1 WEEK SPRING 'N' SCOPE OFFER INCLUDING SCOPE BETA 8!

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

Sextant

Re: 1 WEEK SPRING 'N' SCOPE OFFER INCLUDING SCOPE BETA 8!

Post by Sextant »

I think Sonic Core is very lucky to have patient and indulgent users (of which I am one). But I'm increasingly sceptical and worried about the future of this platform... A niche product, but a shrinking niche, an old team, little or no technical support, little or no technical development, no commercial development... The whole thing looks like a slow, sad agony.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

valis wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:42 pm Holger has his hands full with life and his theatrical sound business, so having someone who can handle 64bit drivers attend to the issue would move things along.
Well,- by whatever reason the new Win10/11 driver is unable to come,- it´s sad it is.
I don´t need a new SCOPE version incl. new devices at all,- just only Win7 64Bit bug fixes and fully working 64Bit WAVE- and ASIO drivers.
There´s my Win 7 Pro 64Bit laptop waiting for a SCOPE 7 64Bit installation w/o the need wrapping my head aroud compromises and workarounds.
Total recall incl. every single user MIDI CC assignment on device level should work flawlessly as also operating every "standalone" native VSTdevice as well as WAVE I/O for additionally connected application(s).
Even though I´m very patient and truly consider SCOPE being a toolbox at a premium and worth to support ´til I retire from music biz or longer, I really wonder what´s so difficult w/ this and why it needs years,- or why it needs the wait until a "new SCOPE" is ready.
The "forget MIDI CC assignments" bug and some others are way older than the 1st release of SCOPE 7 is and some step-by step bug fixes would help a lot.
But that´s only me ... YMMV.

:)

Bud
valis

Post by valis »

This is more about 64bit addressing with newer portaudio apps & DAWs etc. Xite at the very least could use current support, as it simplifies post sales support and returns. PCI users are expecting something too though, and have already bought an update with the hopes of seeing it soon via support.

Certainly I'm no naysayer, but I wouldn't mind being able to use my Xite box for everything and drop at least one of my RME boxes (I have 4).
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

valis wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 10:03 am This is more about 64bit addressing with newer portaudio apps & DAWs etc. Xite at the very least could use current support, as it simplifies post sales support and returns. PCI users are expecting something too though, and have already bought an update with the hopes of seeing it soon via support.

Certainly I'm no naysayer, but I wouldn't mind being able to use my Xite box for everything and drop at least one of my RME boxes (I have 4).
Yep, using the older machines,- possibly w/ Win XP SP2 or Win 7 Pro 32Bit still,- makes a good SCOPE "standalone" solution for "STUDIO".

But not for being mobile,- and when I´m about using something mobile,- I want everything one only that one machine (laptop),- latest SCOPE and some carefully assorted native VST in addition.
SCOPE/XITE w/ PCIexpresscard34 would be the ideal solution WHEN SCOPE ASIO 64Bit and total recall (incl. MIDI CC assignment) worked as expected.
I´d connect my (partially vintage) hardware keys and MIDI-expanders via A16U (Z-Link), use SCOPE as digital mixer, FX-rack, audio router and have a handfull of for XITE optimized synths.
Leaves the question for a "humble" VST live-host running well w/ SCOPE ASIO, just only for sample libraries and some not too much CPU demanding VSTis from my collection.
I can imagine Reaper or Plogue Bidule, but using the Bidule demo I also recognized it doesn´t work flawlessly w/ every VST.
The latter rules also for Tracktion where some GUIs don´t work like they should.

The older I get and the more A.I. covers the most typical services like composing commercials, simple pop tunes, arrangement as also sound design (creating patches for a given tune),- the studio scenario becomes less attractive,- at least for me.
I always made the money w/ services, not "making tracks or beats" all day and creating Youtube etc. content for free.
For me, the live gigging scenario becomes more interesting again in future.

And when I get all running better w/ just only a Win7 Pro 64Bit laptop setup and SCOPE 5.1,- why should I use SCOPE/XITE v7 or buy a "new SCOPE" later ?
I bought SCOPE v7 for PCI and XITE,- and didn´t see many advantages, SCOPE v7 vs 5.1 for the purpose I described above.
The SCOPE synths I use in v7 already ran well in v4.5 and v5.1 while the total recall MIDI CC assignment bug is still the same.
Scope 5.1 ran well on WinXP SP2 32Bit w/ XITE-1 here,- I used for years in my 32Bit rackmount PC, together w/ Studio One Pro, Reaper and Reason 4 up to 6.x.
Just sayin´ ...

Finally,- I´m urgently waiting for a new and perfect working 64Bit SCOPE ASIO driver.

:)

Bud
Casper

Post by Casper »

valis wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:42 pm Holger has his hands full with life and his theatrical sound business, so having someone who can handle 64bit drivers attend to the issue would move things along.
Ahw, but someone metioned there were three men. Or is it like I said before? A one man show?
LunaMan

Post by LunaMan »

Holger + Gary + Valis = 3
valis

Post by valis »

I’m just the forum dude.
LunaMan

Post by LunaMan »

Well, no one said 3 ‘developers’ 8)