Well,
I never thought of keeping both the scope and the UAD in the same machine? I just figured there would be IRQ conflicts or something.
That is something to think about... for I love the routing flexibility of SCOPE and that is what I was going to miss the most.
Jim
Scope 5
-
jimk
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:47 am
- Polarity
- Posts: 147
- Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:36 am
- Location: Milano (Italy)
- Contact:
Re: Scope 5
Yep, but now with UAD-2 cards on PCI express slot...
I think that probably problems with IRQ's of PCI slot of Scope cards shouldn't uppear.
I think that probably problems with IRQ's of PCI slot of Scope cards shouldn't uppear.
-
jimk
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:47 am
Re: Scope 5
I guess I will try to have both SCOPE and UAD2 live together on my machine. I won't need the 14 DSP SRB anymore, so at least one of my kids will be happy.
Thanks for the ideas,
Jim
Thanks for the ideas,
Jim
- garyb
- Moderator
- Posts: 23474
- Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: ghetto by the sea
Re: Scope 5
sure. whenever you have more devices on the motherboard, there are fewer available irqs. you'll be able to shulffle things though, if there's a conflict.
- firubbi
- Posts: 1156
- Joined: Wed May 21, 2003 4:00 pm
Re: Scope 5
garyb do you think Dp35Dp can handle one xite-1 and 2 firewire device at a time?
1.xite-1
2. Canopus ADVC-110 Analog/DV Converter.
http://www.firewire-1394.com/canopus-advc-110.htm
3. ssl duende/powercore6000
thanks
1.xite-1
2. Canopus ADVC-110 Analog/DV Converter.
http://www.firewire-1394.com/canopus-advc-110.htm
3. ssl duende/powercore6000
thanks
- garyb
- Moderator
- Posts: 23474
- Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: ghetto by the sea
Re: Scope 5
sure, although there would certainly be limits. as far as whether or not it all should work, yes it should. why are you transferring video at the same time as doing audio work?
- firubbi
- Posts: 1156
- Joined: Wed May 21, 2003 4:00 pm
Re: Scope 5
Canopus is for dubbing. you're right
i can unplug Canopus firewire and plug the ssl duende/powercore6000 during mix.
it will save irq problem. thanks garyb.
it will save irq problem. thanks garyb.
- Shroomz~>
- Posts: 5669
- Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:00 pm
- Location: The Blue Shadows
Re: Scope 5
firubbi, you can also get a firewire switcher. 
- firubbi
- Posts: 1156
- Joined: Wed May 21, 2003 4:00 pm
Re: Scope 5
hi Shroomz.. another good idea
this will not coz any signal problem right?
thanks
thanks
- Shroomz~>
- Posts: 5669
- Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:00 pm
- Location: The Blue Shadows
Re: Scope 5
I haven't used them firubbi. You'd have to look into it in more detail, but I can't see why there would be a quality loss problem if the switcher supports the max transfer rate your firewire devices are using.
-
tripstation
- Posts: 176
- Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:00 pm
Re: Scope 5
So does Scope 5 work with Dual Xeon CPU's like the Asus PC-DL deluxe motherboard on XP.
Has True multiprocessor support been fixed?
Can anyone confirm this?
regards,
James
Has True multiprocessor support been fixed?
Can anyone confirm this?
regards,
James