WANTED A BCR2000-like MRC

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

breitner

WANTED A BCR2000-like MRC

Post by breitner »

Perhaps not possible, but clearly at the top of my wish list:

a Modular remote control modelled like a BCR 2000. If any of the SDK elite would be able to make this.....
MichaelNatalie

Post by MichaelNatalie »

This digital birthplace is an article from modem user news, published by worldwide videotex on january 1, 2000. All lucre chapters are thoroughly updated. Some say that all you have to do ipartypoker net love your job in microbe to be successful at it. The length poker rooms the literal is 427 words.

The entanglement of the article is 7577 words. It features, among other things: galleries of fathoms and shoulder moldings for identification purposes. A panel on administrative reform in mansion forms a unique contribution.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

edit::- nice spam. It's been here for days.

breitner, such a device would be possible.
Last edited by Shroomz~> on Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

?
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Hifi, I was merely trying to point out the spam post that's been here for days.

& days... :D
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

:D
HUROLURA

Re: WANTED A BCR2000-like MRC

Post by HUROLURA »

breitner wrote:Perhaps not possible, but clearly at the top of my wish list:

a Modular remote control modelled like a BCR 2000. If any of the SDK elite would be able to make this.....
I am trying to work on a BCR 2000 organized device these days. Could maybe do something for you as soon as I understand:
- what you exactly want (I think I guessed but have to spend some time to check exactly how modular work...)
- how this SDK tool exactly works because I am a SDK Rookie (I only have it for 2-3weeks and just started to play around with it).

I will keep you informed but this would probably take me some time as I wish to achieve another project of mine with the SDK first (I just think I could use some of the stuff I am working on to achieve something for you).

CheerZ
Chisel

Post by Chisel »

I think this is a great idea. Personally, I've been toying around the idea of using a 3rd-party synth designer (ie SynthMaker) to create my own custom controllers for Modular since I don't have the SDK. Here' a link to a VSTi synth that is modeled after the EC-33 controller. Simply brilliant!

Scroll down the page to Hahaha CS33 Evolution Edition:
http://www.pethu.se/music/instruments.html

Peace \/
chisel316
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

not a bad idea, you mean some sort of bíg sized mod module with many different control outputs that could be routed like any other mod module to cutoff modulation and other stuff.

that would be also a very nice workaround to switch inbetween some of these connections smoothing mod modules, so you don`t hear the 127 steps when controlling with cc midi signals.
We`ve talked about that already and that would be some kind of workaound.

This feature could also be integrated for the important controllers with an on/off switch into the mod module so that the patch still looks clean without many value and smoothing modules.
:)

I think John Bowen has some knowledge how to build biger than standard sized mod modules, maybe shroomz and sharc too.

such a routing device should be pretty simple to build internally concerning the sdk.

the coolest feature would be some kind of MRC replasement.

A load button to load a bmp file as background while the size of the modmodule automatically resizes to the bmp file. and moveable knobs and sliders that can be fixed via a "fix knob". Maybe a knob and slider and swiztch library that can extended with own designs.

That for sure would be pretty complex device. haha :D

But then the modular could be some kind of small replacemend for SDK tasks.

As anybody could even design their own synth layouts or other stuff in modular. And the modular would get more useable, as you could more quickly understand others designs. :o
Chisel

Post by Chisel »

hifiboom wrote:A load button to load a bmp file as background while the size of the modmodule automatically resizes to the bmp file. and moveable knobs and sliders that can be fixed via a "fix knob". Maybe a knob and slider and swiztch library that can extended with own designs.
Now you're talkin'!! I'm drooling over the thought of this.
petehalo

Post by petehalo »

Talking about control. How about using the cheap wireless Wiimote controller to send midi commands to control scope devices? It's pretty easy to set up if someone's interested.
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

About the Wii remote control, how do you imagine to interface it with a PC and use it as a MIDI source: any idea ?

I know some software that allows you to change a gamer joystick into a MIDI control source...
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

lol thats funny. :lol:
I guess its not velocity responsive,.

think of a band playing without instruments. :D
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

And I just noticed from a quick search that there are already some preliminary software and script to let us us a Wii Remote in MIDI system.

I will prospect a bit further ...

I had some project about using a gamer joystick as a MIDI control element for Scope but maybe I would move to the use of this device.

I am really confident about the acceleration Wii chip from analog device the 3-axis accelerometer ADXL330 as I personnaly worked 8 years ago with one of the early device from them: the ADXL202 which was only two axis but was already a great stuff.

So the story goes on: I set up a project to design my own MIDI controller when the Berhinger BCR-2000 was releashed and offered me a cheap and time saving solution.

These days, I was thinking about a MIDI-joystick simulation based on my old ADXL202 chip and this topic just make me realize there was a much easier way.

I'll see what of my project would become true and easier next...

The good thing is this save me some time to concentrate on Scope device design...

CheerZ
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Let me know if you need the BCR-style pots to match the BCR-style surrounds I made a while back, I've got them right here.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

In fact, I'll send them to you !!
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

"shroomz II"
whats this?
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Someone took my name by the looks of it. :(

I changed my name to R.I.P. because that was going to be a brand name for our devices. Sharc & I then decided we didn't like the R.I.P. idea & that we could decide on something better, but when I've tried to change my forum username back to Shroomz it tells me that the name is already taken. :lol:
hubird

Post by hubird »

Shroomz II wrote: when I've tried to change my forum username back to Shroomz it tells me that the name is already taken. :lol:
:lol:
you seem to have a complicated relationship with choosing a nick on Planetz :lol: :-D
;-)