SFP and AMD X2 ?

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

Vasfed

Post by Vasfed »

I've just got my pulsar working with Pentium D 3.2 on Asus P5WD2 without any affinity tricks.

Solution: install SFP 4 and then "update" pulsar driver to the version supplied with 3.1b
(saying 'yes' to questins about newer files)
no more crashes :smile:
hubird

Post by hubird »

genious :grin:
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

I never got hold of 3.1b, and why would that work better than the 3.1c/4.0 drivers? Weren't there bugfixes with 3.1c?
Melodious Synth Radio
http://www.melodious-synth.com

Melodious synth music by Binary Sea
http://www.binary-sea.com
Vasfed

Post by Vasfed »

On 2005-12-12 14:52, Shayne White wrote:
I never got hold of 3.1b, and why would that work better than the 3.1c/4.0 drivers? Weren't there bugfixes with 3.1c?
yes, there were some, and because of this there are bugs with multiprocessing :grin:

in fact now i dont care of these bugfixes 'cause everything works fine since yesterday :smile:
jea

Post by jea »

Hi!

Vasfed, this sounds interesting.

Shayne, have you tried it?
eh, you're right, :-) I am a luna(t)ech!
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

I have the 3.1a drivers, and for some reason they're exactly the same date and number as the 3.1c drivers. Haven't tried them with dual-core, but why would they be any different?

Shayne
Melodious Synth Radio

jea

Post by jea »

Hi Shayne, Vasfed wrote:
On 2005-12-12 22:32, Vasfed wrote:
On 2005-12-12 14:52, Shayne White wrote:
yes, there were some, and because of this there are bugs with multiprocessing :grin:

in fact now i dont care of these bugfixes 'cause everything works fine since yesterday :smile:

So I suppose they are different.

But I don't know.
Vasfed

Post by Vasfed »

Here is the driver which i've installed:
http://vasfed.proc.ru/temp/cw/ScopeDriver.rar
(my sys is WinXP Pro SP2 + SFP4.0)
jea

Post by jea »

Thanks ....

I think I will let it have a try later this week or next.

Vasfed, is there any other installation details that might got your system going?
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

Installed it and played with it. No crashing for at least a half-an-hour, I'll play with it more later tonight. :grin:

Update: Couldn't get it to crash all night. I don't know why these 3.1b drivers have exactly the same date as the 3.1c/4.0 drivers, but they work!! Yahoo!!

Only hiccup is that I'm still having bad audio performance if I have lots of Scope devices loaded -- ticks and pops (I think STS especially trips it up). Scope/Sonar priorities and CPU affinity tricks didn't help. If I flip Windows into single-core mode via the /onecpu option in boot.ini, it works great. That's easy enough to do, so I can use single-core or dual-core mode depending on what projects I'm using.

So -- um, CreamWare, don't you think you should ditch the 3.1c drivers and switch back to the 3.1b drivers? They're working far better for all of us. :roll:

Thank you so much Vasfed!! You're brilliant!! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Shayne

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shayne White on 2005-12-19 23:35 ]</font>
Vasfed

Post by Vasfed »

On 2005-12-19 18:41, Shayne White wrote:
Thank you so much Vasfed!! You're brilliant!! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
You're welcome :grin:
jea

Post by jea »

Shayne,

this sounds promising.

Have you tried the drivers in XTC mode?
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

No, I don't use XTC.

Another update: Yep, it's the STS that's causing my ASIO ticks and pops. If I remove the STS out of one of my heavy projects, suddenly it clears up. I'm only having the problem when I'm in dual-core mode.

Unfortunately, I use STS almost exclusively for my sampling...not good....

Yet another update: No, I'm still testing other projects, and I'm getting some ticks and pops in dual-core even when there's not an STS loaded...that's the last straw. I'm going back to single-core once and for all, unless anyone has any other suggestions. :sad:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shayne White on 2005-12-20 22:06 ]</font>
Vasfed

Post by Vasfed »

On 2005-12-20 16:59, Shayne White wrote:
my ASIO ticks and pops.
have you tried increasing asio latency? (sfp->settings->ulli)
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

If I can play a project at 2.9ms without any problems with single-core (via /onecpu in boot.ini), and I get ticks and pops with dual-core, then, uh...it's single-core for me.

I'm just glad nothing's crashing anymore -- I can still use dual-core for other purposes when I need a fast CPU. :smile:

Shayne
Melodious Synth Radio

bronYaur

Post by bronYaur »

I think thats problem of instbility and crash with dualcpu/dualcore/HT they derive from the actual WDM driver for scope.it has need update to work correctly with new dualcpu/dualcore/ht system,not think to be hardware problem bat driver ottimization problem,it must be rewritten for new funtionality of new processor to my modest seeming,i hope creamware works seriously to fix this problem
I work with old 2.8 p4 RAMBUSS nortwood on 850 and 3 scope card nothing problems

Sorry for my bad english
Bast regards

Daniel italy

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bronYaur on 2005-12-25 08:59 ]</font>
Vasfed

Post by Vasfed »

On 2005-12-25 08:48, bronYaur wrote:
I think thats problem of instbility and crash with dualcpu/dualcore/HT they derive from the actual WDM driver for scope.it has need update to work correctly with new dualcpu/dualcore/ht system,not think to be hardware problem bat driver ottimization problem,it must be rewritten for new funtionality of new processor to my modest seeming,i hope creamware works seriously to fix this problem
I work with old 2.8 p4 RAMBUSS nortwood on 850 and 3 scope card nothing problems

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bronYaur on 2005-12-25 08:59 ]</font>
see solution above :wink:

PS. i know that reading of thread's 5 pages is boring when you're going to answer to first pos, but...
bronYaur

Post by bronYaur »

Sorry,one question for MD69:
I don't have very understood what is your actual system,sorry i don't underrstood very well english,you work on pentim4 D??
Whit 3 cards? 2xpowerpulsar and 1x scopeSRB??
Im interessing system with p4D
Thanks in advance for your eventualy reply

(just wakeup) :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bronYaur on 2005-12-28 16:34 ]</font>
MD69

Post by MD69 »

Hi BronYaur,

I currently have: an ASUS P4CE With PIV 3.2 Northwood and 2Gb of RAM. I have 2XPowerPulsar (15 DSP version) and 1x SRB (7DSP version) With Synchplate working in XTC mode at 128 samples latency.
I am looking for upgrading my system as I don't have enought polyphony for Halion (I need about 30% increase). My dilemna is that currently, I can expect this only from the Athlon X2 4800, and I am not sure that it will work with my config. I don't want current intel dual core technology for power consumption reasons (too much heat to be cooled in summer).
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

MD, you're probably best off with the fastest single-core chip you can find, which is still a VERY fast system. OR you can buy the dual-core chip, and if it doesn't work, install the 3.1b drivers (which don't crash) and insert the /onecpu option into boot.ini. :smile: That's wasted money, though. :sad:
Melodious Synth Radio