 for Analogue? How has your Analogure re-creation of the 2600 going?

Bone
andyr1960

Post by andyr1960 »

Hey, long time no hear...

The Ion is great for immediate programming, and probably the best VA synth I've owned (8 voices isn't enough though, hence the additional Micron) , but the G2 still has a place in my rack for those really wacky patches :)

The "2600" is all but finished, just a few cosmetic things to finish off.

Here's hoping Sonic Core continue support for the ASB's, and continue to add to the line up (a dual Oberheim SEM would be nice!)
Attachments
Prodyssey rescued from the wardrobe! Modular almost completed, now with 4 VCO's and 3 EG's.
Prodyssey rescued from the wardrobe! Modular almost completed, now with 4 VCO's and 3 EG's.
30.03.08-2.jpg (262.53 KiB) Viewed 3450 times
gregae

Post by gregae »

Andy,

Your '2600' sure is pretty! How did you get the panel legends to look like that?

Agree with your comment about the Ion. Too bad Alesis didn't pursue it further - an upscale Ion in a larger cabinet with more voices, a larger kybd (76 notes) and a tilted display (for improved viewing) would be the bomb.

- Greg
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

andy,
what would one have to pay to you for building a second 2600 arp clone?

I listened to your samples on your site months ago and I loved its sound. :)

would be interested eventually somewhere in the future.....(not now, maybe in a year or so, so, eventually.... :P )
andyr1960

Post by andyr1960 »

I don't want to hi-jack my own thread, but...

The panels are Dye-Sublimated - You print the design back to front using dye-sub ink cartridges (on an Epson D88 inkjet) and transfer the print via a heat press at 200 C onto a polyester coated aluminium panel. It's an easy process but the panels are highly glossy (fingerprints beware!) and prone to scratching :(

Would I build another?... I have to be honest and say no. It's way too much work, and I'm already having problems with VCO3 - a dry solder joint somewhere - all hell breaks loose occasionally, and I have to give it a good thump to calm things down!

If I sold these commercially, I'd probably spend the rest of my days repairing them :lol:
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

okay, I see.... :D :lol:
but really nice work you did.