Bug reports for Scope 4.5 hopefully to be fixed for Scope 5!

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

hubird

Post by hubird »

garyb wrote:at least scope will reshuffle the project and load the dsps in a way that will fit, even if it's eventually. Pro Tools HD will just refuse to load, period, until you make a new project or buy more dsps......
bingo.
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

Herr Voigt wrote:Hifiboom, at the background of your screenshot I can see a word-document called "Diplomarbeit"!
Do you write your Diplomarbeit about Scope? :D
Sorry for OT.
no, my Diplomarbeit is about coding a software for heuritsic price calculation in Yield and Revenue Management. :P :x

thats why I have less time doing sdk projects the next 1,5 months. currently everything is on hold. :oops:

but how does A.S. said in T. : I`ll be back ! :wink:
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

garyb wrote:the reallocation bug isn't a bug.
depending on what devices get loaded, there may not be multiple dsps right next to each other, which is what a big device like minimax requires(latency issues between dsps). at least scope will reshuffle the project and load the dsps in a way that will fit, even if it's eventually. Pro Tools HD will just refuse to load, period, until you make a new project or buy more dsps......
What!? Pro Tools has bugs? But everyone keeps telling me that Pro Tools is perfect.... :P

I think the version of MiniMax that was updated for "MidiMax" fixed the DSP errors, didn't it? I don't remember the link to it....

I also occasionally get the Mod3 connection bug, and the loading bug...so you all were right about that.

Here's another bug I sometimes run into: when shifting around DSP resources, sometimes the velocity of a synth suddenly doesn't work properly -- the velocity value for a note gets tacked onto the next note, like a velocity delay. Worst with MiniMax especially. It gets fixed if I disconnect the MIDI connection in Scope and reconnect it. Has anybody else had that?

Shayne
Melodious Synth Radio
http://www.melodious-synth.com

Melodious synth music by Binary Sea
http://www.binary-sea.com
garyb

Post by garyb »

:lol:
it's not a bug on PTHD either, although you can believe even PT has bugs(all complex software has bugs, hence all the hotfixes). PTHD just doesn't allow partially loaded dsps to be used for other purposes. Scope tries to squeeze all the use possible out of the dsps the system has.

the problem, when you get that message, is that there isn't enough contiguous dsp space for the plugin(minimax takes a couple of dsps), so the system asks if you want to reshuffle to make room(giving you a chance to protect your work before trying). it's a GOOD message, in a sense...
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

GaryB, you are right about the dsp consume for minimax.

But if you look at my screenshot, you can see that my scope pro still has 5 totally free SHARCS with no load. That should be easily enough to load a 1-polyphone minimax without problem.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

i get a similar problem with Profit-5, but oddly not with Minimax. If i have a project already open (even a small one) and load Profit-5 i get a DSP overload error. If i start up a project with Profit-5 loaded it's fine. i now have a default project that loads with it already in place and remove it if i don't need it. To be fair i haven't tried this with my new motherboard as i have got so used to my workaround. i'll have to give it a go and see if it still does it.
garyb

Post by garyb »

hifi,
it's about how the dsp usage is arranged.
starcorp

Post by starcorp »

in xtc mode: no tempo information pass from host to plugin (vst, Vsti)
jan
lagoausente

Post by lagoausente »

mr. prawn wrote:why do people even use the sts samplers? thats a serious question (no snark-o) - i mean why use them instead of a soft-sampler or even some kind of rack sampler, better sound? i like the fact that they can actually sample, unlike kontakt et al. but the interface seems archaic & obviously they're quite buggy. seems like it would be a waste of resources for SC to pursue the sts line when most people (i think) are happy enough w/ native samplers which are better spec'd & easier to use anyway. i think sc should ditch them & focus on synths, effects, sdk etc. which is what will draw people to the platform more so than a rather decrepit-looking sampler.
The same you have aplied to the sampler can be aplied also to synths and effects. There are lots and lots of native synths, effects, Vst instruments etc etc.
One of the advantages of Scope is the latency. For a guy that usually quantizes what he plays, a Native sampler can work. For a guy that wants to play like with a hardware unit, Scope provides a free latency and no midi jitter.
What came first, the egg or the ckicken? Since STS are archaic and buggy, users keep on Native. The same would apply if the Scope synths were archaic and buggy nobody would use them.
If they make a modern new sampler, intuitive and capable of loading diferent formats the DSP hardware offers a latency and midi jitter free that Native will never offer.
Did you know that if you take your sequencer, switch the methronome as midi, send to the physical midi out, reconect to the midi input, and record it into a midi track, you´ll never see match the methronome clics with the Rule Bars?
The Midi events have a timestamp, what tells on what position must be the event. It´s calculated by the midi driver in reference with an internal clock of the mainboard. Since the CPU must have in queing diferent processes, the timestamp is not precise, and there is a random error of the midi event position called midi jitter. (correct me if I´m wrong).
In this field, I´ll put an idea in the withlist forum. Maybe the timestamp could in Scope be made in the DSP, comparing the midi input with a clock send from the sequencer, maybe through ASIO or so, for examle at a clock of 44.100 where some bits where telling the exact position of the sequencer, (instead of audio info), and in the DSP could be calculaded the exact position having in account the offset caused by the ASIO buffer.
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

