Uhe diva

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

HUROLURA

Re: Uhe diva

Post by HUROLURA »

I found back the video where he is talking about finding partners (check at 1:08):

http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2012/03/ ... from-u-he/
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

The demos sound good. I'm still not convinced that it takes so much emulating the individual chips and cpu power to just get these sorts of sounds out of a synth.. I mean, a mediocre synth with great post effects can get you pretty far. But anyway, the end result in the demos do sound nice. I like how the reverb sounds. Seems the UI is laid out nice too.

Me personally, I like trying to coax a cool sound out of a half decent synth that's not all that.. There's a certain amount of joy in overcoming a device's shortcomings and creating something interesting. But that's more of a hobby, and I'm not picky about my synths anyway other than that I prefer easy to understand routing and structure.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

kensuguro wrote: I like how the reverb sounds.
Yes, indeed, this is what impressed me the most, the FX and particularly the reverb, it's heavenly silky and beautiful.
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

After some comparisons I still prefer D.Cam synth squad to Diva, talking about native domain.
Anyway we are still talking of 2 high class beasts.
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

erminardi wrote:After some comparisons I still prefer D.Cam synth squad to Diva, talking about native domain.
Anyway we are still talking of 2 high class beasts.
But in terms of FXs, what's your oppinion?
Marco

Post by Marco »

I want to have a diva too, but Im shure, that my scope needs the diva to mix it down, and add some more different scope synths. I stop saving my money to buy a moog or a alesis andromeda, I buy the diva, and spent the money saved for years now, to go to thailand, sun sex drogs and rockn roll.

you live only once a time! :lol:
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

How can a Diva need a Diva, if you are already one! :wink:
Marco

Post by Marco »

Since I have the DIVA my Moog my Prophet 600 My Roland SH 2000 could burn down, I would still be happy to have a new place for a Sofa,

but I my PC with the DIVA gets lost, I would cry. But If my Scope gets lost I would die or buy a new one. :D
Last edited by Marco on Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
Suzie Cue

Post by Suzie Cue »

Scope is what makes a VST synth nearly as good as a real one, and Scope synths better than a real one.
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

I downloaded the Diva demo. Blown away. I will say this. It sounds a million times better through SCOPE than my MOTU 828 Mk II. I think I'm gonna spring for it because of the presets which are phenomenal. I can see where this will replace most, if not all of my other synth VSTs. It has the real deal sound to my ears and I've owned some of the greats since the 70's including homebrews from the Cooper Union engineering labs.
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

I did it. Just to get rid of the annoying crackle every thirty seconds. Thank G-d my wife doesn't read this forum - for both reasons :roll:
Marco

Post by Marco »

All the Saved calculation Power bei Scope System will bei Saved for Diva on PC, A More Than a Perfect Team!
astroman

Post by astroman »

DIVA is the best test device out there for loading an Intel CPU up to it's limits
as a synth it's pretty boring - it IS precise, tho... but it lacks 'sound' in my ears
(those may not be the best on the planet, but then - they're all I have) :D
check TF7, Nave, and Palm's Wavemapper/Generator on iPad - all 4 are on par with DIVA imho
add the amp sound of BIAS (Positive Grid/iPad) and it's way beyond reach of any of the VST dudes ;)
... and (regarding the latter) out of Scope's capabilities, too
to be honest I never heard a virtual device with such a bandwidth of tone

cheers, Tom
Marco

Post by Marco »

I can not believe what you say :o
astroman

Post by astroman »

well, I totally agree... almost my own words/thoughts when I first digged that BIAS guitar thingy

someone said: it outperforms a POD HD500 ...
me: impossible, that's got a Sharc on board (like the ones in XITE)
(I have Celmo's Bassamp, Adern Mojo, Softube, Scuffham's S-Gear VST... to name the 1st class devices)
it smokes them all...
my comment above was after a long time not updating my iPad
knowing the predecessor of that app which shares the same audio engine - far from being spectacular

then I did the update... and didn't believe my own ears
Positive Grid had made one huge leap in audio processing - similiar as switching from Miniscope to Minimax

that really got me thinking
I'd never expected a relatively low powered device to be capable of such processing quality
you may not be interested in guitar amp simulations, but it's a very demanding task
(way more demanding than most synths)

an iPad with A7 CPU starts at 300 bucks, add 200 for a dock/interface and 100 for apps
while it doesn't give exactly the same sound of Scope (with it's special tiny bit of dirt in the lower mids), it's the same quality level
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW-3mc7vj6g
judge yourself - that's a 20 bucks app recorded with it's own audio tracker... no postprocessing

and if you haven't guessed it - combining it with Scope it the best option of all
this kind of applies to DIVA as well (it's just too clean for my taste), but the latter wants a big CPU

cheers, Tom
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

Well, even if the Diva does sound as good as the Creamware stuff, Creamware was ahead of the game by a number of years.

The guy I sold my Minimax ASB to said it sounds more like a Mini than his Voyager...

-Tom
dawman

Post by dawman »

After years of dissing Native synths I ended up buying Zebra 2 HZ, which is Zebra with the Diva Filters, which are the best thing about that synth.
But very happy with Zebra2 HZ, I can get very close to my SE-1 and SE-1X with thought out programming.
Thanks to Scope Modular Zebra is a breeze.

But Diva is way too clean for an analog emulation, totally agree.
Zebra on the other hand using external hardware FX with grit like the TC Fireworx or DEP-5 is one tough sounding synth, the Diva Filters actually mellow it down a little.

Solaris still rules though, A/B tests aren't even necessary.

Zebra HZ does tax a CPU though. I use 4-8 Oscillators, 4 being FMOs and it goes up to 50% but then those Filters will do it, especially XMF and Diva combinations.
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

I have Solaris 5.0 for Scope. I didn't dive into it too far. The presets that I tried out were very weird sounding lol. I will look at it again when I get my computer fixed up. Right now it's in pieces. Waiting for new motherboard...

-Tom
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

I think the Pro-Wave is amazing sounding though. Very nice synth, but it uses a ton of DSP. Solaris may be a bit too complicated for my needs.

-Tom
jhulk

Post by jhulk »

i actually prefer http://www.lennardigital.com/sylenth1/

uses way less cpu than the diva and through scope sound great
diva as soon as you start stacking the sounds the cpu goes through the roof making it a mono patch

and unlike dsp if you over load you just remove poly but still plays with no glitches

diva if your preset is very complex and stacked it drops out sound and stutters i wish it had a feature like scope telling you that the patch uses to many resources

but must admit most of my favorite plugs are on the ni reaktor

and mach5 3