problem with win7/64 and jb synth-pack

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Re: problem with win7/64 and jb synth-pack

Post by dawman »

I've noticed this on devices with hundreds of parameters, and even massive Modular Towers from Faxinadu or Alfonso....
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

garyb wrote::)

again, the needed files are a few posts back that way. ^

:)
I see 'em! I see 'em!!!

:lol:

Greg

p.s. Maybe post a fresh new thread?
garyb

Post by garyb »

i should post another thread, but John doesn't need to host them everywhere.
they'll be on the ftp soon.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

FINALLY friggin' loaded one measely Qwave SE into my exisitng project!

I should've started building from scratch.

Can't F*ing wait for SC to finish scrubbing out all this old antique Creamware atom crud and strip this sucker down to the drivers and fuggin' start all over again.

I'm only at 50% DSP distribution and the damn thing starts overloading!

ACH!

G
dante

Post by dante »

Maxing out at around 50% - 65% on 48Khz is about standard for me on XITE-1D - mind you I dont mess w/ DSP assignment much though so could probably squeeze more.

I only get to top out the DSP's above 95% on the ol PCI cards.

Roll on Scope 6 !
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

dante wrote:Maxing out at around 50% - 65% on 48Khz is about standard for me on XITE-1D - mind you I dont mess w/ DSP assignment much though so could probably squeeze more.

I only get to top out the DSP's above 95% on the ol PCI cards.

Roll on Scope 6 !
Maxing out 50 -60% on 44.1K is about standard for me on XITE-1 !
Didn´t even try to make a Startup.

85% DSP on my 15DSP Creamware PCI card and as a Startup,- no prob and worked all day.

Scope 6 as soon as possible please !

Bud
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Anyways, finally got a new project setup with a ModIV and TWO SE's with 2496 and a bunch of other devices before hitting the ceiling.

But yeah, forget about fast preset switching (which I already knew).

Greg
dawman

Post by dawman »

They had a choice when designing the XBox to keep compatability or start over.
I wonder how many of us would have been happy losing every plug in we ever bought...?
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:They had a choice when designing the XBox to keep compatability or start over.
I wonder how many of us would have been happy losing every plug in we ever bought...?

Exactly! What you state is the crux of the problem imv. S|C was in a no win situation; either offer compatibility wich means old unoptimized code running on XITE-1 wich is a bad senario, or start over from scratch wich is the even worser senario. Who would've bought a empty XITE-1? We might have only Modular 4 but i doubt S|C could populate the platform with plugins and functionality to any decent extent or quickly get enough third-party-developers to. They rightly kept the old; SCOPE is a large and complex platform to code thus it will naturally take time to get to optimum performance and tho SCOPE avoided demise it really was in a bad situation in many ways, S|C had to pick their poisons all along the way.

When using XITE-1 one has to avoide certain things and not have too high expectations ATM. I know Avid started over from scratch with Pro tools HDX and they lost most of their platform. There is'nt many plugins available for HDX and when more are they'll need to be optimized. I prefer having all my old plugins for SCOPE since they are great plugins to me (some are special and cannot be replaced) and i invested alot in them (including hardware and software i probably invested about $7000.00 or more in this platform). This unoptimized phase is sImply what we have to go threw there really is no other way to have what we love to use (SCOPE). Alot is still gotten out of XITE-1 with me and life is definitely FAAR better with it than without. XITE-1 has ALOT of processing power and functionality so even when one don't harness it all much still is gotten out of it (more than any other gear elsewhere ime).

After saying that i do look forward to SCOPE 6 and more optimizations and hope it all comes VERY quickly (soon is not a good word to use with S|C :) ). I'm sure S|C wants this as well.

EDITED
Last edited by Sounddesigner on Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
dante

Post by dante »

Sounddesigner wrote:After saying that i do look forward to SCOPE 6 and more optimizations and hope it all comes VERY quickly (soon is not a good word to use with S|C :) ). I'm sure S|C wants this as well.
Id be happy if it was this year. 2013 at the latest would be a reasonable expectation.
Fluxpod

Post by Fluxpod »

Sounddesigner wrote:
XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:They had a choice when designing the XBox to keep compatability or start over.

Exactly! What you state is the crux of the problem imv. S|C was in a no win situation; either offer compatibility wich means old unoptimized code running on XITE-1 wich is a bad senario, or start over from scratch wich is the even worser senario. Who would've bought a empty XITE-1? We might have only Modular 4 but i doubt S|C could populate the platform with plugins and functionality to any decent extent or quickly get enought third-party-developers to. They rightly kept the old; SCOPE is a large and complex platform to code thus it will naturally take time to get to optimum performance and tho SCOPE avoided demise it really was in a bad situation in many ways, S|C had to pick their poisons all along the way.

