Creamware presets used in Eiffel 65 songs

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Eiffel65Fan

Creamware presets used in Eiffel 65 songs

Post by Eiffel65Fan »

Hi all,

You may or may not know this, but the Italian dance trio known as Eiffel 65 (who are best known for Blue (Da Ba Dee)) were big fans of the Creamware Pulsar and Pulsar II back in 1999-Early 2000's. I highly suspect that they used Creamware Pulsar presets in songs from the albums Europop (all songs except Blue, because the Pulsar's original release date was December 1998, and Blue was recorded in September-October 1998) and Contact! (maybe they could have used Creamware products for their self-titled third Italian album from 2003, but I am not sure).

In their interview with Keyboard Magazine in August 2000, Jeffrey Jey, the singer of the group, said that the Pulsar Vocoder from 1999 was used in the song "Your Clown", but that is the only time that specific plugins were mentioned by the band. I am looking for anybody who can tell me what presets from Creamware plugins were used by Eiffel, including the Your Clown vocoder preset.

Thanks in advance!

P.S.: As a bonus, I have included a picture of Eiffel holding their beloved Creamware products. :)
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (4.36 MiB) Viewed 3463 times
Last edited by Eiffel65Fan on Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
dante

Re: Creanware presets used in Eiffel 65 songs

Post by dante »

Nice Fusion Platform case. I want.
Spielraum

Re: Creamware presets used in Eiffel 65 songs

Post by Spielraum »

a beautiful declaration of love...
...and nice CW/SC backlink mainstream reklame, but 20 years+ to late?
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅] Lange Welle ~ Mittelwelle ~ Kurze Welle ~ Ultra Kurze Welle
Scope Sandbox soundcloud ~ youtube ~ bc modular-guide° ~ modules-SR
valis

Post by valis »

It's not late, because they are the reason he is seeking to use the platform we all enjoy. He's just expressing his roots, which I find admirable.
astroman

Post by astroman »

It‘s never too late...
Sorry, can‘t help with the Eiffel65 tracks, but recently got a 20 years old Akai sampler, which may lead me to eventually use the STS samplers that I ignored all the time :D
Eiffel65Fan

Post by Eiffel65Fan »

Does anybody else know what presets were used (if any)? I just bought the Xite, and all the other bonus plugins from Orbitone and Zarg, but I'm not really hearing anything from Eiffel's songs in the included synths (such as Bluesynth, EZSynth, Miniscope, etc.) or the bonuses, unless they made their own sounds or tweaked the existing presets.
nebelfuerst

Post by nebelfuerst »

I don't now Eiffels songs very well, but it will be a hard task to reverse engineer the synths. To me it's very unlikely, that someone bought a pulsar without modding the synth-presets. ( I started with V1.2 and was totally addicted to turn all those gears. Typically you walk through the presets to find a good starting point for modification.)
As I often play several synths in parallel with the same voice, this creates a sound no single synth will provide.
During mixing/mastering, the effects/eqs come in, which also make it harder to guess the origins.

Nevertheless, reverse engineering songs is big fun and a good way to learn a lot about scope and mixing/mastering.
\\\ *** l 0 v e | X I T E *** ///
valis

Post by valis »

Resources like the old Sound on Sound synth secrets articles are a great way to dig in on this task: https://www.soundonsound.com/series/syn ... ound-sound
Eiffel65Fan

Post by Eiffel65Fan »

valis wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:40 pm Resources like the old Sound on Sound synth secrets articles are a great way to dig in on this task: https://www.soundonsound.com/series/syn ... ound-sound
I searched Eiffel 65 on Sound on Sound, only one result came up, and it was for the making of David Guetta and Bebe Rexha's imposter hit.
valis

Post by valis »

I wasn’t referencing those specifically. I agree with the above posters, I doubt that there are specific presets that would be easily identified. On the contrary, understanding the basic tonality of what you hear, and then exploring through the various cents on offer at the time for scope would get you much closer. That combined with the above knowledge would help you identify how to tweak the sense to come close to what you want.
astroman

Post by astroman »

Once you put a raw synth through delay and/or reverb it basically becomes non recognizable ;)
(I know from countless Casio and Yamaha presets, which really started to shine after the procedure)

Creamware‘s 1st Vocoder release certainly was an achievement those days, but the Vocodizer sequel really nailed it 8)
Even if I didn‘t use any synths and fx from Scope, Vocodizer would be reason enough to keep the system.
Tbh imho the Vocoder was Eiffel‘s main reason and possibly some reverbs like the old Paul Tanti stuff, synths just adding a bonus.
Spielraum

Post by Spielraum »

Eiffel65Fan wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:39 pm Does anybody else know what presets were used ...
write to the guys and ask politely. if they're cool, let some info slip through 8)
the crispy vocoder-like sound always reminded me of steinberg's voice designer and later voice machine, less of scope's vocoder...

... i think also, layered design with post enginering/mastering had probably obscured the origin. thats normal standard in electronic body music.
... maybe scope was also used as an AKAI replacement, like HD/Sampler system.
... don't forget their midi outboard park either.
... and maybe a connected adatmachine e.g. .
= then you won't find any presets
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅] Lange Welle ~ Mittelwelle ~ Kurze Welle ~ Ultra Kurze Welle
Scope Sandbox soundcloud ~ youtube ~ bc modular-guide° ~ modules-SR
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

I have to say that, in my recordings, the most emotionally strong passages I've ever recorded had come from some SCOPE Synths on it. Magical or not magical, fat or not fat, this or that technology makes it possible, etc., I leave all these kind of difficult and controversial appreciations research topics to the critics, but as a musician, I have to say that our platform has "something" truly "special" in its sound when it comes to synths. I use them always combined with some VST nevertheless, for maximum flexibility.
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*