Want to buy a new monitor, which one is best for you?

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Nestor

Re: Want to buy a new monitor, which one is best for you?

Post by Nestor »

I can confirm now: you can get a couple of these ViewSonic VP2365-LED screens closed eyes.... GREAT!!!
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Still very pleased! Nothing to say just thank you ViewSonic! Now, I am so used to work with two screens that I had the need to divide it. I've got a very cheap useful program called MaxTo for 9.99 usd, which divides your screen and let you manage it in an intelligente way, it makes all sort of divtions you may need.
hubird

Post by hubird »

Me too I prefer two 19#ers above one (not too big) widescreen, but that's because of they have more surface together.
There is an 'organizing' effect too, as you tend to lay the windows in your one preferred way.
Yet the 'dubbelbar' in the middle is still f•ck, even with (my) ViewSonic monitors.

I mentioned the fast development in video land.
Immanuel's solution is what I had in mind, I saw such a big one at friends, and thought that's my next step in my studio, when wallet admits.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Where’s Spirit? I haven’t read him for a long time already.

Well…, Spirit was the one to recommend me to use two screens, as a main upgrade for my setup. He would state that getting more RAM or a bigger CPU (in those days), would not amount the benefits of getting a second screen.

Well, this is true.

And he also said: “The only problem you will have, is that you will never be able to get back to one screen”.

That is also true.

I realize I cannot comfortably work with only one screen anymore, it doesn’t matter how big it can be, and I need two. I would even prefer two 17” screen than one big 32”… That is why I am getting a second one right now. Back to normal speed.

BTW: I confirm again, this Viewsonic is GREAT! Really good even after very long sesions of work.