SCOPE 5.1

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

braincell

Re: SCOPE 5.1

Post by braincell »

Obviously that was posted by someone who was emotionally stunted in the 7th grade.
Last edited by braincell on Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

braincell wrote:Well the main thing you are missing is that if you are using Windows 7 64 bit, you won't be able to use Scope. That is more than a major flaw and they have had literally years to address this. It's good that they are finally releasing it but was my priority and it should have been a simple driver patch update a long time ago.

I wonder how many people looked at the Xite but didn't buy it because it wasn't 64 bit compatible. You know that people who fork over that kind of money have the best computers. That is just common sense... Duh!
garyb wrote:wow, truth is never a requisite is it?

here's some cheese for the whine...

they do what I want. Scope plays EXTREMELY well with other apps. 64bit IS coming, and no one denies that it's important since the industry is going that way. the lack of 64bit is no impediment to good production, however.
FYI... Scope DOES run on W7 64-bit on Xite, and SC is finalizing drivers for the PCI cards.
Nevertheless you'd rather abide by statements based on heresay.

Since V5 is effectively still in beta, then SOME of us have opted to take this as an opportunity to check functionality in newer systems while the rest sit back and point fingers because they feel left out of the party.

'Walled garden' is not an effective precept of the current status.

Brain, please read (or re-read) the 64-bit CPU vs. 64-bit OS vs. 64-bit application article posted on UAD site and give yourself a real education. Be thankful you're not a developer.
Then ask RME what their 64-bit status is and how recently their drivers were W7 compatible. Then ask M-Audio how well their 64-bit drivers are working.

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
braincell

Post by braincell »

I don't use XTC because it never worked well.
Last edited by braincell on Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
braincell

Post by braincell »

Good luck with your life.
Last edited by braincell on Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
garyb

Post by garyb »

the highborn are the most inbred. how does that fit with your philosophy?

i like the way Scope works. is that ok?
those of us who have been in real studios and worked on real projects know that the claims of "too much time" are poppycock.

i don't mind you liking whatever you like, but why must the thing i like fit your parameters?

why are you just being a troll again?
dawman

Post by dawman »

You assumed I am grown up.
I am handicapped by immaturity.
I am satisfied with my life so I can be what I want.
You are handicapped by misery.

Inbreeding requires sex, which you obviously will never enjoy.
But here in Nevada prostitution is legal.
Even a snivelling bone rack such as yourself could have sex, but one look at you and the Gals would price you out.
But not far from Vegas are some Male prostitution houses, I am sure you could get a gig there playing the soundtrack from Brokeback Mountain or some Jim Nabors military Hymns.

I'm well connected, let me know if I can be some assistance.
CroNiX

Post by CroNiX »

So when are the damn 128 bit drivers gonna be released? Bastards!!! 64bit is soooo yesterday.
David

Post by David »

That's the perspective CroNIX, with 64bit almost here and the topic on it's necessity running dry so many times we do need a new point of focus and this is just the ticket.
Keep up the good work and have a splendid day.
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

KAGEMAND!!
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

braincell wrote:You might have noticed that real time is the only way to bounce scope to a sequencer. That is bothersome. You add it up with a lot of tracks and that takes a huge amount of time. I was told that it is impossible to use Xite without the SFP.

Why are card holders second class citizens? I noticed they are still selling cards so this is not a discontinued product. The drivers should at least be in beta by now. You compared Scope to other cards but they do have 64 bit drivers so that just proves how backwards this company is.

Your argument is like that of Steve Jobs saying he doesn't want USB on the iPad. Simpler isn't better just because it has a smoother surface.
Then get a host that does real quick track-freeze, real-time freeze, or direct bounce. I do it all the time.
Scope is for throughput, not bouncing. Stop trying to squeeze it into becoming another Cubase. It's not the same thing.

Greg
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

braincell wrote:The founding fathers were correct when including the right to bear arms because they foresaw that we would always be a totally ignorant, inbred, hillbilly nation of morons; especially in the southern and western states.

What grown man would call himself Jimmy? Are you Jimmy Bob Boy?
You need to make up your mind if you support the founding fathers and right to bear arms vs. your other troll-posts about disarming and nullifying the Constitution.
You're hijacking the post again.

G
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

braincell wrote:You might have noticed that real time is the only way to bounce scope to a sequencer. That is bothersome. You add it up with a lot of tracks and that takes a huge amount of time. I was told that it is impossible to use Xite without the SFP.

Why are card holders second class citizens? I noticed they are still selling cards so this is not a discontinued product. The drivers should at least be in beta by now. You compared Scope to other cards but they do have 64 bit drivers so that just proves how backwards this company is.

