SCOPE 5.1

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

oxygenial

Re: SCOPE 5.1

Post by oxygenial »

This is getting kind ridiculous now!
I can't really understand how can people defend Creamware / Sonic Core for "lying" to or "deceving" their customers year after year after year!?
I don't wanna be disrespectful in any way since I love the Creamware / Sonic Core way of thinking and sound quality, and yes this is a very niched business, and will possibly never be a huge market. And despite the great hardware used, the software is the key to their success... but if the software is really buggy, or drivers are a pain in the *** regarding what chipset you use, then there is a real problem!

I would rather like that they stood up for themselves and just said "It'll be done when it's done" and things like " In the mean time you best run Creamware / Sonic Core hardware on these platforms / chipsets" and such.
We who are Creamware / Sonic Core fanatics will still be customers anyways, just like a Mac fanatic will remain loyal to Steve Jobs, or a Linux user that will never even look on a Windows based machine.

I really don't care what computerhardware is the best on the market, I just want to go along and create music, and spend as little time as possible on hardware issues (don't we all)!

I don't know how much money I've wasted just to find a working computer with my Creamware card, and many of us don't have a dedicated computer just for our beloved hobby!
At the moment I do, and its a 6 year old AMD64 nVidia NForce3 based computer that just works!
(Had issues with all the Intel/Via/Amd/nForce2 chipset motherboards I tried out at that time.)
Now it's come to the point where I'm about to replace my computer, and just want a solution which works well (no one else is perfect in this business either, I know that).
An Xite-1 is too much money, and I guess I might stick around with my old pci-card, and Scope v5 (yes, I've upgraded since v3).

I don't like when people continuously bash Creamware / Sonic Core for not doing this and that, but I really understand the frustration!

IMO
/Mikael
maky325

Post by maky325 »

Sounddesigner wrote:How do you know Sonic Core did not believe the estimation they gave where right and good? How do you truly know they gave many? Your acting as if they intentionally are lyeing and trying to disappoint wich i believe would'nt be a good thing nor benifit, i don't believe that is the case. I think they actually believe they gave good estimation but surprises may have come, any reasonable person can understand that and not try to make them pay wich is silly.. S|C have a right to look at their work and give estimation of completion, If one estimation is wrong they have a right to give another, there is nothing unethical or immoral about that no matter how you try to twist it. Can you prove Sonic Core is intentionally lyeing and deceiving? It's only been 6 monhs since december estimation i don't believe that is even long enough to be irritated but certainly no true wrong done... We'll need to agree to disagree. but excessive complaints have no justification, even if a company has done wrong complaining excessively on a forum is not healthy, leaving that company alone would be the better answer. Nice try at twisting things but your falsely portraying Sonic Core as having done wrong, and the point remains that excessive complaining has no justification.

There is a old joke that goes: when a patient went to a doctor and put his arm behind his back and said "doctor it hurts when i do this", the doctor said "well don't do that".

Likewise if it bothers someone about Sonic Core's predictions then stop asking for them, reading about them, or leave.

PS. i don't like to argue and this will be my last post on this matter for awhile. We can agree to disagree. I mean no harm to you mpodrug, and best wishes. I'm finished.

EDITED
Calm down i am not acting in any way. Really chill out a bit. I see you are typing so furious and fast and i bet you are red in face. But we are just talking here at forum. Please don't take it so personal. I know you for longer time so i know that you are not SC employee but someone else might just think otherwise(that is supposed to be a joke).

Don't use so harsh words about SC. Nobody said they are deceiving or whatever. My best perception of this problem is that they have best idea and plan but sadly they don't have resources to make it on time. No one ever tried to claim what you say. That is nonsense. Really calm down.

I am not saying anything factual and i can't claim anything for 100%. All i see is what they are doing in public + this forum is periodically filled with annoyed people and their response about this problem. Just use search but i don't believe you don't know for this since you read this forum on daily basis same as me.

Therefore your point is absolutely not valid at least not in this case: "and the point remains that excessive complaining has no justification" - i mean are you really only one not seeing that we talk about "excessive complaining" which is (in fact) generated because of wrong announcements/predictions/non official leaks. Do you realize that there would not be any "excessive complaining" in scenario where SC does not give this kind of information to public (which is what every other company do). Keep in mind that we are still speaking about this: wrong promises. Not anything else.

I really wish that SC just shut up about anything and once when something is ready - only then we are aware of it. Or in case of official announcement some strong and right ETA will be nice.

That is..

