Bug reports for Scope 4.5 hopefully to be fixed for Scope 5!

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Neutron

Post by Neutron »

Shayne White wrote:
That was fixed in Scope 4.0. But -- I'm not sure -- it might have been re-introduced in v4.5. What version of Scope are you running?
i have scope 4 and it does that.
YiannisK

Post by YiannisK »

Hi Guys,
I have the lastest version 4.5.

it's not a big deal since if you rename your project before hiting save as then the new name appeares in the file you want to save it as.

But I thought it would be easier to just rename after hitting save as and your project window would automatically use that name.

Alot of apps function in this way.

But in General the platform has some isues when in comes to typing stuff for naming purposes , saving, note etc. but all is good
Not complaining, I still love it.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Add more memory headroom to STS-5000 so that it can continue to compete in the sampler market. 75Meg is pathetic (and antiquaited).

Fix all STS bugs that have been around for the past 7+ years! :lol:

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
maky325

Post by maky325 »

siriusbliss wrote:Add more memory headroom to STS-5000 so that it can continue to compete in the sampler market. 75Meg is pathetic (and antiquaited).

Fix all STS bugs that have been around for the past 7+ years! :lol:

Greg
Point them out so they can fix them.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

*phase issues.
*dropped samples when program groups meet the memory 'ceiling'
there are others that have been listed on the STS forum for a long time now.

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
sonicstrav

Post by sonicstrav »

I agree - these bugs put me of using the STS - OK I've got Kontakt 3 but it would be nice to utilise the STS
cw_swede

Post by cw_swede »

I hope they will fix the MIDI-buffer so it will be useful to use also to dump sysex data with.

Also the MIDI-CC in Preset-list will be "saved" correctly.

And the Minimax-bugg when have several Minimax loaded, sometimes I can't open the proj, gets DSP overflow, yeah right.
krizrox

Post by krizrox »

A few from me although I've been waiting for so long for a bug fix I've given up any hope of ever seeing these things fixed. The fact that there is any activity at all is a welcome sign to me. Thanks Sonic Core!

1) There is a nagging problem with the track EQ's on the 48 channel mixer. It might also be there on the 24 channel version too (I don't use the 24 channel version as much but they are virtually the same mixers anyway so I assume they both have the same problem). Occasionally, the EQ "Q" widths will change randomly. When you change focus from one track to another and then go back to the previous track EQ, it will sometimes change. It's a difficult problem to describe accurately but I've seen the problem often enough. Let's just call it a random problem with the "Q" settings. Maybe someone else knows what I am talking about and can describe it better. I'm not sure the Q width is actually changing. I think it might just be that the graphic waveform display is changing so it might just be a graphics problem - not an actual Q problem.

2) Optimaster - for some odd reason that graphical window doesn't always display the running waveforms. Not a show stopper at all but I just thought I'd mention it in passing.

That's all I got. After many years of using the program that's all I got. I have to say, in all fairness, this product has withstood the test of time wonderfully. I realize there is room for improvement but how many computer products do you own that have stood the test of time this well? Amazing if you ask me.