Is it the End of Creamware?

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Nikko

Post by Nikko »

Here is something that has been posted in a mailing list, translated by google in English. Any more info or details?

According to the German insolvency PAGE: district court Bonn, file reference: 99 IN 190/03 In the insolvency
procedure over the fortune in the trade register of the district court
victory castle under HRB 3632 registered CreamWare data processing
technology GmbH, William Oswald STR. 0/K1, 53721 victory castle,
represent franc Hendrick dog and Wolfgang Edmund wolf Roth by the
managing directors Line of business: Development and sales of hard and
software to 08.12.2003 with court the announcement of the insolvency
manager was received that mass inadequacy is present (§ § 208 to 210
InsO). 99 IN 190/03 District court Bonn, 09.12.2003 "

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nicolas Choukroun on 2003-12-23 05:21 ]</font>
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

Let's just hope their synths will become open source and someone can port them to DXi/VST/AU. :sad: MiniMax can't leave the world!!

Shayne
Melodious Synth Radio
http://www.melodious-synth.com

Melodious synth music by Binary Sea
http://www.binary-sea.com
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

Dudes...

If u read the news dated 22-08-03 ( http://www.creamware.de/en/home/news/22_08_03.asp ) u would be less concerned.

now chill.
sinix

Post by sinix »

Honestly, if Creamware went out of business tommorrow, the first thing I'd do is scramble to buy a PowerPulsar and somehow get my keys transferred. I intend to use this platform as long as humanly possible!!

(unless Creamware comes out with a better one)

:grin:
coc999

Post by coc999 »

i go to read the link and retain that :
extract of the creamware.de page (i hope no prob with the copyright )
"The company is now very likely to generate positive business results in the future."

A well know financial reality .
What to say ? i hope that some guyz was not ejected and if it is what happened i would like to thanks these people to have allowed me to produce some music :smile:
performance .............................:smile:
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

It doesn't matter what they said in August. That was months ago and things have changed. Apparently they *didn't* produce positive business results.

CW's only hope is to get bought, like Steinberg, and continue doing business. Perhaps Noah sales will continue to increase if they get funded.

Shayne
Melodious Synth Radio

decimator

Post by decimator »

I may be thick as a brick ... or not fluent in german ... :wink:

But it seems to me that it's just a report that says : still in the red ... nothing more

No ?
John Cooper

Post by John Cooper »

Right, this is nothing new. The date there appears to be 9/12/2003.

Incidentally, Nikko, what mailing list would be posting this kind of detailed information? Let's just hope someone isn't violating their NDA.

No point in speculation- wait for an announcement from Creamware.

-John

p.s. amusing how google translated Frank's last name :smile:
astroman

Post by astroman »

your're certainly right with that assumption, but that's perfectly OK.
If you file for that chapter your balance must be deeeep red and it is almost impossible to come out with an even balance in 4 month.
A company like CW with so much R+D cannot generate that cashflow within such a short time.

The statement referred to is absolutely common (I read exactly the same words constantly in local news).
It just says there's not enough 'substance' to immediately pay all debts.
It does not yet say to close down and sell out, in fact it means there isn't anything to sell out.

For credit givers it means they loose their money on closedown.
If a promising businessplan can be set up, those might get their money back - it all depends on confidence in the company.
Some banks or suppliers may prefer to loose what they invested, if they have to invest too much in future to get the company profitable again.

A friend of mine with a 30% share in a (basically) healthy company is just going through this situation. His company cannot pay it's depts anymore because customers not paying their bills due to own bancrupty.
That's called a follow-up bancrupty.

The other shareholders prefer not to invest anymore and he alone cannot take over the shares (and depts), so he looses too.

let's just hope the best, Tom
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

It is a difficult market, and unfortunately, people using Creamware bords, I mean most of them, are not proffesionals and so, have not enough money to be buying all their fantastic plugins, which many of us would, if we could.

I don't think Creamware is goning down, just like that... I just hope they don't change their mind about quality and high end performance, facing up problems, to sell more, for less.
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
R-type

Post by R-type »

The fact that Creamware continues to release high quality new products seems to indicate a strong committmant to trading it's way out of trouble.

