Saturn Challenge!!!

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Frontline Studio

Post by Frontline Studio »

Hi all,

I´ve uploaded an excerpt of JM Jarre´s Chronologie 1 wherein the lead voice originates from the Jupiter 8, according to well informed sources.
Since I´m pretty desperate and some of you like a challenge, can anybody make a good resemblance of that voice on the Saturn?

the file is available on http://home.wanadoo.nl/j.vanderstap/Sat ... llenge.mp3

Happy hunting!
CU,

John.
Frontline Studio

oops...

http://home.wanadoo.nl/j.vanderstap/Sat ... llenge.mp3

One capital mistake :grin:

It´s on 22.5 khz alas...

CYA!
CU,

John.
Frontline Studio

I'm *very* carefully inquiring if anyone has listened to the MP3 and has any comments to make on the leadsynth voice on the piece.

Let's make the challenge a little more interesting: a (LEGAL) CD music of your choice for the one that can deliver me the 95% correct patch on one of the regular Pulsar synths or the JD-800!

Anyone? :smile:
CU,

John.
Peezahj

Post by Peezahj »

Now you've got me going, I'll have a Jupiter-8 modular patch together for you just as soon as I can figure out how how to do keyboard scaling for pitch. The thing is that the key to what you're looking for isn't in the actual synth being used, all those sounds are being heavily processed with delay & chorus & that's what makes them sound so big.
Frontline Studio

I know that the sound is heavly processed :JMJ used at least a Stereo Enhancer, Chorus, Delay and Reverb). Besides that, the sound of both the lead and bass strings (one and the same patch) is *so* chloresotrol-rising fat :lol:
I've got the complete score of the song and I'd like to recreate the song myself (for several reasons), along with some help of a good soundprogrammer :smile:

Thanx fer trying!
jupiter8

Post by jupiter8 »

Are you sure it is the same patch on the bass str. as the lead ?
I tried to recreate the sound and the closer i got on the bass sound the further away i got on the lead sound sound.
At least i tried, maybe i'll give it another shot soon.
Frontline Studio

Hi!

Yes, I'm positive about the bass strings being the same as the lead... But watch it! The bass is doubled in the second part of the intro! That fattens the sound as well...

Thanx for trying!
CU,

John.