Some Christmas KrOn discounts

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

spacef

Some Christmas KrOn discounts

Post by spacef »

Hi, some Christmas discounts

- KrOn MAx at the price of KrOn "not max" = 99 € instead of 199
- KrOn upgrade from KrOn to Kron Max (gives the synths FMZ, Spirit and Magma) = 29 e instead of 99
- KrOn (regular) = 70 instead of 99 €

The discount offer starts today and lasts until the beginning of January.

All the best

Mehdi
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
LorenOA76

Re: Some Christmas KrOn discounts

Post by LorenOA76 »

All Scoopers,

I advise you all to jump for the KrOn Devices at this price it is a no brainer!!!
The SpaceF Synths and devices were always revolutionary!!

Thanks for this Superb discount

I already bought it :)

Loren
nebelfuerst

Post by nebelfuerst »

Does it make sense to buy KrOn Max, even if I don't plan to use any external equipment ?
\\\ *** l 0 v e | X I T E *** ///
spacef

Post by spacef »

I think that it makes sense to use KrOn even without external gear because some Scope synths are made to work with it too.

- Controlling external gear through CV is what KrOn is made for, it began with Korg MS20, but it also controls dsp synths.

Some of them come with KrOn, while others such as Magma or FMZ are added in the "max" package. Those "dsp-cv" synths are not really useable without the modulators from KrOn. The Prodyssey CV also accepts external modulators and was made to respond well to KrOn. There is also the BB3 osc and filters. There is a 16 step sequencer in BB3. KrOn is just much bigger. it would also work fine with Modular Patches.

By the way, KrOn was made for Korg MS20 (V/Hz standard) but is not supported anymore since version 3 I think, to save dsp : it does only DSP and V/Oct formats. Mini Kron, a smaller sequencer in the pack, still supports MS20 V/Hz mode.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
valis

Post by valis »

Stickied
nebelfuerst

Post by nebelfuerst »

You just convinced me to buy the Max pack of KrOn. :D
\\\ *** l 0 v e | X I T E *** ///
spacef

Post by spacef »

Thanks !! :-)

I just wanted to add that I just tried the MS20 filter from Arturia and it works fine with KrOn !
- record KrOn as audio in DAW (I did not try "live" but it should work the same).
-- send recorded audio to SIdechain of MS20 filter (and also send the modulations to a bus that does not go the mix, level at -inf or mute, ie, a bus that goes nowhere, used only to route modulators away from the main mix outputs).
--- In MS20 filter, select sidechain in the "envelope follower" section.
---- move the first "circle" near cutoff or resonance to add the required modulation amount.

so it means we can synchronize modulators in scope + DAW + eurorack at the same time with a single modulator.

The Filter MS20 from Arturia may still be free (after, it will be 99€). It's the only filter effect I know that has sidechain input for modulation of the filter... You can also modulate resonance, which is uncommon too in the VST world.
Grab it fast if you can and if it is still free !! it is pretty good filter.

In the pic below, I quantized KrOn because i did not pay attention and recorded it quickly and a bit out of time ;-)

Anyone knows other filter effects with sidechain inputs to modulate cutoff (and resonance) ? i think it is not common at all.
So, bravo Arturia !

extra tip: do not normalize or change the volume of the recorded KrOn modulation. keep channel fader at 0dB. it is better to use the modulation amounts of the effect ,it is easier to use (more useable range than the level fader). And don't forget to route it away from your main mix outputs.
Attachments
KrOnMS20.jpg
KrOnMS20.jpg (649.1 KiB) Viewed 4589 times
Last edited by spacef on Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
Spielraum

MS20 Flt Re: Some Christmas KrOn discounts

Post by Spielraum »

nice, bis 2.1.2023!
MS20 system requirement win7 or 10? for my beloved XP I'm probably not allowed to ask...

for german
https://www.gearnews.de/arturia-filter-ms-20-plugin-recording/

half free?
>>>
comment
20. Dezember 2022 um 21:33 Uhr
Installiert und autorisiert wird das Plugin über die kostenlose Software „Arturia Software Center“. Also wenn schon Freeware dann ganz ohne Anbindung und nicht so!
-----
The plugin is installed and authorized using the free software "Arturia Software Center". So if it's freeware then without a connection and not like that!
<<<
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅] Lange Welle ~ Mittelwelle ~ Kurze Welle ~ Ultra Kurze Welle
Scope Sandbox soundcloud ~ youtube ~ bc modular-guide° ~ modules-SR
spacef

Post by spacef »

the ms20 filter works fine on my un-upgradable win 7 system.
I don't know about XP, but having win7 support in 2022 is already great (most recent plugins do not support win7 anymore).

Once activated through the arturia software center, it requires no internet connection for using the plugin (to my knowledge).

I think it is completely free now (later it will not be free anymore). no need to buy something from Arturia, or to pay the plugin later.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
spacef

Post by spacef »

Further to questions, here and there... here are a few more examples:

This is a song where KrOn is controlling Prodyssey CV (the first bassline and the second bass "bubbles" (?) that we then hear during the whole track).
https://youtu.be/xY7iUjJ6uYo

Another where it controls JunZ, bass also. Magma pitch sequencer is added progressively (Magma sync is controlled manually with Midi CCs, then a KrOn sequence comes in). all notes are in a "1 finger controls all" way. here is the track, a few instants, before pitch seq is slowly added to magma, then the envelope follower of the KrOn pitch sequencer is put to zero, making it more "rhythmic". Also, after a little while, the current oscillator is switched to an oscillator that does not receive pitch modulation, so it is back to zero pitch modulation, and another sound. this is not prepared, just impro. All this is small parameter variations that make a track lively. I should do it more often myself ;-)
https://youtu.be/D_ysfwAaBEk?t=453

Another with Prodyssey CV and info on screen (with Mini-KrOn, which is more or less "Half a KrOn")
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2K_S65N8Mc

There are other videos where it controls hardware, the process is the same.

There is not much to learn, as long as you know what is an lfo or pitch sequencer and that all modulators are mixed together through various outputs. The most advanced features are some of the triggers (that can be something else than notes on/off), or the "KrOn Sync" that can dispatch tempo over several devices connected together (as long as the have a "KrOn sync on/off" button - so you don't need to type BPM in many devices, just on the master device (which can be KrOn or LG Sync, or some other devices).

Just fiddle. best things often come by chance, then build around it. Save presets and projects as much as possible (boring, but rewarding in the end, when you have lots of presets: you can exchange them between instruments, re-use them as starting points etc). Playing with the volumes of the output mixers of KrOn, or with the level of some CV inputs of the receiving synth, is nice to create variations and progressions. Go wild and crazy and check the "Custom" page where you can change the order of outputs, so it creates things that a human would not dare to do (well, often it is very random, and needs a few adaptations, but it can be interesting too).
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website