Noah lost all Activation Keys

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

stefanh

Post by stefanh »

Hi,
yesterday i turned Noah EX on (standallone, without my PC) and it told me, when i wanted to change a preset or another instrument, that the activation-string is needed. No sound at all! Also all Multi-Presets was gone.
Bad thing, which hopefully never happens on a gig.
Because it was late, i left noah as it was and will look today how it is with a PC connected. I guess everything will be fine then, maybe i have to transfer the devices / presets again (by the way, no demo was available). Strange was also, that i couldn't switch betwenn internal and external stuff ( CF-Card ).

Only thing what i had done, was mounting Noah into a new rack..., befor everything was ok.
R.D. Olivaw

Post by R.D. Olivaw »

wow

it looks like you lost your RAM (/programmable ROM?). Did you lose your uploads (except activations keys) too, like the eds8i ?

Once an engineer told me you can have ground transmission through the rack. This engineer use to rack analog and digital devices separately... I don't know how much this can be true/false, but I don't see any other cause to your problem, as you did just rack your Noah.
Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

man, i feel for you. Had the same problem last week and well i can't tell for sure what solved it. the remote software was installed on a laptop as well as on my main computer; it wouldn't work with the laptop because it was from there that the os was flashed with option complete, a procedure that erases the activation keys..

then only the minimax and the lightwave would work after pushing the exit button upon receiving the error message about the activation keys.

then i plugged it back on the main computer and all of sudden everything worked again, go figure
arela

Post by arela »

hmmmmm!
stefanh

Post by stefanh »

Hi again!
It looks like that i solved the key problem.!!
I just loaded up the scopy.rgy inside the remote sw. There was indeed no key inside, except the prodessey. After all this problem is solved, i can switch thru the devices without any "key"-message.
But!
Maybe i should open another topic for that. No sound is comming out any more. Honestly. I don't have any idea what happened, maybe i should try to explain what i tried allready.
Small problem is, that i rebuild my studio a bit at the moment, so not everything is connected and i do not have a midikeyboard by the hand. What i try was:
i start my pc, start noah, start the remote software. Noah is connected, i can change devices and presets via soft and hardware. the connection light is on!So i started Cubase SX, create a midipart and and send some notes via Noah-Midi-USB to Noah. The USB-light at Noah HW is flashing, but no sound output at the Headphones, also no responce at the noah-mixer! So i also tried vie a normal midi connection, mmmhmm, with the same result.
Next i loaded directly at the Noah some of the DEMOS. the demos load, but when i push play >>> nothing (headphone).
By the way, there is headphone volume dialer. You should hear some presetexamples when you push it. Also no sound out of the headphoneplug (yes, i tested my headphone, it works on other devices). I don't remeber correctly, is this dialer also endless at yours noah's? Mine is.
This is realy a shame, now i get totally stuck in rebuilding my studio because of this NOAH!
Yes, i should try the other outputs too, but nothing else is conected yet, and maybe i have to sent my device to creamware (if they can repair if possible), but the most strange thing for me is, that the mixer is not responding (NOAH-SW).
To sad that the Beta-Tester-Webpage is not up any more, there was a lot good and helpfull informations online, but it's gone.
Is someone out there which remeber the resetswitch for Noah and bootload? I know there is one, but i forgot it....????
Each hint is welcome....
Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

goodluck is all i can tell you

oh and power and utility buttons pressed at the same time will give you the option of unregistering the plugs or do some low level formatting of some sort. then every plugs is going to ask for its key, just press exit when it does and try that for all main synths... then shut down every thing, disconnect it and uninstall/reinstall the remote software. might work :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: legros on 2004-11-16 03:49 ]</font>
stefanh

Post by stefanh »