SFP crashes when I attach a USB device.
Fluxpod

Post by Fluxpod »

Music Manic wrote:SFP crashes when I attach a USB device.
Same here.Everytime i put my 4gb usb stick in it crashes.Not that big deal but hey.
:D
husker

Post by husker »

Fluxpod wrote:
Music Manic wrote:SFP crashes when I attach a USB device.
Same here.Everytime i put my 4gb usb stick in it crashes.Not that big deal but hey.
:D
Same here, along with random hangs - an IRQ conflict I could never get rid of with MB. Disabled all except 1 of the USB controllers in Windows (still use 1 for kbd,mouse) and all hanging problems went away...
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

so, don't insert USB crap while Scope is running :) :D

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
YiannisK

Post by YiannisK »

I know we are only supposed to post major bugs but I'd like to post something that has come across that is annoying and would be nice if would be changed,

When doing a project I often make several copies of the same project for back up reasons and also have different names as my project evolves like
Project name.pro, Project name 2.pro ,Project name alternate.pro etc..

But every time I save as whatever I have to also type the new name in the project window before saving ,otherwise my project file would be one name and the project window will display the previous name.

So basically it would be nice if whenever You save as whatever that the name of the project would automatically be assigned in the project window.

That all.
Not a big deal but it would be a easier for your work flow.
borg

Post by borg »

Johannis wrote:So basically it would be nice if whenever You save as whatever that the name of the project would automatically be assigned in the project window.

That all.
If I stick both hands in the air, would that qualify as a
+2?
:)
andy
the lunatics are in the hall
Leper

Post by Leper »

You can enter the project name first, then hit Save As, and the default save file name comes up as your project name.
Witek Radomski (freakmod)
Innovation is my Inspiration!
Music @ http://www.freakmod.ca
johncemt

Post by johncemt »

VDAT edit button bug.

First you must register your sound editor within VDAT. editor must be "registered" to vdat in vdat settings so after recording you can press "edit" and your sound editor will be launched with recorded files already..

However....

You can not press edit button until you press stop and quit recording (obviously). Then you can press "edit" and editor is launched but it is giving message that file you are trying to load is already in use by another process (vdat in this case) and it can not be accessed. To "unarm" vdat to not use recorded files so you can access them from sound editor you must press stop twice (to make stop button go in blinking mode) but when you do that you can not press edit button anymore anymore so all this "edit" things is pretty out of any use :P
dawman

Post by dawman »

As long as Scope " performs " w/o any incidents, you won't feel any air from my wings flappin'.

Sure there are a few minor imperfections, but I can deal with whatever I know is problematic, which is not even worth mentioning, since it's performance live has a 100% non failure rate, on multiple DAW's, in multiple venues.

It would be just my luck that it becomes " perfect ", and then unstable for live work. :D

Good Work Finding The Imperfections Though Guys. :wink:
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

YiannisK wrote:I know we are only supposed to post major bugs but I'd like to post something that has come across that is annoying and would be nice if would be changed,

When doing a project I often make several copies of the same project for back up reasons and also have different names as my project evolves like
Project name.pro, Project name 2.pro ,Project name alternate.pro etc..

But every time I save as whatever I have to also type the new name in the project window before saving ,otherwise my project file would be one name and the project window will display the previous name.

So basically it would be nice if whenever You save as whatever that the name of the project would automatically be assigned in the project window.

That all.
That was fixed in Scope 4.0. But -- I'm not sure -- it might have been re-introduced in v4.5. What version of Scope are you running?
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Shayne White wrote:
That was fixed in Scope 4.0. But -- I'm not sure -- it might have been re-introduced in v4.5. What version of Scope are you running?
Scope 4.0 and 4.5 are the same software - purchasing keys just unlocks more devices.