SoundFonts with STS4000

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

AudioIrony

Post by AudioIrony »

The documantation that comes with STS4000 states that you can load sounfont files into it. I have tried this and keep getting an <invalid directory> error. Pulsar can see the files, but will not load them
Does anyone know how to import sf2 files into STS4000 ?
I'm using the Mac version of Pulsar? with STS4000.

Post by Guest »

Subject: try this

Sound fonts and akai samples are two different things. In sound font files u may have 128 banks and 128 program in each, so try to load the sound font into pool first, and from pool drag and drop the program u want into empty STS slot. U can also export a desired program to STS format.
Hope it helps :)
AudioIrony

Post by AudioIrony »

Subject: Re: try this

I always load sound fonts into the pool....because as you stated, they contain many instruments.... yes.. I'm aware.. I have also read the manual from front to back..... and my problem still remains...actually... I can load the soundfonts.... my previous versions were used by Unity DS-1 which had converted them into something STS4000 didn't recognise....so I re-downloaded the soundfonts and successfully got them listed in the pool... however, all the original parameters are lost. This is the same for Akai samples... even tho I hold the <cntl> key when dragging from the browser to the pool.. and to the program slot...

Post by Guest »

Subject: In the manual...

It explains how to load a sound program pretty well in the STS4000 manual. Perhaps reread that section, then if it still doesn't work,

1. AKAI DLL on Creamware's site fixes some STS4k issues with AKAI programs (maybe other stuff too)

2. 2.04a fixes some bugs

3. Some soundfonts are corrupt/broken and may cause problems.

Post by Guest »

Subject: Re: In the manual...

Thank you for your reply:
<It explains how to load a sound program pretty well in the STS4000 manual. Perhaps reread that section, then if it still doesn't work>

I have read the manual, thanks ;-) I also know to load soundfonts into the pool, not as a single program.

1. AKAI DLL on Creamware's site fixes some STS4k issues with AKAI programs (maybe other stuff too)

Downloaded this file, thanks for pointing it out.

2. 2.04a fixes some bugs

2.04a does not run cleanly on my system for some reason ..I have to use 2.01 ;((

3. Some soundfonts are corrupt/broken and may cause problems.

I realised the soundfonts had been corrupted by Unity DS-1 and re-downloaded them. They load into the pool fine now... but...all the original paremeters are lost. This also happens with Akai samples.. but only when I load them into STS4000, they play fine in the sample player devs. I have been holding down the <cntl> key as I drop them into a program slot.. but they still sound crap and require me to go adjusting all the filters again... most annoying ;((