When using XITE-1 one has to avoide certain things and not have too high expectations ATM. I know Avid started over from scratch with Pro tools HDX and they lost most of their platform. There is'nt many plugins available for HDX and when more are they'll need to be optimized. I prefer having all my old plugins for SCOPE since they are great plugins to me (some are special and cannot be replaced) and i invested alot in them (including hardware and software i probably invested about $7000.00 or more in this platform). This unoptimized phase is sImply what we have to go threw there really is no other way to have what we love to use (SCOPE). Alot is still gotten out of XITE-1 with me and life is definitely FAAR better with it than without. XITE-1 has ALOT of processing power and functionality so even when one don't harness it all much still is gotten out of it (more than any other gear elsewhere ime).

After saying that i do look forward to SCOPE 6 and more optimizations and hope it all comes VERY quickly (soon is not a good word to use with S|C :) ). I'm sure S|C wants this as well.

EDITED

Completly Wrong.They did not loose a lot.Most of the TDM plugs are available in RTAS or already AAX Native.They lost a few TDM only Plugs like amp farm.Most developers have AAX native And AAX DSP Already and many will finish this year.Waves and many more are on this.And i doubt they will need 3 years.
:wink:
garyb

Post by garyb »

there's a big difference between native and tdm, if not in sound, in resources. why would you buy the dsp farm otherwise?

i guess these things don't matter to a generation that never heard high-end audio anyway...
Fluxpod

Post by Fluxpod »

garyb wrote:there's a big difference between native and tdm, if not in sound, in resources. why would you buy the dsp farm otherwise?

i guess these things don't matter to a generation that never heard high-end audio anyway...

What=? The Sound difference between Tdm and RTAS was and is 0. The difference between Rtas And AAX Native is 0.Now the difference between TDM 48 Bit Fixed Point and AAX DSP 32 Bit Float.....Subtile.Very Very so.The Mix engine sounds Different and better to me in HDX.But new Programm and Hardware.....

You buy the HDX system for Low latency on Huge Projekts with a ton of overdubs with plugins and Voices-Tracks-Connections to Ad/da-Madi etc.

What?
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Fluxpod wrote:
Sounddesigner wrote:

Exactly! What you state is the crux of the problem imv. S|C was in a no win situation; either offer compatibility wich means old unoptimized code running on XITE-1 wich is a bad senario, or start over from scratch wich is the even worser senario. Who would've bought a empty XITE-1? We might have only Modular 4 but i doubt S|C could populate the platform with plugins and functionality to any decent extent or quickly get enought third-party-developers to. They rightly kept the old; SCOPE is a large and complex platform to code thus it will naturally take time to get to optimum performance and tho SCOPE avoided demise it really was in a bad situation in many ways, S|C had to pick their poisons all along the way.

EDITED

Completly Wrong.They did not loose a lot.Most of the TDM plugs are available in RTAS or already AAX Native.They lost a few TDM only Plugs like amp farm.Most developers have AAX native And AAX DSP Already and many will finish this year.Waves and many more are on this.And i doubt they will need 3 years.
When HDX was first release there was very little available for it. More has come but still its occuring overtime and not at release and that's my point. There is still a hell of alot not available for HDX (native does'nt count, if you buy the dsp you are concerned about what is available for it not native). The Waves mercury alone is a huge amount missing, add tc plugins, virus, DUY,Autotune,Eventide, etc and there are MANY not available for HDX . There is a list of available plugins for HDX on Avids site and a list of soon-to-be-available and a list of old TDM and it is clearly seen that alot is missing. This is'nt hard to see.
Last edited by Sounddesigner on Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Fluxpod wrote:
garyb wrote:there's a big difference between native and tdm, if not in sound, in resources. why would you buy the dsp farm otherwise?

What=? The Sound difference between Tdm and RTAS was and is 0. The difference between Rtas And AAX Native is 0.Now the difference between TDM 48 Bit Fixed Point and AAX DSP 32 Bit Float.....Subtile.Very Very so.The Mix engine sounds Different and better to me in HDX.But new Programm and Hardware.....

You buy the HDX system for Low latency on Huge Projekts with a ton of overdubs with plugins and Voices-Tracks-Connections to Ad/da-Madi etc.

What?