Don't laugh, i have to stay :cool:
This is truly a sinn, such a great synth is driving me crazy. But i will try to stay :cool:
MAybe i try what you recommended me, honestly, it is not so bad. Something like this never ever happened to me befor, and i am creamware user since the first moment, gat an PC with three Pulsarcards and this NOAH, which i tested hardly during the betaphase....
Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

i know what you mean.. been a long time user too

so fantastic of a product but enough buggy to scare the unpatient ones :wink:

the first thing i'd try though is to start with the uninstall/reinstall thing

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: legros on 2004-11-15 17:12 ]</font>
stefanh

Post by stefanh »

Thanks a lot for your patient.
I will try..., tomorrow, another day, it is late over here, got to go to do some jobs in a couple of hours, so...
I will let you know what happens.
Cheers,
Stefan
Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

eh sorry about that but the info was in the support db instead of the faq... so here is the procedure:

Noah and Noah Remote Software ask for activation keys (Device not registered message)

In case Noah has been flashed wíth the 'complete Update OS' option or with OS Release version 1.0 the activation keys of Noah get lost.

First of all send an email with the Noah hardware serial number and a short description with your problem to noahsupport@creamware.de. We will get back to you with a file called 'scope.rgy' then. This is mentioned later in the text. To activate the keys again you should proceed exactly as described in the following, it looks complicated but when you follow the instructions Noah should work fine after that.

- make sure that the latest Noah Remote Software is installed. Therefore you need to have the driver installed also. If you haven't installed the driver and software already please do the following:

- turn on Noah in recovery mode by holding the 'Utility' button when you press the 'Power' button, keep the Utility button pressed until you see the message 'Noah recovery mode ...' on the display

- then the hardware assistent should come up which searches for the driver files, you will find them in the NoahDriverUSB path, simply install the driver as described in the Readme file on the CD.

- then install the software as described in the readme as well

- turn off Noah

- copy the file 'scope.rgy' that to your ..NoahAppBin folder and overwrite any existing 'scope.rgy'

- turn on Noah in recovery mode by holding the 'Utility' button when you press the 'Power' button, keep the Utility button pressed until you see the message 'Noah recovery mode ...' on the display (we assume the drivers are already installed so that you see the online status LED lighting up in the Noah Remote software when you start it ->)

- start Noah Remote software

- go to 'Set-> Settings-> Update' (if the 'Available Updates' window is empty or not to be seen then close the 'Settings' window and open it again)

- Highlight 'Release 1.x.x' (we mean the latest OS version here appearing in the 'Avaliable Updates' window)

- open the 'Advanced' Options and click on 'Complete'

- please follow the instructions given in the appearing message boxes and watch what happens in the Noah Live Bar, there will be a message coming: "Firmware has been successfully updated. Please press OK after restart of Noah to proceed" Now DON'T CLICK OK but turn Noah off (push the Power button twice in case it doesn't turn off immediately), wait 5 seconds and when you switch on the box again hold the "system" key on the Noah box down. (you may see the message 'Loading Performance ... failed" now, don't worry and proceed -> ) Click 'OK' in the dialog window after Noah has started up and follow the instructions (formating takes place maybe). You will see no activity on the Noah display, don't worry, this is ok, watch how the files get created in the 'Settings' window instead!

- After the successful firmware update (wait for message) turn off Noah and close the software, turn on Noah again after 5 seconds and start the software.

- Now load a device in Noah Remote, make sure the device loads in the software until you can move around the device surface window, you will see a message on Noah display: "Device ' ' is not registered! Please enter activation key", then press the EXIT button on Noah's front panel! Proceed like this for every other device (Load, EXIT, next device). The AutoWah effect in the Mixer asks for a keys as well! It is possible that the 'device not registered' message comes up later again for single devices, just press EXIT, try some other device and restart Noah until it doesn't appear any more. This may happen a few times, sorry. Sooner or later all keys get registered.

Never try to update to Release version 1.0 but follow the instructions for OS updates in the latest Readme file.

(c) 2000 - 2003 CreamWare GmbH
All trademarks are courtesy of their respective owners.
stefanh

Post by stefanh »

Thank you very much.
I will try later, and i will uninstall everything befor and start from scratch.
If this not help, i will contact creamware today (after work)
Thanks again.
Stefan