DYNATUBE

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

garyb

Re: DYNATUBE

Post by garyb »

any high gain guitar amp will be very noisy. the noisefloor rises as gain is added. all real guitar amps and pedals suffer from this problem. there's no way to avoid it, except to feed thae amp the cleanest signal possible.
nova express

Post by nova express »

no noise problem at all here . you have to use a good DI . passive DI is the best for noise rejection . I use a RADIAL .
no need of a gate. also a good guitar will help !
you have noise just like a real amp .
garyb

Post by garyb »

nova express wrote:you have noise just like a real amp .
that's what i mean...
wayne

Post by wayne »

I dig the Dyna bass models - i don't use them a lot, 'cos my old Jazz sounds really cool uncoloured straight in, but I'll use the Ampeg sim if i want it to sound more P-bass. Haven't tried it on double bass, but that thing's got so much sub i have to 24db lowcut it's channel at 20 Hz to keep my speakers from harm, and hand energy back to the mix.

On an aside, i discovered what "ampeg" stands for the other day - the company's first product was a double bass pickup that was mounted on the top end of the peg, inside the bass. Amplified peg. They went in to amps later.

On the Radial DI thing - i'm going straight into the desk on double bass through one of those at the moment in a show, and it handles the old Fishman piezo very, very well, which is not the norm. Much recommended :)
nova express

Post by nova express »

yes garib .
I reacted about babaorum post and the need of a DI to avoid unwanted noise .
in fact I would add that I always use a DI before a preamp . Even with line source like hardware synth etc...
it's a good habit to have imho . I've got a preamp with an impedance matching pot and with this preamp i can listen how a bad matching affect the sound . I found that some synth don't have the expected impedance of a line source. Since I always use DI . passive DI with good trans (ala jensen) are my prefered . I never use the line input of any preamp or mixer .
nova express

Post by nova express »

@wayne yes I love the radial diy too .the low frequencies are incredible ! the slight roll of of high frequency reject some harshness wich is perfect for piezo
Ume

Post by Ume »

Just want to tell you that I like it so much that I bought me a http://www.marshallamps.com/product_ran ... ode=JMD501

Softube in the down right corner.
nova express

Post by nova express »

the DynatubeBassRack do exactly what I want ! thanks a lot Mr Arkadin.
babaorum

Post by babaorum »

nova express wrote:no noise problem at all here . you have to use a good DI . passive DI is the best for noise rejection . I use a RADIAL .
no need of a gate. also a good guitar will help !
you have noise just like a real amp .
I have a very good guitar and now a good DI and I must try again with this DI (before I didn't have DI). But with Guitar Rig I don't have this level of noise. Ok maybe the MB dynatube is better than the GR's one, I'll try it another time and I'll see.
:) I'll receive my repaired PC tomorrow :wink:
Sonic Core Luna II + Pulsar II scope v5.1.2709-x64, Cubase 9.0.20 (64), Pro Tools 12.7, Wavelab element 9 (64), windows 8.1 pro (64), Asus P6T 18Go RAM core i7 920, SSL Duende Native - Lexicon PCM Reverb Bundle - Waves - Sonnox