There are some plugins available only for TDM wich some prefer, they have no rtas version.
Fluxpod

Post by Fluxpod »

When HDX was first release there was very little available for it. More has come but still its occuring overtime and not at release and that's my point. There is still a hell of alot not available for HDX (native does'nt count, if you buy the dsp you are concerned about what is available for it not native). The Waves mercury alone is a huge amount missing, add tc plugins, viris, DUIY,Autotune, etc and there are MANY not available for HDX . There is a list of available plugins for HDX on Avids site and a list of soon-to-be and it is clearly seen that alot is missing. This is'nt hard to see.[/quote]

You do not get it.There is most everything available for it.Native or not is not relevant .AAX native works great.With the new Delay comp it does not really matter and the few you mentioned...Autotune is available. Tc stuff and the virus will probably get dropped but that is up to TC and ACCESS.The rest will finish 2012.Or 1 Quarter 2013.Why?Because these people want to make Money.And HDX is Backordered a lot.It sells so fast that even Demo stock is often sold.Tadaaa. :wink:
And Like most if not all the people on HDX the studios i know are concerned about quality and i/o and then what is available as a dsp plugin.And..they know that the Plugin manufacturer are working their asses off to get on that plattform. :D
Fluxpod

Post by Fluxpod »

Sounddesigner wrote:
Fluxpod wrote:

What?

There are some plugins available only for TDM wich some prefer, they have no rtas version.

Yeah and right now..there are so many simlar plugs that it does not matter.I only heard 1 complaint anout the virus and ampfarm.Thats about it.
garyb

Post by garyb »

sure is a lot of extra money for "low latency for big mixes".

AS I SAID, "there is a big difference, if not in sound then in RESOURCES".

otherwise, you could just buy an cheap RME card with madi and be done with it. why use the worst sequencer on the market? suckers.
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Sounddesigner wrote:When HDX was first release there was very little available for it. More has come but still its occuring overtime and not at release and that's my point. There is still a hell of alot not available for HDX (native does'nt count, if you buy the dsp you are concerned about what is available for it not native). The Waves mercury alone is a huge amount missing, add tc plugins, viris, DUIY,Autotune, etc and there are MANY not available for HDX . There is a list of available plugins for HDX on Avids site and a list of soon-to-be and it is clearly seen that alot is missing. This is'nt hard to see.
Fluxpod wrote: You do not get it.There is most everything available for it.Native or not is not relevant .AAX native works great.With the new Delay comp it does not really matter and the few you mentioned...Autotune is available. Tc stuff and the virus will probably get dropped but that is up to TC and ACCESS.The rest will finish 2012.Or 1 Quarter 2013.Why?Because these people want to make Money.And HDX is Backordered a lot.It sells so fast that even Demo stock is often sold.Tadaaa. :wink:
And Like most if not all the people on HDX the studios i know are concerned about quality and i/o and then what is available as a dsp plugin.And..they know that the Plugin manufacturer are working their asses off to get on that plattform. :D
There is still many not available for hdx fluxpod, i could be wrong about autotune but i don't think i am. The Eventide, duy, none of the instruments, and more, do i need to compile a list? it was only very recent Metric halo and others released hdx versions, in the begining HDX had very little available and still is missing alot/most. Here's a link to available HDX plugins (don't get fooled by Native versions listed) and more info - http://www.avid.com/US/categories/Audio-Plug-ins

You state AAX-Native is just as good but i disagree. If i paid $20,000 for 2x HDX dsp cards i'm spending that money to use dsp versions not Native and i'm sure many who buy hdx agrees.

PS. I bought XITE-1 to use my plugins on it (low-latency, stability, and better power management and leveraging) using native versions of my SCOPE plugins is not desired as a replacement (SPL, Brainworx, Softubes).
Last edited by Sounddesigner on Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:42 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Fluxpod

Post by Fluxpod »

garyb wrote::lol:

sure is a lot of extra money for "low latency for big mixes".

AS I SAID, "there is a big difference, if not in sound then in RESOURCES".

otherwise, you could just buy an cheap RME card with madi and be done with it. why use the worst sequencer on the market? suckers.

Gary...seriously.Pms much?
Resouces in a native system are available as Plenty as you may Imagine.
You may buy a Rme card.If you want 64 or 128 or more I/o you may purchase HDX.
And Suckers....yeah..ähhm...wont go there lol.
I think i am done here. :roll:

@Sounddesigner. In Tracking yes in Mixing no.Its about the synergie and that you can use BOTH...run out of dsp? Use native...And if you run out of native power which is kinda unlikely use dsp.. :wink:

Its the whole system the workflow the use of satelites and so on that makes it work for pro´s.