Your argument is like that of Steve Jobs saying he doesn't want USB on the iPad. Simpler isn't better just because it has a smoother surface.
If you had the latest Scope 5 (rather than complain about being supposedly ignored), then you'd have VSTim/XTC mode for PCI.
I don't use it, since I prefer using Scope like a real studio rather than just another fuggin' host/sequencer.

By the way, where have you been? Since when does ANY Scope hardware work without SFP? Why do you BOTHER even using the hardware if you don't know what it is?

Stop trying to nullify Xite or Scope advancement just because you haven't upgraded yet, and stop using 64-bit as an excuse not to use the hardware. You're only ripping yourself off.

Greg
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

CroNiX wrote:So when are the damn 128 bit drivers gonna be released? Bastards!!! 64bit is soooo yesterday.
:lol: Might as well start the whining now...

I'll wait another 5 years before I EVER do any music production/writing/synthesizing/modularizing/mixing/mastering again.

Hafrrrrrummmmpppahphphphp

G
sonicstrav

Post by sonicstrav »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote: Even a snivelling bone rack such as yourself could have sex, but one look at you and the Gals would price you out.
Accurate description of a troll :lol:
Attachments
troll.0.jpg
troll.0.jpg (12.55 KiB) Viewed 3399 times
maky325

Post by maky325 »

siriusbliss wrote:

If you had the latest Scope 5 (rather than complain about being supposedly ignored), then you'd have VSTim/XTC mode for PCI.
I don't use it, since I prefer using Scope like a real studio rather than just another fuggin' host/sequencer.

By the way, where have you been? Since when does ANY Scope hardware work without SFP? Why do you BOTHER even using the hardware if you don't know what it is?

Stop trying to nullify Xite or Scope advancement just because you haven't upgraded yet, and stop using 64-bit as an excuse not to use the hardware. You're only ripping yourself off.

Greg
Please note that XTC/VSTim is NOT working well with Scope 5 and multicore CPU and it did not worked with v4.5 either. I've reported that to SC and Holger confirmed. There are other weird bugs also confirmed such as not saved/recalled settings in some plugins etc. You can find in Z archive. Supposedly this will be fixed in new release. I hope so.
David

Post by David »

Error/mistakes and general improvements to Scope can only be expected to be noticed and corrected if they are reported to S|C.
I guess to this there are other possible remits but I would gather the former to be the case.
braincell

Post by braincell »

mpodrug wrote: Please note that XTC/VSTim is NOT working well with Scope 5 and multicore CPU and it did not worked with v4.5 either. I've reported that to SC and Holger confirmed. There are other weird bugs also confirmed such as not saved/recalled settings in some plugins etc. You can find in Z archive. Supposedly this will be fixed in new release. I hope so.
I find that reporting bugs goes right to the delete bin. They are too busy with developing the next greatest thing and too understaffed to worry about anything that went on previously even if it is for a product that they are still selling such as the cards which makes them qualify as a current product. There should be an "as is" disclaimer on all of them. The philosophy with this company and with many of the customers is "Why fix something that is absolutely perfect the way it is?"

Greg, I do have a current card because it is identical to one offered on their website. It's a current card which isn't supported unless I buy more software or another identical card to the one I already own and I would be purchasing a lot of duplicate and even triplicate software.

FREE DRIVER UPDATES SHOULD BE OFFERED FOR ALL CURRENT CARDS. PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY CARD BEING SOLD NOW IS A CURRENT CARD. 64 BIT BETA PATCH NOW!
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

braincell wrote:FREE DRIVER UPDATES SHOULD BE OFFERED FOR ALL CURRENT CARDS. PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY CARD BEING SOLD NOW IS A CURRENT CARD. 64 BIT BETA PATCH NOW!
and what are you exactly going to do about it if they are not offered for free? apart from ranting, I mean?

they did not, and they won't do, so there's no point in demanding it any further. the 4.0 software line is a discontinued product, and the upgrade is not free.
just because one would be able to use the new software with the hardware he or she owns it is still a new product, which is given away for free at the purchase of a brand new piece of hardware.
the difference between cw/sc cards and other products is that you need more than a driver to just run it. if it would work like just another soundcard a free driver update would be the least we could expect, but since it is not like that (and you know that it is not like that) it ain't gonna happen.
like it or not.
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
astroman

Post by astroman »

of course they could provide the 'driver' free of charge... no problem.
But it wouldn't run with version 4.x software :P
Software version 5 is a new package, that may contain some familiar stuff, but updated internally.
Which is NOT THE SAME even if it LOOKS identical.
They added some reverb/delay stuff that's audibly in the top range - the 198 Euro are a bargain imho.
I hope that they made an arrangement with Warp that pays off at least a little for his efforts.
It's dudes like him that make the platform what it is, totally unpretentious high quality stuff.
If you're not willing to support this, you just s*ck.
On any other platform (native or DSP) they'd charge 3 times the amount of the Scope 5 update for just these plugs.

cheers, Tom