I think companies like Creamware will always struggle during economic downturns. Even when the economy is bad people have to buy food, power etc But what they can cut back on is extras like upgrading their audio production hardware/software.

I'm not really that worried.
valis

Post by valis »

One thing that has occured often here on the West coast (USA) recently...when a company makes it through bankruptcy & downsizing it often comes out far stronger as a result (refocusing on core values & commitments, cutting the fat etc).

Let's hope...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: valis on 2003-12-23 20:58 ]</font>
interloper

Post by interloper »

On 2003-12-23 17:16, John Cooper wrote:
Incidentally, Nikko, what mailing list would be posting this kind of detailed information? Let's just hope someone isn't violating their NDA.

No point in speculation- wait for an announcement from Creamware.

-John

This entire thread just proves that negativity is contagious. Same over on Yahoo groups. Plenty of people speculating with insufficient information.

Like John said, let's wait on some official info and stop spreading negative hype. :roll:
dehuszar

Post by dehuszar »

Umm.... people?

I know that we're all very anxious about the future of CW, but I think this is all becoming very counter-productive.

I think our global economy is bad enough that just about every player is hurting. The amount of buyouts this year has extended beyond all 8 fingers and both thumbs, and at this point, people are going to start lowering themselves to dirtier tactics in order to get ahead.

Anyone who has read Sun Tzu's: Art of War can attest that the key to winning a war is to make your opponent internally weak before you attack.

An example of what someone might do to weaken their enemy is, say, release damning information about a particular company that's already outdated by several months but continues to cast doubt in people's mind about it's strength.

Keep in mind that NOAH has been well reviewed and is selling. The money made back from finally getting out the door will not just jump right into the till. There are still operating costs; you know tech-support, R & D, marketing, etc. who are working around the clock to keep the good times rolling.

Every dollar that comes in is going either to staff or creditors. If CW could afford to shut it's doors for several months and just rake in sales while incurring no costs, it might be close to being out of the red; that's all speculation mind you, I haven't the slightest idea of the actual numbers.

But seeing as how it still has to operate while it bails the water out, it'll take a bit more time, and a lot more faith from it's (potential) customer base.

I don't suggest that we play see-no-evil or anything, but this kind of fear-mongering among our own is actually quite harmful to the platform.

As CW tries to cast NOAH off into larger segments of the market stream, a lot of new users will (and have by the dozens) start poking around the Z to get info and such.

Certainly no one is going to feel confident about a purchase if we're all freaking out over news that's 'already been put to rest.'

In fact, if it begins to recirculate, it will only add weight to those who are already pointing their fingers and calling our platform dead.

We've got tremendous new products coming out from 3rd parties, and CW alike. Though there were differences in opinion on how certain features should be handled, Prodessey has been hailed as a good thing, and I've read several posts of people upgrading their systems and buying plugs. Almost all of them have had positive experiences.

We've even seen folks who hadn't touched their cards in years out of previous frustration only to be amazed at where the platform has gone in their absence. And they're now engaging the community with far greater confidence than when they first made their investment. And I think that alone is enough to calm our fears that CW is in danger of becoming irrelevant.

So I think we should drop this topic as we won't have an answer one way or the other until CW either calls to us for help, announces a buyout, or announces their return to the black.

Of course, if anyone from CW would like to address the resurgence of concern, I'm sure it would be well received.

Sam
garyb

Post by garyb »

period.
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

Once I found out that the document was from September, I stopped freaking out. It's old news, and they can be in a completely different situation now. I'm going to relax and enjoy Christmas and MiniMax! :wink:

Shayne
Melodious Synth Radio

kimgr

Post by kimgr »

Since I'm doing business directly with Creamware, I also get informed directly by the lawyer (administrator) handling the insolvency proceeding.
The last letter I got in september simply stated that nothing had changed regarding the status of the proceedings.
I have recieved no new information since then that could indicate a change...

I am however as worried about the future of Creamware as many of you guys are.

Kim.