Mod III problems on Mac

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

OK I'm fairly new to Mod III, but when I load 808 groover patch all I get is nasty noises where the drum samples should be. The Sample Pool seems to have the samples loaded but I just get this crunchy distorted noise (quite good for my more industrial moments). Anyone know why this is so? Other patches seem OK (haven't tried 909groover yet). Also when I load any patch I get a dialogue asking me for the Presets directory, even though it's set in the SFP Setup and the Presets work for the synths etc. My setup is:

Mac G4 500MHZ SP, 768MB RAM
OS9.2.2
SFP3.1c
Pulsar2Plus, Scope SRB
Cubase VST/32 5.1r1
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

I just got the ModIII and had a similar problem. I couldn't see any of the patches. I just dropped all the files from the ModIII zip into the ModIII folder and all was OK. Of course in doing that I've now got a doubl-listing for each device...

I think I should have separated the two - put the devices in the ModIII folderand the preset files in the preset folder. But it works, and I'm not too interested in the preset pathes anyway other than to see how they've been patched.
AudioIrony

Post by AudioIrony »

I have the same problem on Mac - any Mod III devices that reference a sample pool just plays white noise - is there an answer to this... besides making my own pool?
I notice the samples are referenced to someone's C drive (holding the mouse cursor over each sample in the pool) in 808 and 909 Groover devices
---xxxxxxxx---
And Charlie said: "I'm cool with that" and set fire to a posh hammer to make it official
---xxxxxxxx---
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Yeah, i'm pretty certain it's a PC port problem cos it's as if ModIII is looking for a PC directory path. i told CW ages ago and they had no immediate fix (hopefully SFP4 will fix this). In the meantime we can't use any sample-based patches. It might be worth mailing CW again to remind them that this is still an issue.
AudioIrony

Post by AudioIrony »

Hmmm.... got bored and emailed Creamware x2 about this issue - no response so far - anyone else had any luck?
---xxxxxxxx---
And Charlie said: "I'm cool with that" and set fire to a posh hammer to make it official
---xxxxxxxx---