Huge acoustic drumkit, free for planet-z

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

hubird

Post by hubird »

supplemental to preset saving:
you may want to leave the 'left' preset window intact, and use the right one instead to organise your own presets (pull it to thge left).
This way you have always the original presets at hand, and you only have to save your own presets (I always create a bank first, as C. suggest to do).

Talking about this preset saving, could anybody shine his light on this:
If you save your project at the end, you're asked if you want to save that right preset
list.
I think this is a boring message, because the only thing you probably want to save is keeping that list in your plugin in that project.
This should be done anyway, like a 'song' does in Cubase, isn't it?
If not, the question of the popup is not adequat, coz you saved that list already!
It reminds me of the stupid question you always get when closing the Scope platform after saving the project...
You guys also find the preset saving message stupid and/or inadequat?
hubird

Post by hubird »

dp

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hubird on 2005-02-12 19:28 ]</font>
peetbass

Post by peetbass »

hi,
i would like to download the drumkit because it seems to be greet!
If someone can help me...
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

On 2005-02-11 15:53, peetbass wrote:
hi,
i would like to download the drumkit because it seems to be greet!
If someone can help me...
You'll find a link in previous page...
braincell

Post by braincell »

Thanks!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: braincell on 2005-02-16 17:35 ]</font>
dtb

Post by dtb »

Nisse,

HALION 3 in use here - can you gimme a hint when you've finished converting this thing into in halion-format?!

stige - just can't believe it! great!!!! sounds really good and natural!!
cheers
tom
braincell

Post by braincell »

Cubase is easier for saving than the SFP. Reason has an option to save all the samples and presets in the song file. This way nothing gets lost and it's easy to work with other people.

On 2004-10-29 18:09, hubird wrote:
supplemental to preset saving:
you may want to leave the 'left' preset window intact, and use the right one instead to organise your own presets (pull it to thge left).
This way you have always the original presets at hand, and you only have to save your own presets (I always create a bank first, as C. suggest to do).

Talking about this preset saving, could anybody shine his light on this:
If you save your project at the end, you're asked if you want to save that right preset
list.
I think this is a boring message, because the only thing you probably want to save is keeping that list in your plugin in that project.
This should be done anyway, like a 'song' does in Cubase, isn't it?
If not, the question of the popup is not adequat, coz you saved that list already!
It reminds me of the stupid question you always get when closing the Scope platform after saving the project...
You guys also find the preset saving message stupid and/or inadequat?
hubird

Post by hubird »

two good examples of how it should be :smile:
emzee

Post by emzee »

Stige, these are beautiful. The cymbals are just what I was looking for....rides are delicious. Bless you and thank you so much...
skwawks

Post by skwawks »

The velocity response is fantastic :smile:Really great work Stige...and thank you very much .
Paul
Kermit Jagger

Post by Kermit Jagger »

I add my thanks and appreciation. Great job.
jazzyjoepass

Post by jazzyjoepass »

Anybody here know how to convert Yamaha's A Series sample CDs into usable format for the STS?

I've got a whole lot of good drum sample of the Yamaha's recording drumsets and a couple of their signature snares.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

I thought the A series samples were '.wav' format. You'll probably just have to map the samples to a new STS program. If you have any problems there's an STS forum here, where the STS users discuss all things STS :smile:

We sometimes use translator to make Akai format CDs from our STS programs. By doing this we can then load them straight into most samplers (Akai, Emu etc) :wink:
samplaire

Post by samplaire »

I'm afraid A series samples are not .wav formatted. I have my A3k and can't translate the programs with anything (on Mac). AFAIR I tried to open the sample files in SoundForge as a raw file unsuccessfuly :sad:
samplaire

Post by samplaire »

!

There is a simple program which can be used as a wave editor no matter if you have a Yamaha sampler or not. It's TWE (Tiny wave editor). The version is PC but there is a MAc also (somewhere). If you want to use it with your Yamaha sampler it provides via SCSI sample transfer but works only with samples not programs.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

My memory failed me again :grin:

What i must have had hiding in those degraded cells was the fact that Yamaha introduced .wav 'compatability' in the A series. I remember we almost bought one for that fact. So what is their native format ? Is it completely proprietory ?
John Cooper

Post by John Cooper »

If anyone is looking for the files, they're no longer hosted on planetz. They expired off the site quite some time ago. (Some links in this thread are broken).

If you're looking for them, post a question here and maybe someone will temporarily host them for you, for download.

Cheers,
John
pollux

Post by pollux »

John Cooper wrote:If anyone is looking for the files, they're no longer hosted on planetz. They expired off the site quite some time ago. (Some links in this thread are broken).

If you're looking for them, post a question here and maybe someone will temporarily host them for you, for download.

Cheers,
John
Hi all,

If someone has them, I'm interested :D

They could be hosted for free on sendspace as long as the file is active (at least 1 dl per week), or permanently for very cheap...

Thanks!

Raul
Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

hey Raul, pm me :wink:
pollux

Post by pollux »

Hi,

Thanks legros... I got it now :D

I uploaded it to sendspace which has high bandwidth.. I'll buy 10 GB of DL so that the file remains there for long.

If anyone is interested, please PM me and I'll send you the link.

Cheers

Raul.