What do you want to know about Scope 5 / Xite-1?

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Post by dawman »

Well Gigastudio 4 is a monster and I have 2 dongles from Tascam now.

I was wondering when Scope 5 is released, will the old cards be able to go to 64bit XP / Vista, or just the new hardware 1U's for XITE-1?

Also, would love to know if SC is going to make new GSIF 2.0 drivers.

They allow inputting to use the convolution IR's, and recording into Giga.

The old drivers work flawlessley as usual, but they are from the last century.

I am shocked that 9 year old drivers work so well, but it is 2008 afterall. :wink:

I am thinking of keeping 3 of the old cards w/ Gigastudio 4 and trying to have a second DAW for a production / automation DAWg.........AARRRFFFF !!
dubcotics

compatibility between new and old stuff

Post by dubcotics »

hello fellas Z !

As for this survey, I'd like to know if the new plaftorm will coexist with the old ones, so as their plug ins. I don't think that anyone of us would like to invest in buying new plugins for the new platform (got more than 1k euros worth of them), it wouldn't make sence for marketing policy , if the company's aim is new customers that's fine , as I don't think anyone can clarify this yet, I guess that we will have to wait and see in order to make the decisions,

regards
garyb

Post by garyb »

yes it will, if you are refering to scope.
dawman

Post by dawman »

I predict a product very soon................. SC and Ralf have been 2 silent 4 2 long. I have stashed away 4 large for a day in May. :D
Jah Servant

Post by Jah Servant »

what I really want to know is this...
can I get a free one??? please??? :P

Really though, I guess scope device dealers will give us all new keys right? That won't be a problem will it? Maybe some will charge a fee, you think?
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

As they are making a vista driver are they fixing the XP driver to make it a bit more friendly to other things on the same IRQ, such as USB or SATA controllers.