Protected MIDI controls

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Post by Guest »

What are the protected MIDI controls? I'm really pissed off with the control 6 protection. Can they be changed/removed? Is there a device that is able to redirect the controls to a different number?

Post by Guest »

Subject: Protected Midi on Demo Devices you mean?

Protected Midi on Demo Devices you mean? Some demo devices are hard coded for certain midi channels to make you want to buy the device.

Is that what you're talking about?

Post by Guest »

Subject: Nope.

Right click for example a fader in dynamixer and open the controller list. Controller number six says protected meaning that MIDI controller number six cannot control the selected fader. This again means that because I have a MIDI controller that cannot reassign the controller numbers I have one controller slider that cannot be used with Pulsar!

Post by Guest »

Subject: Re: Nope,

I don't think that you can change it! However,

There is a program's called "MIDI translator", you can re-map it as well. So, the CC# doesn't mean anything, for instance, the mixer-pulsar's CC# 1~119 can be mapped to any CC# (6) on your key-board or Seq. Same way you can have the seq or keyboard to control the pulsar-mixer/synths. It's a shareware program, at the movent, I just forget the path, if you're interest, I could send you one (I need to get it from my old backup-HDrive). Or someone here could help?
Long