WTS: Scope + Pulsar

Have Scope hardware to sell or trade? NO DEALER POSTING ALLOWED.

Moderators: valis, garyb

wdschr

WTS: Scope + Pulsar

Post by wdschr »

Hi,

I was gifted a Scope and Pulsar card and would love to get them to someone who could actually use them.

I don't know too many details, but they come as shown in the picture, without cable whip and I do not have any software.
creamware.jpg
creamware.jpg (372.16 KiB) Viewed 4037 times
Make me an offer and they are yours (EU shipping preferred).
valis

Re: WTS: Scope + Pulsar

Post by valis »

Check your PM's for a request about the larger card.

Questions asked here for others who will likely be curious:

Did you get the keyfile(s) that go with the cards? This is necessary to license the Scope software (that can be remedied if no keyfile) and all 3rd party products and official Creamware packages that might have been purchased for the card(s).

My guess from your post is that you have not tried the cards to see what state they are in electrically, is this correct?

Do you have an approximate price for each and both?

Thanks
wdschr

Post by wdschr »

I do not have any keyfiles, the Scope does have a sticker with a 12 character "Scope key".

You are right that I cannot check if they actually work or not. FWIW, visually they look fine, were working some years ago and have been in an office environment since. I'm willing to reemburse the price in case they do not work, minus shipping.

It is hard for me to give a price that's reasonable given the above, so I'm open to any offer.

I'm located in Spain.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

wdschr wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:42 am I do not have any keyfiles, the Scope does have a sticker with a 12 character "Scope key".
The latter is just only the hardware-serial number of the card.
Scope keyfile is created on a computer´s drive once the Scope application is activated by an activation code.
The Scope application is bound to THAT card then.

Creamware PCI card sellers usually HAVE to provide the keyfile.
S|C isn´t urgently committed to provide new keys because these cards are officially discontinued.
But they might provide SCOPE v4.0 keys,- possibly.
wdschr wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:42 am You are right that I cannot check if they actually work or not. FWIW, visually they look fine, were working some years ago and have been in an office environment since.
But you already have put 1 card on that piece of foam and the other on the outside of a plastic (antistatic ?) bag.
That alone can damage the card.
Foam isn´t antistatic at all and bags are antistatic only inside !
It would have been better when you put cards on a piece of (news-)paper for photos.
You´re obviously not able handling these electronics very well,- this also in case of shipping.

No cable whip ... well,-
what´s the I/O plate ? Classic2020, Pro (balanced), 2 ADAT pairs I/O or 3,- w/ or w/o Z-Link ???

Do you have any clue at all ?
wdschr wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:42 am I'm willing to reemburse the price in case they do not work, minus shipping.

It is hard for me to give a price that's reasonable given the above, so I'm open to any offer.

I'm located in Spain.
o.k. ...

I´d say, when untested, been treated as discribed above, w/o keyfile and software, I/O plate unclear and w/o breakout cable whip,- it´s worth almost NOTHING,- not even the shipping,- and for devices which have a chance to be DOA !

:)

Bud
valis

Post by valis »

Concur. Lack of Keyfile(s) limits your resale ability to people1 who only seek to expand their available DSP count with a system they already have, and yet the DOA issue is certainly a concern there as well.
DsPArNoLd

Post by DsPArNoLd »

wdschr wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:20 am Hi,

I was gifted a Scope and Pulsar card and would love to get them to someone who could actually use them.

I don't know too many details, but they come as shown in the picture, without cable whip and I do not have any software.

creamware.jpg

Make me an offer and they are yours (EU shipping preferred).

Hi,would you mind telling me what the extension attached to the scope card is ?Does it have some bnc connectors ?? It’s hard to see on the picture…

Thanks a LOT !!!
valis

Post by valis »

It was the ADAT breakout, not wordclock. Ie, the one that looks like a 15/18 pin (forget the exact pinout) and gives MMC/Transport Control over an ADAT Tape machine.

BNC/Wordclock is always a daughter card, in my experience. The first year or so of operation Creamware may have had some accessories I'm unaware of.
sunmachine

Post by sunmachine »

To me it looks like the big card has the 24ADAT plate so that the extension should be for the MIDI cable whip with two MIDI In/Out/Thru.

From the installation manual (2001 version):
The 24ADAT Plate
The MIDI I/O cable whip attaches to a connector on a slot cover plate which is in turn connected to the 24 I/O board via a ribbon cable.
The connector of the MIDI cable whip has 25 pins.

Don't know if there was another version with a different extension, valis?

scope-cards.png
scope-cards.png (91.6 KiB) Viewed 2948 times
timothyday

Post by timothyday »

I'll buy them! DM sent.

@timothyday_musicandsound
thomaschen@aol.com

Post by thomaschen@aol.com »

I have a scope system in which the scope card died. I would be happy to give your pulse card a working home.
Thomas Chen