Upgrade policy of Creamware

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

braincell

Post by braincell »

Last edited by braincell on Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

Spirit

Post by Spirit »

The 2001 booth !!!! Surely not - I can see the sign which says "modular" and it has a big picture of the Modular version 1. Can't they even afford a new poster ?
braincell

Post by braincell »

It doesn't look very crowded.
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

Well maybe the person took a picture when you could actually see the booth? :wink:

No offense but you guys are MONKEYS always finding negative in everything. I wonder what your music sounds like... :wink:

The RME booth looked about half the size BTW.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: subhuman on 2001-10-03 20:41 ]</font>
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Hey ! Don't get upset. It's great to see a the pic, but given how good modV2 is I'm just amazed they show version 1. That's fair. It's like being at a Motor show and having your superseded model from two years ago on display. people would just laugh.
topbanana

Post by topbanana »

Hmmm I wonder what the two guys at the front of the picture are talking about ????

Caption competition alert !!!!!!

TB
krip

Post by krip »

Well pulsar has always had bugs.. I bought pulsar II, 2.01 had bugs and I bitched about it, 2.04 had bugs and I bitched about it and now 3 has bugs and I'm STILL bitching about it. BUT if it weren't for CreamWare and their great platform, and IT IS a great platform I wouldn't be making music today AT ALL... Cheers creamware we are 100% behind you ( at least I am ), and if we get pissed once in a while and start bitching... well then ignore the bitching and try to relate to what caused the bitching in the first place.

I'm going to say something that I think worries a lot of people, it at least has crossed my mind: there is fear that the platform will not take off and that CW will shut down and that in the end everybody will get f#$%@d. I don't believe this could happen really but the fact that "the voice of creamware" itself is not heard, no explanations no clear marketing strategies (at least none that we know of), all this causes restlessness amongst the natives so to speak.

just so that you'd know I think V3 is awsome. It has bugs like any other software (I know what I'm talking about, I write more bugs than code), but it's a step up no matter how you look at it....

Cheers Ira
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

You never have to tell CW to "ignore the bitching", they always do. hell, they even ignore the praise.

But you're right I hope CW does take off. And V3 is just the thing to make it happen. The deal for new users with the ProPack makes it a very attractive "total solution" package.
braincell

Post by braincell »

The Luna will help CW because it's not ridiculously priced like their other boards and software are. I hope they follow that trend in pricing. When I bought my Luna they were selling like hotcakes, although they still had to make the breakout box proprietary so users have to buy that from CW at a very inflated price. I guess they learned from their A16 ADAT interface not to let their customers buy things from other companies. I am also very sorry that the "firewire" interface on the Luna can not be used with any other firewire device. Boo!!!
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

<i>The Luna will help CW because it's not ridiculously priced </i>

Name one other card besides Pulsar that gives you not only MIDI, adat, analog, and spdif, but also a *realtime* sampler (STS3000), synths, mixers, effects, and a great stock reverb (masterVerb). Name one other card where you don't need anything else to produce an entire project from start to finish and have it sound totally pro... and all this for just over $1000? I don't know what other equipment you've owned, but nothing that I have ever come across offers as much value as the Pulsar2 with V3 and ProPack... seriously, try to think of something as flexible for the price. Something that also has Win2k/XP support (even name one other DSP card in this price range that has 2k support).

But yes, the Luna is an excellent value for what it offers -- it just comes with a LOT less hardware and software, and is intended to introduce people to the complex and flexible (and maybe misunderstood/difficult to understand) concept of the Pulsar/SCOPE.
algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

subhuman wrote:
Name one other card where you don't need anything else to produce an entire project from start to finish and have it sound totally pro...
word. :cool:

preach on brotha!