Kind regards
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Shit happens in this (and other industries). 6 months is nothing compared to what Intel has to deal with in their development cycles - try two years 'delay' in some cases. Is it chip foundry problem? Materials? Software? Economy?, etc.

It's very hard for small companies to adapt their schedules to accommodate possible issues that cause delays.

I just assume SC said nothing other than 'we're working on it, and when it's right, and stable, and reliable, THEN we'll release it'.

If they don't say anything people complain, and if they DO say something, then people still complain. That's the nature of the business.

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
garyb

Post by garyb »

the only thing i "defend" S|C on is the charge of "lying" and "deceiving".

they ARE slow.

it WILL happen, unless people believe slanderous tales of corporate subterfuge and kill the company. actually, this would be Digidesign's happiest scenario...

at least, if S|C is slow, they still provide the highest quality for the BEST value in the business.
Fluxpod

Post by Fluxpod »

First half of 2010 would be better to display.I dont mind the delay but the 1 month talk isnt helpfull.
dawman

Post by dawman »

I think 2011 has a nice ring to it.

While the democracies of the world crumble and morph into a single Governance, lead by a saviour of all men, I shall gaze down from my mountain top refuge with my Solar generators as I create Modular patches, and eat wild turnips and Elk.
The Body Of Ralf : Verse 7-Chapter 9.
maky325

Post by maky325 »

garyb wrote:the only thing i "defend" S|C on is the charge of "lying" and "deceiving".

they ARE slow.

it WILL happen, unless people believe slanderous tales of corporate subterfuge and kill the company. actually, this would be Digidesign's happiest scenario...

at least, if S|C is slow, they still provide the highest quality for the BEST value in the business.
+1
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:I think 2011 has a nice ring to it.

While the democracies of the world crumble and morph into a single Governance, lead by a saviour of all men, I shall gaze down from my mountain top refuge with my Solar generators as I create Modular patches, and eat wild turnips and Elk.
The Body Of Ralf : Verse 7-Chapter 9.
:wink: :lol: :D :)

Yeah, ya gotta have SOME perspective...

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
David

Post by David »

If the lack of 64bits is really stifling creativity then I await with earnest enthusiasm future Scope productions, I do hope they're posted here.
The thought of the possibilities of 64bit music holds me in awe.
I pray my ears alight as I'm almost certain they shall.
astroman

Post by astroman »

possibilities have never created anything useful on their own ...
it was clear vision and persistance of superior talented individuals (or teams) that brought things ahead :D

cheers, Tom
friflo

Post by friflo »

Well, I find it rather amusing, how much time you find, to proove me wrong and a troll or whatever ... you guys seem to have way too much nerd-time at your disposal!
My point is: I wrote a mail to SC support asking about 64-bit support and they told me to go for the 5.0 Update and 64-bit will come in a month. They do seem to really need cash right now! Whatever you say: i find it reasonable to complain about a company acting like that. So keep on worshipping! I won't!
braincell

Post by braincell »

You write the drivers first then release the hardware, not the other way around. The cards I have while designed a long time ago, are still being sold. Look at the website. That means they are current cards and should fully support the world's most popular operating system.
Last edited by braincell on Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
garyb

Post by garyb »

wow, truth is never a requisite is it?

here's some cheese for the whine...

they do what I want. Scope plays EXTREMELY well with other apps. 64bit IS coming, and no one denies that it's important since the industry is going that way. the lack of 64bit is no impediment to good production, however.
braincell

Post by braincell »

The 64-bit Windows 7 OS is specifically designed for power users. If your OS is 32 bit, you aren't using the best computer.
Last edited by braincell on Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
garyb

Post by garyb »

yeah, yeah, yeah.

flaw? well, ok....whatever...

you'll get 64bit soon enough. i wonder if any of the biggest compainers have ever done any music of note, or if the glory's been all in the imagination...
braincell

Post by braincell »

Lay off the personal attacks.
Last edited by braincell on Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
garyb

Post by garyb »

:lol: yawn.

who was speaking specifically about you? it was just something i was wondering, but congratulations! be sure and upload a copy to the music forum when you finish, so we can all enjoy it!

-btw-there are lots of things composed for big organizations that are of little note...
braincell

Post by braincell »

Thanks, who said it was a big organization?
garyb

Post by garyb »

nobody. it's also something i'm not very concerned with.

i could really get pissy with you over this, but i'm not inclined. i'm happy you have something to do and i hope they pay you well for your work.
dawman

Post by dawman »

braincell wrote:I am composing for a world famous choreographer with a nationally known chamber group so you can go to hell and lay off the personal attacks.
:lol:
Here's scene one during the elbow strikes on the Piano.........